Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

emmetlego wrote: »
    Allegri rumours getting stronger and stronger. I'd say we can expect an announcement from AW soon. When's the next press conference? Today?

How so? Allegri denied the rumours himself yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

greendom wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean.

What has sanchez need to do to show he is trying to play for the team with the amount of assists, passes etc he does for the team?

Just talking about his annoyance with his team members.  Blowing up and storming out of training last week, which led to him being dropped.
    is it so wrong to be annoyed with some team mates?

He also aired in private ie in training not on the pitch. Whoever leaked the info is the one thats making bad blood in arsenal.

Im pretty sure Sanchez is not the only PL footballer that has argued with a team mate it training.

The difference is some fool leaked private dirty laundry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

domrush wrote: »
    Is Juve to Arsenal not a bit of a step down?

Dortmund to Liverpool is a bigger step down than Juve to Arsenal. So it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Dortmund to Liverpool is a bigger step down than Juve to Arsenal. So it does happen.

Haha. The Mugsmashers aint gonna like that. You're right though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Daily Express in the UK reporting that we've agreed a deal for Allegri should Wenger not sign an extension.

So now that we can rule Allegri out, who do you think we will get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The circumstances aren't comparable at all IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

NukaCola wrote: »
    I know you're probably just trying to get an unnecessary dig in at LFC but the circumstances aren't comparable at all.

Not everything is a dig...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not everything is a dig...

Yea, more than likely not tbf, edited the post......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Quazzie wrote: »
    Daily Express in the UK reporting that we've agreed a deal for Allegri should Wenger not sign an extension.

So now that we can rule Allegri out, who do you think we will get?
    did i read this wrong but diddnt you say Allegri has agreed a deal with us yet you now say his ruled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

did i read this wrong but diddnt you say Allegri has agreed a deal with us yet you now say his ruled out?

The source is not very credible!

• Advertisement

Daily Express is the source, so I'd be pretty confident it's all smokescreen and the opposite will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I honestly think even if Arsene leaves that nothing will change. The board won't allow sweeping changes to a club and a system that works so well for them.

I can see us plodding along like a horse that needs to be put down for a while to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Vieira gave his all for the team, and improved the team around him. Sanchez gives it all for Sanchez and adds very little to the team around him. Ridiculous comparison.

Thats bollox. He doesnt run around like a headless chicken chasing down lost balls for himself, he does it for his team, he wants to win unlike most of his team mates who seem content with picking up a paycheck at the end of the week and wallow in mediocrity.

If you have 11 players with the same attitude as Sanczez does we would be winning leagues.

The whole Sanchez saga, there is shades of what happened at United back in 2005 when Roy Keane went on MUTV and slated a couple of players. Although Keane was ousted a couple of weeks later, the penny dropped for United and it helped them refocus somewhat. Even with Ferguson at the helm there was a bit of mediocrity creeping in that time.

This wont happen at Arsenal though. We simply have a bunch of unambitious sulks and a manager who has lost control of the situation a long long time ago. As a person i like Arsene Wenger but with a long time now he has not been fit for purpose as a manager. I think the real game changer for us was David Dein leaving the club and then Danny Fizmans death. We lost that ambition in the boardroom. The Hillwoods and Chips Keswick, despite their longevity have never been true football men. When it was established that Kroenke had the same vision as themselves they were only happy to jump into bed with him

Sanchez on Instagram.

"Lets go gunners. The only failure is not trying"

Anybody with half a brain can figure out what hes getting at. I love Sanchez finally somebody with a set of balls at the club to tell it how it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Try not to let the Sanchez thing distract you. It's purely a smokescreen from the club to distract from Wenger the bluffer. Getting the fans to focus on Alexis and not the real issue is exactly what the Arsenal PR machine want you to do.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Thats bollox. He doesnt run around like a headless chicken chasing down lost balls for himself, he does it for his team, he wants to win unlike most of his team mates who seem content with picking up a paycheck at the end of the week and wallow in mediocrity.

If you have 11 players with the same attitude as Sanczez does we would be winning leagues.
    Eleven players running around into the opposition, losing the ball A LOT, then chasing around like a lunatic to try win it back before burning himself out. Sure we'd get the odd amazing goal, but we wouldn't be winning any leagues.

The whole Sanchez saga, there is shades of what happened at United back in 2005 when Roy Keane went on MUTV and slated a couple of players.

Forgot about that, wouldn't mind hearing an informed Manchester Utd fans perspective on the similarities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sanchez's work rate tends to be a bit crap unless he has given the ball away himself, then he chases it like a madman. Reminds me of Rooney. I find the hard-working Sanchez thing to be a bit of a myth. Still a great player of course.

• Advertisement

Eleven players running around into the opposition, losing the ball A LOT, then chasing around like a lunatic to try win it back before burning himself out. Sure we'd get the odd amazing goal, but we wouldn't be winning any leagues.

He has all the qualities of a winner/leader. Heart, tenacity, courage, the will do be the best he can be. All the above attributes that most of this squad lacks.

He has all the qualities of a winner/leader. Heart, tenacity, courage, the will do be the best he can be. All the above attributes that most of this squad lacks.
    You missed out on team work, which is probably the most important one.

Kieron Gibbs for instance was given the armband v Bayern Munich in one of the most important games of the clubs season. A player who is content with picking up his paycheck and sitting in the stands for most of the season over developing his career.

Maybe because it is obvious he is the hardest working player at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Wenger might as well rest a load of players, (hell he does not have to tell them to rest, they doing it at most games), against Bayern. He will need them fit to fight for 4th place in the PL.

Maybe because it is obvious he is the hardest working player at the club.
    Not in terms of teamwork he isn't. Running and chasing does not equals hard working.

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Wenger might as well rest a load of players, (hell he does not have to tell them to rest, they doing it at most games), against Bayern. He will need them fit to fight for 4th place in the PL.

Yeah I'd usually agree with you there, but we don't play West Brom till the 18th March, almost two weeks away. Lincoln at home on Saturday should be a stroll for a premier League team. I'd put out the strongest side available (whatever that is :pac:) for the game. Give them yet another opportunity to not embarrass themselves and actually give it a go against a top team.

He'd walk into any team on the planet Quazzie. Ibrahimovic isn't exactly a team player but you tolerate it because of what he gives you. Sanchez is the same. He wouldnt have to hare after the ball half as much if a) we were actually any good at holding on to it in the first place and b) someone else actually tried a leg.

keano_afc wrote: »
    He'd walk into any team on the planet Quazzie. Ibrahimovic isn't exactly a team player but you tolerate it because of what he gives you. Sanchez is the same. He wouldnt have to hare after the ball half as much if a) we were actually any good at holding on to it in the first place and b) someone else actually tried a leg.
    He's the biggest culprit for losing the ball to the opposition.

We're gonna win 4-1, aren't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Dream on.

• Advertisement

He's the biggest culprit for losing the ball to the opposition.

Only because he actually wants it. And despite that, he's scored a third of our goals this season and assisted another load. You're not saying we're a better team without him, surely?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Only because he actually wants it. And despite that, he's scored a third of our goals this season and assisted another load. You're not saying we're a better team without him, surely?
    During the period when he first returned from his injury we were.

Overall he adds to our team, but that's not hard when you look around the team at the moment. His main alternative is Walcott. My point is he isn't irreplaceable and his "world class" tag is greatly exaggerated. He's a good player, but if we get decent money for him, then I'd wave him off and not be overly worried.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Dream on.

Leaving a team that won a couple of Bundesliga titles and got to a champions league final in recent years to a team that have been in the champions league group stage once in the last 5 or 6 years and Europa league a couple of times and some seasons not even in Europe is a bigger step down than Juventus to Arsenal.

During the period when he first returned from his injury we were.

Overall he adds to our team, but that's not hard when you look around the team at the moment. His main alternative is Walcott. My point is he isn't irreplaceable and his "world class" tag is greatly exaggerated. He's a good player, but if we get decent money for him, then I'd wave him off and not be overly worried.

Sanchez is probably the only player in the squad that would of got into our invincibles team. Your vastly under rating his worth.

Sanchez is probably the only player in the squad that would of got into our invincibles team. Your vastly under rating his worth.
    I fully believe you (and the media but what's new there) are vastly over rating him. And I can't see what player on the invincible team he would dislodge. Bergkamp or Henry?

We might have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's a different debate, but I'd definitely have Koscielny ahead of Kolo Toure.

I fully believe you (and the media but what's new there) are vastly over rating him. And I can't see what player on the invincible team he would dislodge. Bergkamp or Henry?

We might have to agree to disagree.

I'd find a place for him. I'd dislodge Ljungberg for him, even though it's not his best position. I like Ljungberg, but he's no Sanchez.

17 goals and 10 assists in 26 league games. What does this chap have to do. He is one of the best players in his position in world football and certainly one of the most likeable. Hes a rare comodity in todays game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

17 goals and 10 assists in 26 league games. What does this chap have to do. He is one of the best players in his position in world football and certainly one of the most likeable. Hes a rare comodity in todays game.

We don't deserve Sanchez. Footballers have a short career and he's after wasting a couple of precious years of that playing for a manager with no ambition and players who look like they can't be arsed nine out of ten games. There are some exceptions to that, kos, Mustafi, ospina ramsey. Buy by in large...Sanchez is nearly always our best player and most consistent... If he fecked off at the End of the season who could blame him. I just hope he doesn't go to another English team...At least let it be to a Bayern type club so he can only embarass us once a year.

We don't deserve Sanchez. Footballers have a short career and he's after wasting a couple of precious years of that playing for a manager with no ambition and players who look like they can't be arsed nine out of ten games. There are some exceptions to that, kos, Mustafi, ospina ramsey. Buy by in large...Sanchez is nearly always our best player and most consistent... If he fecked off at the End of the season who could blame him. I just hope he doesn't go to another English team...At least let it be to a Bayern type club so he can only embarass us once a year.

I fully agree with that, definitely seems like we have wasted Sanchez talent in some respects, same with Ozil tbh by not surrounding them with better players to work with. I'd love to have known the promises and assurances that they gave Ozil and Sanchez before they signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sanchez is the type of personality we've been crying out for and now people are ready to throw him under the bus ......I don't get some people

Sanchez is the type of personality we've been crying out for and now people are ready to throw him under the bus ......I don't get some people

Because some people are terrified of change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Also on the Ozil thing because I know people say he's useless and does **** all...Players like Ozil need equal or near as good as him around him.

Look at Robben last week , Scores an absolute worldie and then does **** all , I think players like Ozil you have to carry them a certain amount for that moment of brilliance he will cause and probably win you a game , but you can't rely solely on him like we've been doing all season and probably since he's arrived he's just not that kind of player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Also on the Ozil thing because I know people say he's useless and does **** all...Players like Ozil need equal or near as good as him around him.

Look at Robben last week , Scores an absolute worldie and then does **** all , I think players like Ozil you have to carry them a certain amount for that moment of brilliance he will cause and probably win you a game , but you can't rely solely on him like we've been doing all season and probably since he's arrived he's just not that kind of player

I think the stats prove that Ozil is a hard working player. He covers more ground in the pitch than most. Constantly moving, finding gaps, creating spaces. But when was the last time he took your breath away? I can't think of any since the Ludogrets game when he scored that magical goal with half their defence on its ass

We should be expecting more for 42 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

We're gonna win 4-1, aren't we?

The only way we are winning 4-1 is on the corner count

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

How anyone would want Sanchez gone is beyond me. One of a few winners we have in a team of mediocre.

Allegri or any other more passionate manager would get so much more out of him and others and know a player or two to bring in to support that

Soups123 wrote: »
    How anyone would want Sanchez gone is beyond me. One of a few winners we have in a team of mediocre.

Allegri or any other more passionate manager would get so much more out of him and others and know a player or two to bring in to support that

Who said they wanted Sanchez gone.?

wawaman wrote: »
    The only way we are winning 4-1 is on the wasted corner count

FYP ;)

Alexis seems to be turning into something akin to Joey Barton on instagram.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Alexis seems to be turning into something akin to Joey Barton on instagram.

Whats up?...Whats he at?
    I know f-all of instagram..I thought it was just photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement