Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Whats up?...Whats he at?
    I know f-all of instagram..I thought it was just photos.

You can add a few lines with each photo afaik

Alexis apparently said
    The true warrior fights not because he hates the ones in front of him, but because he loves those behind him.

I ripped it from Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/5xt2bv/alexis_on_instagram_the_true_warrior_fights_not/?st=izyrjihv&sh=8f6b9dbf

Whats up?...Whats he at?
    I know f-all of instagram..I thought it was just photos.

Your right its mostly photos but there is normally a tag or quote underneath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

More Cantona than Barton id hope...I like Alexis,I think he gives his all.

FWIW Id be on his side calling a few of our players out,plenty have underperformed.

More Cantona than Barton id hope...I like Alexis,I think he gives his all.

I've a vague recollection of Cantona talking about Seagulls when he left Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Don't know if any of the Sanchez stuff is true or not but it did get me thinking that Arsenal haven't looked like a team in a long time. Looking back, the last time they looked like a team, where everybody was on the same page, everyone was fighting and there seemed to be good morale seems like ages ago.

Of course you need good players and need to have them at a certain standard, but after that, I think that having a closely knit team with good team work where everybody is willing to fight and put in the work can make up a for a lack of talent and could even win you the league. Unfortunately, we don't have that at the moment and honestly I can't remember the last time we did.

If we were able to get that kind of team back, I have no doubt that we could improve vastly, but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

John Cross suggesting Sanchez has been acting the right cúnt and left Wenger little choice. I did think when I saw him on the bench that this was disciplinary alright. I also don't see how you can call him a born winner and say we need more players like him if you don't actually know what's gone on behind the scenes here. It's hard to know who/what to believe though. I do agree that Wenger looked like a tit having to bring him on at half time however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

"The only failure is not trying."

Sanchez.png

farna_boy wrote: »
    Don't know if any of the Sanchez stuff is true or not but it did get me thinking that Arsenal haven't looked like a team in a long time. Looking back, the last time they looked like a team, where everybody was on the same page, everyone was fighting and there seemed to be good morale seems like ages ago.

Of course you need good players and need to have them at a certain standard, but after that, I think that having a closely knit team with good team work where everybody is willing to fight and put in the work can make up a for a lack of talent and could even win you the league. Unfortunately, we don't have that at the moment and honestly I can't remember the last time we did.

If we were able to get that kind of team back, I have no doubt that we could improve vastly, but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.
    Bournemouth 3-3 Arsenal? Remember how galvanised we apparently were?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I said it at the time during the Hull match, Walcott and Maguire were having a square up on the pitch. Huddlestone rushed over and backed up his guy. It took an age for any of our players to come over to back their man. Think it was Coquelin who eventually came over while the rest of the team stood there and just watched. Shows a lack of team spirit imo. The invincibles, Tony Adams team etc would have all backed each other up. This team doesnt. Looks like a serious lack of team spirit and lack of proper leaders at the club now. Maybe it's the sign of the time now and modern football sadly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ok here is a discussion i would like to bring to you.

If you was the board or wenger, how much would you offer sanchez and ozil on a new deal?
    IMO i would only offer 170k max for sanchez and 160k for ozil and here is why.

I did some analysis on what other world class players get in RM, Barcelona etc and here are the surprising figures:
    barcelona > http://www.totalsportek.com/money/barcelona-player-salaries/ ;
    RM > http://www.totalsportek.com/money/real-madrid-player-salaries/ ;
    Bayern Munich > http://www.totalsportek.com/money/bayern-munich-player-salaries/ ;

Only Ronaldo, messi, naymer and suarez earn above 200k and they are IMO better then sanchez and Ozil.

Now how much is ozil and sanchez on at the moment? are they getting paid far less then teh equivalents in the likes of rm/bayarn?

The answer is no and infact they are earning just as much as said players from the big european clubs:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/arsenal-player-salaries/ ;

Now as wenger or the board i can definetly see why they wouldnt offer over 200k for these players when you look at Tony Kross, Iniesta etc all below 200k...

And here is another question to throw at you lot.

If they leave for money sake, who will offer more then 170k for these pair?

Rm? nope. Barcelona? Nope, bayern? Nope because if they do, these players will be one of the highest paid players ahead of similar skilled players already in those clubs.

so who can offer 200k to these players? China?

You see, i believe the stalling of contract talks is nothing to do with money as they only way both players will gte a significent bump in pay is to play in china.

So why are they stalling from a players point of view? to guarantee that this club is the club that can challenge for the big trophies.

And from wenger/board stand of view? Why offer 200k when the likes of iniesta, vidal and tiago are on less ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I said it at the time during the Hull match, Walcott and Maguire were having a square up on the pitch. Huddlestone rushed over and backed up his guy. It took an age for any of our players to come over to back their man. Think it was Coquelin who eventually came over while the rest of the team stood there and just watched. Shows a lack of team spirit imo. The invincibles, Tony Adams team etc would have all backed each other up. This team doesnt. Looks like a serious lack of team spirit and lack of proper leaders at the club now. Maybe it's the sign of the time now and modern football sadly?

It's been said ad nauseam, but it's down to leadership. Wenger is no longer a figure to believe in. With regards to Sanchez, he has that petulance in his locker. He should bring it on the pitch instead. Nothing will change for the better until there is a clear out.

Ok here is a discussion i would like to bring to you.

If you was the board or wenger, how much would you offer sanchez and ozil on a new deal?
    IMO i would only offer 170k max for sanchez and 160k for ozil and here is why.

I did some analysis on what other world class players get in RM, Barcelona etc and here are the surprising figures:
    barcelona > http://www.totalsportek.com/money/barcelona-player-salaries/ 
    RM > http://www.totalsportek.com/money/real-madrid-player-salaries/ 
    Bayern Munich > http://www.totalsportek.com/money/bayern-munich-player-salaries/ 

Only Ronaldo, messi, naymer and suarez earn above 200k and they are IMO better then sanchez and Ozil.

Now how much is ozil and sanchez on at the moment? are they getting paid far less then teh equivalents in the likes of rm/bayarn?

The answer is no and infact they are earning just as much as said players from the big european clubs:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/arsenal-player-salaries/ 

Now as wenger or the board i can definetly see why they wouldnt offer over 200k for these players when you look at Tony Kross, Iniesta etc all below 200k...

And here is another question to throw at you lot.

If they leave for money sake, who will offer more then 170k for these pair?

Rm? nope. Barcelona? Nope, bayern? Nope because if they do, these players will be one of the highest paid players ahead of similar skilled players already in those clubs.

so who can offer 200k to these players? China?

You see, i believe the stalling of contract talks is nothing to do with money as they only way both players will gte a significent bump in pay is to play in china.

So why are they stalling from a players point of view? to guarantee that this club is the club that can challenge for the big trophies.

And from wenger/board stand of view? Why offer 200k when the likes of iniesta, vidal and tiago are on less ?

The problem is that Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd will be able to offer more than 200k for Sanchez especially. I agree with everything else you say in regards wages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I think we really have a chance tonight if both Neuer and then the Sub keeper both get sent off in first 20 mins.

ronjo wrote: »
    if both Neuer and then the Sub keeper both get sent off in first 20 mins.

nTNnrfH.jpg

Rumour going round that Wenger will announce he will step down after the match tonight and has already told the players.
    Hope this is true

Rumour going round that Wenger will announce he will step down after the match tonight and has already told the players.
    Hope this is true

Johnny you gotta back that up with a link or something!

Hope this is true
    If only. After the Liverpool match would've been the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hope this is true

Back it up, dammit!

Shows how bad things are that this is the most exciting news in ages for Arsenal....

As far as I can see its come from Tancredi Palmeri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

As far as I can see its come from Tancredi Palmeri

....and immediately disregarded

Hope this is true

Johnny you gotta back that up with a link or something!
    on twitter apparently!

then again it was a spuds fan telling me he read it on twitter lol.

anyways its  a rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Hope this is true

Lets hope he also told them "win this one for me boys"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Andip wrote: »
    Lets hope he also told them "win this one for me boys"

By at least 5 clear goals please.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

CatInABox wrote: »
    By at least 5 clear goals please.....

or 4 and a clean sheet (that's at odds of 91/1 with 888 sport at the mo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Arsenalgamebygame on YouTube has a good documentary out today on the state of things...It's very good. Same young fella who used do the match previews on the Arsenal fan tv channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Hope this is true

Although I do think it's time for a change at Arsenal it will be a sad day when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

palmeri is the ultimate "if you throw enough s*it some of it is bound to stick" merchant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Think I'll watch the Napoli v Real Madrid game instead, at least that one coudl still go either way.

another defeat tonight would be 5 losses in our last 6 games... the solitary win was v sutton united... just as well its Lincoln on Saturday.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Shows how bad things are that this is the most exciting news in ages for Arsenal....

Crikey though ...... It would be a result. Like pulling a tooth, painful for while but one gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Basil3 wrote: »

I hope we actually press tonight for once, thats the front line for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wasnt sure about watching tonight but its not often you get to watch the best midfield partnership (Ramsey and Xhaka) in the league play on big nights like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is the game on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

BT Sports 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Utterly astounding how he can keep selecting Walcott in the team.

BT Sports 2

No on Irish TV!?!

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    No on Irish TV!?!

TV3 are surprisingly showing it, thought they'd have the Napoli Real Madrid match.

No on Irish TV!?!

TV3

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Utterly astounding how he can keep selecting Walcott in the team.

He hasn't been playing much. He's a useful player if he gets some service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No on Irish TV!?!

Alright only trying to help

Alright only trying to help

Thanks ha, sorry was wondering if it was on Irish TV too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Come on Arsenal.

At least come out looking like you believe you can beat these.

Welbeck injured in the warm up. Giroud to start.

Bahahahaha. We've reached peak Arsenal. **** off now please. :)

3-1 to Bayern.

At least we're watchable for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Against a disinterested Bayern side.

Storm before the calm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Arsenal are playing really well. Vastly different attitude to that seen against Liverpool.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement