Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

All is rosy again in the garden .

Crisis? What crisis? :rolleyes:

this video is gas. Just look at Wengers reaction to Ty and Troopz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Apologies, can somebody translates what just happened? Je na sais quo

emmetlego wrote: »
    Apologies, can somebody translates what just happened? Je na sais quo

Certainly

mansi.....sorry i meant TY who is a big Wengerite, rambled some incessant nonsense to Wenger and then Troopz asked, 'Why dont you play Rob Holding blud/fam, he's a great player?', to which good old Wenger replied 'I know, i bought him' :D
    There is still an aul dry wit about Wenger ill really miss when he goes

Its gas though the way troopz is calling for Wenger out but he turned into a big softie when he came face to face with him tonight. He was like a giggly school girl. I suppose we'd all be the same.

Edit: oh and another one of our eccentric fans (kelechi i think his name is) did a mad dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I cant deny ill miss arsene something terrible when he goes.

I cant deny ill miss arsene something terrible when he goes.

I always laugh at the end of that film 'Any given sunday' when the 'Dunphy-like' journalist who has hounded Al Pacino all season reacts to Al Pacino's defection to a rival team.

'Im going to miss that son of a bitch'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The sooner the empty old man is gone the better.

i want Wenger to go as much as the next man but i would be prefer that he goes gracefully with dignity. Unfortunately though this isnt looking like the case as he is stubbornly hanging on and while i do want him to go it still sounds wrong a group of protesters shouting 'We want Wenger out'. i totally agree with their frustrations and i think the same but it is sad to hear nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Certainly

mansi.....sorry i meant TY who is a big Wengerite, rambled some incessant nonsense to Wenger and then Troopz asked, 'Why dont you play Rob Holding blud/fam, he's a great player?', to which good old Wenger replied 'I know, i bought him' :D
    There is still an aul dry wit about Wenger ill really miss when he goes

Its gas though the way troopz is calling for Wenger out but he turned into a big softie when he came face to face with him tonight. He was like a giggly school girl. I suppose we'd all be the same.

Edit: oh and another one of our eccentric fans (kelechi i think his name is) did a mad dance
    Slight correction. This video is from Christmas time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

It's one thing wanting the man to leave but it's another completely to talk about him like this. I think his time is up and want change but if I ever met the man I would shake his hand and thank him for all he has done for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ill miss him but no one should ever feel sorry for him hes not working for free he is on 8million a year dont ever forget that.

Ill miss him but no one should ever feel sorry for him hes not working for free he is on 8million a year dont ever forget that.

yeah totally agree but i do hope its a satisfactory ending to his regime for all concerned. Ideally i would like him to announce his departure tomorrow morning and hopefully the shower of wretched little w@nkers we have, can muster enough professional pride to deliver the cup and a top four finish and see him off.

Wont hold my breath but we can all dream

wawaman wrote: »
    It's one thing wanting the man to leave but it's another completely to talk about him like this. I think his time is up and want change but if I ever met the man I would shake his hand and thank him for all he has done for the club

That's a very nice sentiment but I'd just as easily show him the door. He's passed it. Time for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

That's a very nice sentiment but I'd just as easily show him the door. He's passed it. Time for a change.

Lol,I couldnt agree more but just feel so deflated about this club I cannot muster up the anger to be nasty to Arsene,I know he loves us I know its his life but ah fcuk I not bothered anymore...its all gone pure same old same old bullsh1t...its a disgrace that AW gets to decide when he leaves seems he is the only 1 with Arsenal in his heart,the board certainly dont give a **** about us they are happy for Arsene to plod along making money taking all the **** for Stan fcuking Kroenke milking us for collateral for loand for his US teams to move to shiny new stadiums.
    Arsene is finished,no doubt about it,but he is saving us from the nightmare in the boardroon that has no affinity,pride or passion in our club only balance sheets...yes plenty of managers can do what AW does right now top 4 and an odd cup but thats not what we are looking for.
    FWIW if Usmanov took over and we had unlimited funds..Arsene still has to go.

• Advertisement

No one disagrees and the board ideally should have a quiet word with him but they dont give a **** so long as we continue to make tidy profit and pay that leech of a yank his millions in 'consultancy fees'. Wenger himself while deep down a decent man, has a humongous ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

which is exactly what i want, doesnt cost anything to have manners and respect though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

What will we do with out you.
    I remember the days before Arsene arrived, does anyone else .
    Remember when we had no stadium, we played in a muddy park, everyone standing around peering thru peoples legs trying to get a view.
    We didn’t even have goal posts, before Arsene, 4 fans would volunteer to stand in as posts holding a wooden beam up high. Thankfully 4 more would take care of the second half.
    Before Arsene we didn’t know what silverware was, we thought it was when Mrs Wallace the tea lady (good rest her little soul) would bring out the fancy teaset when we had one of the big clubs from one of the big cities like Birmingham come to visit.
    European nights, the only European nights at Arsenal before Arsene was when a few of the fans would watch the Eurovision on the only television in north London.
    As for European travel, before Arsene the team once had a trip to Europe, well actually it was just two of the old fellas went to Benidorm and had a kickabout on the beach with some locals, nearest to European football we ever got. We even lost that game 11-2, not being used to playing on sand and all. Thankfully all  that’s behind us now.   

Before Arsene our major signing cost us the proverbial set of jerseys and some gear bags. That was a major signing for us. Sure how could little old Arsenal compete with the big clubs from the big cities, what with the coal fumes and smog, tenements, fishnchips and rainy weather whats on offer in north London.  

Arsenal before Arsene we couldn’t afford a medical staff and injuries, well we couldn’t afford to have one. Players who came back from the great war with missing limbs were expected to tog out. On the plus side it saved us on bootwear, especially if one fella lost a left and another a right leg.

And no one made any money out of Arsenal, in the bad old days before Arsene we hadnt a bob, but now thankfully theres thousands of lucky little sods running around the Emirates all named Arsene after the benevolence of the great man providing food for their little bellys.

And if anyone asked who we supported, well a bit like Peter and the Lord, we’d have to deny it, sure how could you admit to following Arsenal what with the sad history of the club, again pre the arrival of our true saviour.

So roll on the FACUP, lets have another one, I don’t even think we were eligible to even play in it before Arsene arrived.

I remember the day when you said you weren't gonna bother with this thread until next season. I remember it well. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Basil3 wrote: »
    I remember the day when you said you weren't gonna bother with this thread until next season. I remember it well. :pac:

Those were the days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

FA cup draw tonight.

Whatever way it goes we're in for a really tough semi or final IF we get through of course. Extremely different prospect to our previous 2 triumphs. Let's face it we had dream SFs and finals (and still almost fcuked up!).

I'm not confident whatsoever but it's slightly intriguing I must admit, despite the obvious doom and gloom surrounding our club.

Any SF draw preferences? Utd or spurs for me.

omega man wrote: »
    FA cup draw tonight.

Whatever way it goes we're in for a really tough semi or final IF we get through of course. Extremely different prospect to our previous 2 triumphs. Let's face it we had dream SFs and finals (and still almost fcuked up!).

I'm not confident whatsoever but it's slightly intriguing I must admit, despite the obvious doom and gloom surrounding our club.

Spurs - proven to be crap at Wembley and looking like they'll be without Kane.

If we are to progress against anyone we need a major improvement in form though. Just not at the races at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yeah Spurs would be the best draw. This Arsenal team will need whoever it's up against to out-bottlejob them to make it through and Spurs would be the most likely contender.

Wembley's not been good to them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

omega man wrote: »
    FA cup draw tonight.

It doesn't matter who we draw, this team hasn't got what it takes to beat a good side. Pathetic spineless Nancy's, can't get it up for the big game, just like the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Don't give a sh*te who is it.

Really just want Chelsea to beat Mourinho.

Remember when we had no stadium, we played in a muddy park, everyone standing around peering thru peoples legs trying to get a view.
    We didn’t even have goal posts, before Arsene, 4 fans would volunteer to stand in as posts holding a wooden beam up high. Thankfully 4 more would take care of the second half.
    Before Arsene we didn’t know what silverware was, we thought it was when Mrs Wallace the tea lady (good rest her little soul) would bring out the fancy teaset when we had one of the big clubs from one of the big cities like Birmingham come to visit.
    European nights, the only European nights at Arsenal before Arsene was when a few of the fans would watch the Eurovision on the only television in north London.
    As for European travel, before Arsene the team once had a trip to Europe, well actually it was just two of the old fellas went to Benidorm and had a kickabout on the beach with some locals, nearest to European football we ever got. We even lost that game 11-2, not being used to playing on sand and all. Thankfully all  that’s behind us now.   

Before Arsene our major signing cost us the proverbial set of jerseys and some gear bags. That was a major signing for us. Sure how could little old Arsenal compete with the big clubs from the big cities, what with the coal fumes and smog, tenements, fishnchips and rainy weather whats on offer in north London.  

Arsenal before Arsene we couldn’t afford a medical staff and injuries, well we couldn’t afford to have one. Players who came back from the great war with missing limbs were expected to tog out. On the plus side it saved us on bootwear, especially if one fella lost a left and another a right leg.

And no one made any money out of Arsenal, in the bad old days before Arsene we hadnt a bob, but now thankfully theres thousands of lucky little sods running around the Emirates all named Arsene after the benevolence of the great man providing food for their little bellys.

And if anyone asked who we supported, well a bit like Peter and the Lord, we’d have to deny it, sure how could you admit to following Arsenal what with the sad history of the club, again pre the arrival of our true saviour.

So roll on the FACUP, lets have another one, I don’t even think we were eligible to even play in it before Arsene arrived.

Have to admit ive got a great chuckle out of this. Kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

What the fcuk is wrong with some people on this forum???
    I’m old enough to remember some awful sh1t football that we played and ended up in mid table mediocrity.
    Getting to three cup finals in a row in the late 70’s and losing two of them and almost throwing away the other one.
    Trying to pick up BBC radio 5 for a midweek game on the oul bucks car radio and getting a shoe up the hole the next morning when the car wouldn’t start because the battery was dead
    Waiting up to see Sportsnight on a Wednesday night to see my heroes in action and then to find out that either they had got thumped or that the highlights from this match weren’t on.
    Missing out on watching Match Of The Day on a Saturday night as the Late Late or some other sh1te was on and then trying to see The Big Match on Sunday afternoon while all my siblings would take priority over the TV, no remote back in those days.
    Winning a couple of League Cups (87,93) and the FA cup in 93.
    Getting beaten by Valencia in the 1980 cup winners cup final listening to the commentary through the telephone if anyone knows what I mean J
    18 years, 18 bloody years as said in Fever Pitch that was how long it had been since we last won the league.
    And then I think of what Arsene has done for our club in the last 20 years. How the FUKC anyone has the temerity to come on this forum and criticise our manager for all he has done is beyond me.
    Of course, when we lose I am as disappointed as anyone else, getting hammered in Europe is no fun either, but try and get a grip of ourselves here.
    What is going to happen when we get our next manager? Will they be able to keep us in the privileged position that Arsene has kept us in for so long? I seriously doubt it.
    What I would ideally love to see is him sign a new contract for two years and go and spend whatever it takes to get the players he wants and go and win the league. But our manager has principles and character and will not be bought or try and buy the league like other managers before him.

Who will be the next manager? Will we sell our soul to get our next manager? I firmly believe that Man U have sold the soul of their club with their recent managerial appointment.

northknife wrote: »
    I’m old enough to remember some awful sh1t football that we played and ended up in mid table mediocrity.
    Getting to three cup finals in a row in the late 70’s and losing two of them and almost throwing away the other one.
    Trying to pick up BBC radio 5 for a midweek game on the oul bucks car radio and getting a shoe up the hole the next morning when the car wouldn’t start because the battery was dead
    Waiting up to see Sportsnight on a Wednesday night to see my heroes in action and then to find out that either they had got thumped or that the highlights from this match weren’t on.
    Missing out on watching Match Of The Day on a Saturday night as the Late Late or some other sh1te was on and then trying to see The Big Match on Sunday afternoon while all my siblings would take priority over the TV, no remote back in those days.
    Getting beaten by Valencia in the 1980 cup winners cup final listening to the commentary through the telephone if anyone knows what I mean J
    18 years, 18 bloody years as said in Fever Pitch that was how long it had been since we last won the league.
    And then I think of what Arsene has done for our club in the last 20 years. How the FUKC anyone has the temerity to come on this forum and criticise our manager for all he has done is beyond me.
    Of course, when we lose I am as disappointed as anyone else, getting hammered in Europe is no fun either, but try and get a grip of ourselves here.
    What is going to happen when we get our next manager? Will they be able to keep us in the privileged position that Arsene has kept us in for so long? I seriously doubt it.
    What I would ideally love to see is him sign a new contract for two years and go and spend whatever it takes to get the players he wants and go and win the league. But our manager has principles and character and will not be bought or try and buy the league like other managers before him.

Who will be the next manager? Will we sell our soul to get our next manager? I firmly believe that Man U have sold the soul of their club with their recent managerial appointment.

Best post here in f***in ages.

I suppose there is no point even counter arguing this nonsensical post but ill have a go so.

Do you think all of the hammerings we have taken and the piss poor efforts, the title collapses have been acceptable so? You can blame the players, ok, but who bought all the players? Who coaches the players? Whose job is to motivate the players? Yep, one Arsene Wenger.

Again these arguments about us not winning the league between 71 and 89, and the lost cup finals are pathetic. Do you think a team with the likes of Pat Rice, or Liam Brady? or the team with the likes of Geordie Armstrong, Charlie George, etc ever downed tools like our current crop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont understand why some people are so afraid of change. He cant live forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Ah lads its been done to death at this stage jesus.

Interesting stat :

Non-penalties goals scored :
    Sanchez 19
    Walcott 17

wonga77 wrote: »
    I dont understand why some people are so afraid of change. He cant live forever.

Not afraid of change, but am afraid of Eddie Howe

I dont think Howe will be appointed but he might not be the disaster everyone expects. The board took a chance on Wenger many moons ago, it wouldnt be a huge surprise if they tried something similar again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Hope not posted already. Thought it was cool.

Danny Cowley revels in Lincoln’s brush with big time and praises Arsène Wenger

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/12/danny-cowley-lincoln-city-arsene-wenger-arsenal-fa-cup

Don-t agree with everything you say but enjoy your passion. This place has become a little boring recently.

I imagine it was Radio 2 that wore out your old folks' battery. Radio 5 didn't appear until the 90s I believe.

I now have the Sportsnight music going through my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Joinker has started well at Wolfsburg, 4 points from 6.
    Given the board apparently appointed him by themselves, no Wenger input, I wonder would they look at him if Wenger doesn't stay on

Per should clatter that dope with his World Cup winner's medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Per should clatter that dope with his World Cup winner's medal.

I thought it was funny myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

I suppose there is no point even counter arguing this nonsensical post but ill have a go so.

Do you think all of the hammerings we have taken and the piss poor efforts, the title collapses have been acceptable so? You can blame the players, ok, but who bought all the players? Who coaches the players? Whose job is to motivate the players? Yep, one Arsene Wenger.

Again these arguments about us not winning the league between 71 and 89, and the lost cup finals are pathetic. Do you think a team with the likes of Pat Rice, or Liam Brady? or the team with the likes of Geordie Armstrong, Charlie George, etc ever downed tools like our current crop?
    greendom wrote: »
    Don-t agree with everything you say but enjoy your passion. This place has become a little boring recently.

I imagine it was Radio 2 that wore out your old folks' battery. Radio 5 didn't appear until the 90s I believe.

I now have the Sportsnight music going through my head.

I just hate the way that people are calling for Wengers head after what he has done for the club. I get so pissed off and embarrassed at times as well but I also remember an awful lot of sh1t times as well when every other cnut was asking me if i'd like a chunk of yorkie and been ridiculed at many other times for following The Arsenal.

Still, I think the final straw for me would be if we hired an eye-gouging, voyeuristic pr1ck who might win us a few trophies but was the absolute antithesis of what our great club stands for. cool.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaXi39LjzRM

For all those who remember Sportsnight biggrin.png

Looks like Chelsea are going into the hat for the draw tonight. United have been rubbish

Even if Diego Costa scores 100 goals a season i wouldn't want him at Arsenal. The likes of that despicable cúnt should be put out of football. A nasty scumrat

By contrast, little Kante is just brilliant. He's like Makelele and Essien rolled into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

City it is.

Man city in the semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I just hate the way that people are calling for Wengers head after what he has done for the club. I get so pissed off and embarrassed at times as well but I also remember an awful lot of sh1t times as well when every other cnut was asking me if i'd like a chunk of yorkie and been ridiculed at many other times for following The Arsenal.

Still, I think the final straw for me would be if we hired an eye-gouging, voyeuristic pr1ck who might win us a few trophies but was the absolute antithesis of what our great club stands for. cool.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaXi39LjzRM

For all those who remember Sportsnight biggrin.png

You've made one good point in two very long rubbish ranty posts. I too would hate to see Mourinho at our club... But Wenger needs to go and needs to go very very soon before he drags us down any further. Appreciate what he's done...But it's time to blah blah blah.

Why do I even bother. Come here will u join the thread there 6 months ago. I'm tired of this.

2nd choice after Spurs. Glad we avoided Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Even if Diego Costa scores 100 goals a season i wouldn't want him at Arsenal. The likes of that despicable cúnt should be put out of football. A nasty scumrat

Speak your mind buddy, and get off that fence!

City will be tough but its gonna be Chelsea Vs Arsenal in the final.

City will be tough but its gonna be Chelsea Vs Arsenal in the final.

Spurs did manage to beat them quite easily earlier on in the season. I suppose a lot will be dependent on whether Kane is still injured.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement