Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Sanchez has given it away three times in the past two mins ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    You wrong much.

I was talking about that one incident and Alonso gets the ball so it's not a peno, of course if someone lunges in 2 footed breaks someone's leg but gets the ball is a totally different thing. Which is more or less what you are alluding to

There you go. Red for Kos. Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lewandowski was always going down there at the first touch. Red card now. I thought he gave a yellow???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

WOW! RED?

Lewandowski up to his old tricks

What a ****ing joke. Why was he sent off? Official behind the goal actually makes a decision **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Wtf going on with this ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Want to know what was really telling? The crowd didn't even react to the peno or the read card.

Times like that I'd like to see a player just headbutt someone, let on like ya give a ****.

Right so, 5 more please Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Hope the ref gets demoted after this, absolutely dreadful...

Want to know own what was really telling? The crowd didn't even react to the peno or the read card.

To be fair, I'd say most had no idea WTF is going on. I still don't.

Ref was poor, but it was a penalty and it was a red. Probably the first decision he got right all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Nice consistent stuff from the ref here. F*ck off. As if we weren't going to stuggle enough. Such a soft peno and the extra offical gives the call here. He's to busy thinking bout his tea down the other end on the stone wall one on Theo.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ref was poor, but it was a penalty and it was a red. Probably the first decision he got right all night.

Thought lewandowski dived, where was contact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Underground

Soft peno but not the softest I've seen.

Penalty and yellow card are punishment enough, no need for the red. It's a rule that needs to change.

FixitFelix wrote: »

He didn't dive. He went down easy, but there was definite contact, and a definite foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

He did make the most of it but its clever centre forward play and we would applaud it if Giroud did it. Koscielny caught out his own fault.

• Advertisement

Isn't there something about the penalty being punishment enough and the red card is seen as a double punishment?
    I'm pretty sure that's a thing.

Unless Kosser said something to warrant a red but that's hardly his style.

He didn't dive. He went down easy, but there was definite contact, and a definite foul.

Not for me but hey it makes no difference to the outcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The only thing we can hope to gain from this now is a new manager!

Isn't there something about the penalty being punishment enough and the red card is seen as a double punishment?

That's only in premier league

Only in logic. Rulebook states peno and a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

That's only in premier league

Thanks was absolutely convinced it was one or the other and that it was only changed this year too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ref is just riding us as hard as he can. I know the tie is over before tonight but jesus like kick us when we're down why don't ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

So strange with Refs against English teams. Makes no sense why they would be favouring other teams but the evidence is ridiculous against English teams.

Surely LEwandowski was interfering there since the keeper stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Since when have those pricks behind the goal anything to say about anything?

Surely LEwandowski was interfering there since the keeper stopped.

Thought the exact same thing. How was he not interfering with play, he clearly went for the ball. Add it to the list of absolutely dire calls from the ref and his pals tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah jaysis just end it now

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

The few self loathing arsenal fans in here is a bit much lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Underground

Shocking goal to concede there. The heads have dropped. Could be a very long 20 minutes coming up.

We went full arsenal.

Ah this is a mess. It's a shame as we actually were doing well up until the ref and that pointless assistant behind the goal got involved. Feel sorry for the players out there tonight, wasn't for lack of effort anyway.

In all my years watching both Bayern Munich and France, albeit only occasionally, I have yet to see Ribery have a game where he excels. For a player who has played at the very top for so long, and with such a great reputation, I can't recall ever looking at him play and think he was world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Look the same things been happening for years, if we can't laugh at ourselves well then I don't know. I mean...We all knew this would happen. Was never in doubt.

Don't worry, we played well for 45 minutes and got bad decisions against us so it's a successful night.

Was gonna say I'd like Ospina to get a run, then he goes and does that. Not that the tie isn't well and truely dead, has been since the last leg but still piss poor kick out. Also can't stand that ex-Chelsea w*nker getting goals against us.

Utterly pathetic club. Congratulations Wenger you've made me turn on a club I have supported since 1990. Didn't think it would be possible but you and your team of w@nkers have done it. Fair fúcks! :mad:

Piss off and give us our club back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

In all my years watching both Bayern Munich and France, albeit only occasionally, I have yet to see Ribery have a game where he excels. For a player who has played at the very top for so long, and with such a great reputation, I can't recall ever looking at him play and think he was world class.
    Think it was the season they won the CL under Heynckes, he was genuinely the 3rd best player in the world. He's a sicknote though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Don't worry, we played well for 45 minutes and got bad decisions against us so it's a successful night.

Plus, it allows several people here to say "I told you so", which is really all a lot of them want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

At this stage it's obvious that Wenger is conning a living from his past glories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Has anyone ever seen a red card rescinded in favour of a yellow? So how the **** is it ok to change a decision here and not in the other way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

When the 2nd went in i turned it off in anger....But I turned it back on just now , Just because we're getting screwed by officials and we're not happy with the managment etc ...Its still our club.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Plus, it allows several people here to say "I told you so", which is really all a lot of them want.

I want one thing. Wenger to **** off. Right off. Aruba, where ever, I don't care.

Can hear a few fans singing "get out of our club, Kroenke get out of our club" something I could fully get behind.

When the 2nd went in i turned it off in anger....But I turned it back on just now , Just because we're getting screwed by officials and we're not happy with the managment etc ...Its still our club.

It's Wenger's club. **** him.

Lads the ref is shít but stop using him as a crutch.

• Advertisement

Not sure how tonight is an opportunity to have a go at Wenger? I can understand after the Liverpool match, or the first leg of this tie, but not sure what he's done tonight to set you off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement