Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

emmetlego wrote: »
    It's nearly comical. You'd laugh if it wasn't such a serious situation. I know he gets rightful abuse here at times, but I think Xhaka's passing display today has been quite good.

Best Arsenal player on the pitch, he's been fantastic. Walcott, Welbeck and Ox have been dirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Bring on... Giroud? Not much on the bench really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Rushed back from sons footie to see this sh1t. More fool me. Ive better things to do on a Saturday afternoon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I've said it multiple times here before but this board and this manager have made me fall out of love with football in general.

Something massive has to change at this club.

Completely agree but tbh I don't see a change anytime soon this is a new age of football too much sport has been removed and it is no longer the purpose of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I like Giroud coming off the bench, at last Wenger did the sub early enough with almost half an hour to go.

"Is that a foul from Robson-Kanu? Not really, he's trying to play the ball, doesn't see the man coming"

Like seriously....I know we're rubbish but this kind of stuff is ridiculous. If you're trying to play the ball, it's no longer a foul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Might even avoid the dreaded europa league yet the way we're playing... Everton & United must be favourites to overhaul us looking at this bunch of charlatans masquerading as a football team... a drop to 7th might just make the board sit up & take notice.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Unlucky Welbeck

Ref is poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Surely they have to realise a change is needed.

Basil3 wrote: »
    "Is that a foul from Robson-Kanu? Not really, he's trying to play the ball, doesn't see the man coming"

Like seriously....I know we're rubbish but this kind of stuff is ridiculous. If you're trying to play the ball, it's no longer a foul?

Commentators will always want the smaller team to win, it's a better story and better for the broadcaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

**** the lot of them.

Lost for words...

Just **** off

That's actually hilarious. Ospina almost falls over from trying to push Xhaka out of the way.

We may not be behind Arsene but atleast his players are they are giving everything for the cause.....

• Advertisement

3 unmarked WBA players could have nodded that in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Losses like this don't bother me anymore and that's the problem, club is in bits and has sucked all the passion out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Sick of these useless cu*ts now

And whats worse is that we're playing for fourth ****ing place.

Think about that, that's our ****ing goal being the fifth richest club in the world.

WE ARE PLAYING FOR FOURTH PLACE IN ENGLAND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So thats what now, 6 defeats in the last 8 games? With the only wins against non league opposition in the FA cup? Maybe 7th is being ambitious at this stage.

I wish I could say I was gutted by this but I'm not, its been coming for a long time and the sooner we get through this the better.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Normally I'd be raging but just numb, fed up and used to this absolute ****e now at this stage. Also we all know a new contract is gonna be signed. 3 awful goals let in so far today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Disaster, you'd expect Utd to beat Boro and pull ahead of us and an Everton win at home to Hull and they are level with us too.

Season over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Used to comment here semi regularly, but haven't checked this thread out in nearly 2 seasons. This team has sucked all interest and passion in football out of me. Gutless, heartless, clueless and it won't change until we bring in new ideas from the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Players aren't playing for Wenger

Careful what you wish for lads, a new manager mightn't be as brilliant as Wenger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Out shopping with the wife and walked passed a pub and had a quick look at the match.

Oh god lad.

I just hope tayto is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Careful what you wish for lads, a new manager mightn't be as brilliant as Wenger...

He might be more cut throat though and not put up with the same pathetic performances from the same useless ****s week in week out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Men against boys. Pathetic. Any manager would do better than Wenger at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I've accepted that a new manager might mean it gets worse before it gets better. But at least it will be something different to this tippy tappy, gutless, heartless bull**** we've been fed the past couple of seasons.

• Advertisement

This is so poor. We're not even making chances

Its probably just as well for the mods that a certain poster isnt about anymore...
    Thread would be locked down again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Saturdays are boring when you no longer give a fúck about football. I might have to actually get a hobby now

wonga77 wrote: »
    Its probably just as well for the mods that a certain poster isnt about anymore...
    Thread would be locked down again

You don't go to the emirates 15 times a season, you're opinion is invalid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think this is really it for Wenger, team clearly not playing for him.

Yeah because all is great with the current manager is it?

You don't go to the emirates 15 times a season, you're opinion is invalid.

But I have a real jersey???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

lertsnim wrote: »

Whoosh.

Think this is really it for Wenger, team clearly not playing for him.

Any other club would have sacked him by now...don't be so sure.

• Advertisement

I've accepted that a new manager might mean it gets worse before it gets better. But at least it will be something different to this tippy tappy, gutless, heartless bull**** we've been fed the past couple of seasons.

Thats it I want something different. Really couldn't give two fcuks if we are not playing CL next year.

I hate seeing Wengers face in the dugout

412192.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Any other club would have sacked him by now...don't be so sure.

Continue like this and there will be no choice but to sack Wenger.

412192.jpg

Oh that was a joke? At least you got to use a hilarious simpsons image.

Mr.Micro wrote: »

We'll never see him sacked. He's earned the right to stay until the end of the season.

I don't agree with it but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

what happened to that poster in question lads? the 15 games a season guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd be more angry with the players than the manager after that display if I was an Arsenal fan. No heart, no effort and no desire, they honestly look like they couldn't be bothered.

Oh that was a joke? At least you got to use a hilarious simpsons image though.

Lurk more. Everyone here knows where everyone else stands on the Wenger issue. Don't blame me if you're not prepared to read a few pages before posting something that makes you look silly.

Mr.Micro wrote: »

This is all Arsenes decision, the offer from the club is on the table. He runs the club he has no boss.

He needs to go and any other club he'd have gone two seasons ago but i genuinely don't think he will leave he'll want to 'fight' on

He needs to go along with about 6 /7 players he has allowed play based on past glory and misplaced future potential

Time for Change has come and gone before, he'll be in the seat next year

what happened to that poster in question lads? the 15 games a season guy?

Think he was politely asked to leave as he refused to discuss things.

I'd be more angry with the players than the manager after that display if I was an Arsenal fan. No heart, no effort and no desire, they honestly look like they couldn't be bothered.

But that comes down to the manager, he can't get them playing, players play there part but this his team and he can't motivate them and they don't believe in him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement