Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So this is as far as we go lads. Season over.

Irrelevant who we get in that draw. Were useless. We'll implode again like we normally do

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

You've made one good point in two very long rubbish ranty posts. I too would hate to see Mourinho at our club... But Wenger needs to go and needs to go very very soon before he drags us down any further. Appreciate what he's done...But it's time to blah blah blah.

Why do I even bother. Come here will u join the thread there 6 months ago. I'm tired of this.

You seem like one genuine Arsenal fan don't you. Thank fook our club has some real genuine supporters who will get behind our team.
    Arsenal to beat the spuds 3-1 in the first North London FA cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I just hope against hope that team begins to play close to its potential. Such a disappointing season but without that hope not much point watching.

northknife wrote: »
    You seem like one genuine Arsenal fan don't you. Thank fook our club has some real genuine supporters who will get behind our team.

It's called being realistic. If you want people to show more for their club then demand more from the millionaires inside it instead of the ordinary supporters outside it who have been broken up from enduring the annual calamity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

I see some reports today about a potential director of football. Sounds like a bs PR stunt. Can't for the life of me see how a dof would address the on pitch issues. Would only be another Wenger yes man too. No thanks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/13/arsenal-step-sporting-director-hunt-ease-burden-arsene-wenger/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

My biggest reason to want rid of Wenger is his reluctance to set the team up right and lack of motivation for the players. No DOF is going to fix that.

Wenger out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Arsenal looking for a sporting director it seems.

Interesting enough

northknife wrote: »

This is always the first arguement of someone who has no arguement...To call them out as a non-fan. I'm being realistic. This team has shown nothing to suggest we have the beating of top 6 sides... Nothing. I hope I'm proved wrong.

callaway92 wrote: »

Interesting enough

He gave years preaching the gospel about how he would never work under a director of football. What has suddenly changed? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Interesting enough

To placate the fans when the board announce 2 more years for Wenger?

I really hope they don't. Unfair on the club, the players, the fans and Wenger himself allowing him to sink further and further from the great manager he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

:rolleyes:

Suppose you won't watch the rest of the matches so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

hi all .
    would u lot be happy if wenger says he will sign a new 2 year deal but it will be his last deal?

That would give the board time to find a proper replacement and gvie us some closures on wenger in wenger out arguments and we can all just get behind the team for the next 2 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

greendom wrote: »
    To placate the fans when the board announce 2 more years for Wenger?

I really hope they don't. Unfair on the club, the players, the fans and Wenger himself allowing him to sink further and further from the great manager he was.

Reality here is that if Wenger goes, its the board that will appoint a new manager. Much as we've been touted with signing world class players & ended up with the likes of Perez, Mustafi, Xhaka etc, we're being touted with Max Alegri and could well end up with the likes of Eddie Howe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

hi all .
    would u lot be happy if wenger says he will sign a new 2 year deal but it will be his last deal?

That would give the board time to find a proper replacement and gvie us some closures on wenger in wenger out arguments and we can all just get behind the team for the next 2 years?

1 year max and I still wouldn't be happy. 2 years is far more than is needed to get a new replacement. I personally think a replacement could be found in the Summer if the board started looking now, Klopp and Conte were got in that sort of time frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

domrush wrote: »
    1 year max and I still wouldn't be happy. 2 years is far more than is needed to get a new replacement. I personally think a replacement could be found in the Summer if the board started looking now, Klopp and Conte were got in that sort of time frame.
    They can't start looking now because Wenger the egomaniac is stringing them along.

Quazzie wrote: »
    They can't start looking now because Wenger the egomaniac is stringing them along.

Word is a decision will be made in two weeks. Hoping against all the odds it's the right one.

Hmmm. Juventus share price taking a hit today and I can see a lot of people selling their holdings (shares) in the club here in work.

Maybe inside they know Allegri is on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Hmmm. Juventus share price taking a hit today and I can see a lot of people selling their holdings (shares) in the club here in work.

Maybe inside they know Allegri is on the way out.

Im curious, in what area do you work? I hope your right

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Im curious, in what area do you work? I hope your right

Finance - It's just a curiosity more than anything else really that it could be the case. It could be any reason really why share price is going down to be honest. It's always interesting though seeing shrewd investors sell their holdings in companys I know. There must be something going on anyway if they're down a couple of percent already today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

hi all .

Nope I'd have him gone now if I could, to be honest I wanted him gone for years. We're a big club, we can get a top manager seen as we paid Wenger's failure's for years with a 8 million a year contract. Pay that money to a ambitious manager wanting to win everything.

I just can't go through more years of been looked down as failures and watching us fall behind the likes of Chelsea, just breaks the heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Can't help think the sporting director role could be for arsene to move upstairs while a manager comes in to run the team.

Would be difficult for someone to come in and fill his shoes whether he stays or not.

Have mixed feelings about the prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Reports that Boro Primorac is leaving in the summer to take a job in Turkey. Could be interpreted 2 ways if true.

wawaman wrote: »
    Reports that Boro Primorac is leaving in the summer to take a job in Turkey. Could be interpreted 2 ways if true.

He's been around Wenger forever. Not sure what he actually contributes mind you. Funny, never heard much about him or from him over the years either.

Leicester beating Sevilla 2-0 I see. Even as bad as their season has gone they showed up and took the game to Sevilla. Our bunch of weak cowardly sh1thead players couldnt even be bothered to make an effort.

• Advertisement

Can't help think the sporting director role could be for arsene to move upstairs while a manager comes in to run the team.

Would be difficult for someone to come in and fill his shoes whether he stays or not.

Have mixed feelings about the prospect.

This would be a ludicrous situation but it wouldnt surprise me if this did happen. It would be ironic if the man who refused to work under a director would suddenly be a director for a new manager

Leicester beating Sevilla 2-0 I see. Even as bad as their season has gone they showed up and took the game to Sevilla. Our bunch of weak cowardly sh1thead players couldnt even be bothered to make an effort.

Yup. First thing I thought when I saw Leicester were beating Sevilla was to come on here and have a go at Arsenal. Gutted you beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ha Nasri gets himself sent off. Twat

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yup. First thing I thought when I saw Leicester were beating Sevilla was to come on here and have a go at Arsenal. Gutted you beat me to it.

Ah yeah on reflection your right, they dont deserve their criticism.

They've been so brilliant these past 10 years.....they owe us nothing :rolleyes:

Ah yeah on reflection your right, they dont deserve their criticism.

They've been so brilliant these past 10 years.....they owe us nothing :rolleyes:

We all know what's wrong with Arsenal so why the need to use things that have no connection to Arsenal to criticise them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Leicester beating Sevilla 2-0 I see. Even as bad as their season has gone they showed up and took the game to Sevilla.

Leicester fans should have should have been careful for what they wished for.

We all know what's wrong with Arsenal so why the need to use things that have no connection to Arsenal to criticise them

No connection true, but I appreciate the fact the Leicester board recognised that the man who lead them to an unprecedented league Premier League Championship last year was the same man who had lost his way this season with them verging on relegation and made the appropriate change.

Whats happened since is very impressive. The difference being that the Leicester players knew changes had to be make and went over the managers head and made the board aware of how drastically things had gone bad. That took courage.

And that's what Arsene's Arsenal lack. Courage.

Couldn't make it up, Leicester win the league then sack their manager the following season and still reach a CL QF. Sorry but I can't help but feel this makes us even more of a cluster fcuk of a club.

No connection?

They are in the same league and in the same european competition. They went down fighting but Arsenal took the chicken route. Fúck the fans

So i assume you are using the same criteria to criticise Liverpool and Utd?

No connection true, but I appreciate the fact the Leicester board recognised that the man who lead them to an unprecedented league Premier League Championship last year was the same man who had lost his way this season with them verging on relegation and made the appropriate change.

Whats happened since is very impressive. The difference being that the Leicester players knew changes had to be make and went over the managers head and made the board aware of how drastically things had gone bad. That took courage.

And that's what Arsene's Arsenal lack. Courage.

Tbh I think the Leicester players have behaved disgracefully and their sudden surge puts them in a further bad light.

It's unfortunate that Raneiri fell on the sword for it but that's the nature of the beast except for one certain club where it's always groundhog day

omega man wrote: »
    Couldn't make it up, Leicester win the league then sack their manager the following season and still reach a CL QF. Sorry but I can't help but feel this makes us even more of a cluster fcuk of a club.

Looks like Leicester's owners want to win things...Ours want a nice big fat bank balance. Not entirely true...But that's how I feel about Arsenal at the moment. Profits before trophy's.

Looks like Leicester's owners want to win things...Ours want a nice big fat bank balance. Not entirely true...But that's how I feel about Arsenal at the moment. Profits before trophy's.

You're right, it's not entirely true. It's 100% untrue. Leicester's owners didn't want to get relegated from the Premier League, and that's 100% about their big fat bank balance.

You're right, it's not entirely true. It's 100% untrue. Leicester's owners didn't want to get relegated from the Premier League, and that's 100% about their big fat bank balance.

That's why I said it with tongue in cheek...

Maybe we should try and get relegated.

That's also tongue in cheek.

Let me know if you're keeping up.

That's why I said it with tongue in cheek...

Maybe we should try and get relegated.

That's also tongue in cheek.

Let me know if you're keeping up.

Nope, you've completely lost me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nope, you've completely lost me.

Everything to do with Arsenal is completely sh*t, and anything good anyone else does just proves that.

Clear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I don't think things have been right since David Dein left

Tbh I think the Leicester players have behaved disgracefully and their sudden surge puts them in a further bad light.

It's unfortunate that Raneiri fell on the sword for it but that's the nature of the beast except for one certain club where it's always groundhog day

You are spot in regards to the sudden surge but we all know they lost faith in the manager, as for the reasons why I don't know but lets assume there were times when the players and management got together and tried to solve whatever issues there were.

I'm only assuming this, but the reason the players gave up on him was because he wasn't willing to resolve whatever the issue was so they went to the Board. Got the issue sorted and now they are improving.

As we talk about them they are just 3 points ahead of 18th. Far from safe. I'd rather be 5th tbh :pac:

Leicester only English team in CL last 8, crazy. Is the Premier league way overrated?

FA cup last chance for City. Sounds familiar......

Could do worse than Leonardo Jardim lads... 8 goals over two legs against City, most goals scored in Europes top leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Seems like there are at least three guys on the Man City forum calling for the head of Guardiola after tonights shambolic display...

I think they are the Gemini Man, tipp_Cityfan and the Honey Monster.

tongue.pngcool.png

From Twitter: "Wenger is allegedly seen as an outdated coach. Guardiola the revolutionary is using Wenger's **** fullbacks from 10 years ago" :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wenger nowhere to be seen http://www.skysports.com/share/10802818

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

L'prof wrote: »
    Wenger nowhere to be seen http://www.skysports.com/share/10802818

Wenger's first 100:

W42 D29 L29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

#pepout

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement