Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

Basil3 wrote: »
    If you're smart enough to figure it, then there's no doubt i am ;)

Ah man thats so hurtful....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Both teams have been pretty ****e today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Sane doing wreck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sanchez must be off to city. He's doing his best for them today.

My God. Going on about Walcott sulking. That's not remotely like what Sanchez regularly does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Wakcott is a muppet Walcott Out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Better but ultimately a useless enough result.

That was very risky from monreal right at the end. Draw not much use but good to stop the rot nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Passion and fight shown anyway. Looks like they are playing for the manager ☺️

wonga77 wrote: »
    That was very risky from monreal right at the end. Draw not much use but good to stop the rot nonetheless

I just want this season to end (we are saying this earlier every year) but tbh if this mess continues next year i dont know where i'm going to even muster enough motivation to watch this car crash continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fairly sh*te game.

Super Sunday my arse

Passion and fight shown anyway. Looks like they are playing for the manager ☺️

Still defending woefully. Nothing changes.

The rot is from the boardroom down to those cowards on the pitch. This should be a great chapter for Arsenal and thats the most frustrating thing. Fans had to suffer austerity long enough.

Fairly sh*te game.

Yep and riddled with mistakes from both sides, poor passing and ball retention. City have a fair few problems of their own too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Thought the team hassled City well for the last half hour and stopped them from creating. Only problem was we created very little also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We stopped the losses at least, only just. CL gone next season, bar a meltdown with our competitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Our team is not at the races at all.
    There is something rotten in the state of Denmark Arsenal.

I have said that we will win nothing under this stale old man. I'm not changing my mind.
    He was waiting and praying for a win today so that he could make the big announcement that he's staying. He should be chased out of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's all kicking off, crazy behaviour. It's not like you have Roy Hodgson in charge!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/02/fights-break-among-arsenal-fans-man-city-match-wenger-movement/

Of course it could be over a pie or something.

It's all kicking off, crazy behaviour. It's not like you have Roy Hodgson in charge!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/02/fights-break-among-arsenal-fans-man-city-match-wenger-movement/

Of course it could be over a pie or something.

I don't agree with the fighting and its very sad its come to this but when you have a deluded manager, a couple of players that don't give a sh1te and an equally out of touch board of directors then you can understand how frustration would grow when they have to witness many many abject performances over the last decade.

The pro-Wenger supporters offer no solid argument as to why he should stay except for the desperate clutch at straws that is what he achieved well over a decade ago.

We're one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, this should be a golden era for us if we played our cards right. The truth is we are a badly coached side and the team have given up on the manager.

• Advertisement

I have said that we will win nothing under this stale old man. I'm not changing my mind.
    He was waiting and praying for a win today so that he could make the big announcement that he's staying. He should be chased out of the club.

Good to hear from you again!

The fighting in the stadium has been going on for a while I thought or is it just now becoming physical?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Blud on the streets

Wenger's time is up but this talk of 5th richest club in the World is nonsense. In terms of access to funds we are 4th in the Premier League behind City, United and Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

greendom wrote: »
    Wenger's time is up but this talk of 5th richest club in the World is nonsense. In terms of access to funds we are 4th in the Premier League behind City, United and Chelsea.

Agree....
    If Usmanov was in charge though?
    This business model the board and Wenger are so proud of is clearly not good enough to compete at the top level.
    The club as a whole needs a new plan cos this one's not working.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Agree....
    If Usmanov was in charge though?
    This business model the board and Wenger are so proud of is clearly not good enough to compete at the top level.
    The club as a whole needs a new plan cos this one's not working.

Our tactics are sh1te and our manager is answerable to no one.
    If money is a real roadblock in football then no one has told Simeone at Atletico.

There is no ambition at the club and a glass ceiling which the manager and board have set.

• Advertisement

Our tactics are sh1te and our manager is answerable to no one.
    If money is a real roadblock in football then no one has told Simeone at Atletico.

There is no ambition at the club and a glass ceiling which the manager and board have set.

Then get him over!!!
    Get a manager who can make this work cos Stan Kroenke doesnt care about winning,only making money and Arsene has lost the edge he once had....he cant save us from the the board any more.

All Kroenke's sports enterprises are mediocre and we quickly turned mediocre under his ownership.
    The whole fcuking lot needs changing,the club is going backwards fast!

Good grief the defence for that first City goal. Xhaka was miles up the pitch and Mustafi suddenly fancied himself an attacking midfielder. Bellerin wasnt so fast running the other direction and Ospina in no mans land. A cluster of errors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Xhaka and Coq were lucky not to get a red between them as well.

The real downfall of this club was when David Dein was forced off the board and then the subsequent illness and death of Danny Fiszman. Both men were fans, they wanted the club to dine at the very top of European football and they had vision.

Usmanovs partner in Red and White holdings, Moshiri eventually got fed up and bought Everton. I read there the other day that Usmanov is sponsoring Evertons training ground. Wouldnt surprise me if he pulled out either. Would be bloody awful if that other horrible leech Kroenke bought more of the club. We've let a wolf into the hen house

Great to see the fight from the players today.

Hope the players keep it up for the next few weeks.

Let's face it it won't be easy, even lads on the forum struggling to do nothing.

• Advertisement

Let's face it it won't be easy, even lads on the forum struggling to do nothing.

Ye lost me there.

Agree with the rest...showed a bit of fight...against a poor city performance,

Two poor teams slogged it out today.

They really did fight hard and fair play to them for not conceding despite losing our best defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Same old bollox watching that game today, sooner we know if Wenger is here noext seaon (definitely will, with a pay rise to boot) or not the better. Is killing the fan base. Good to see Tayto is back, a like minded poster as myself :)

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Ye lost me there.

Agree with the rest...showed a bit of fight...against a poor city performance,

Two poor teams slogged it out today.

Ah just we are struggling to even watch it I mean, by the sounds of it here anyway.

Ah just we are struggling to even watch it I mean, by the sounds of it here anyway.

My friend,I concur.

He was waiting and praying for a win today so that he could make the big announcement that he's staying.

Yeah that's what i was thinking yesterday too.

At this stage I just want to know one way or another. Along with some players contract news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its farcical really. No reason to drag it out like this. Entire club is like a bad soap opera.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Its farcical really. No reason to drag it out like this. Entire club is like a bad soap opera.

He's waiting for a win.
    We know what his future is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Oh we all know he's staying. I just dont see the merit in not announcing it.

He's waiting for a win.
    We know what his future is.

He is likely to extend and you could argue he is waiting for a win or even 2 or 3 consecutive victories but I think there is more to it than that.

I think the whole structure of the club will change, with a Director of football and new coaching staff appointed, giving Wenger less power for his last couple of years in charge and making the handover, when he does leave, less of an issue.

They probably want to announce the new structure when Arsene announces the extension and those pieces are not 100% in place yet.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    He is likely to extend and you could argue he is waiting for a win or even 2 or 3 consecutive victories but I think there is more to it than that.

I think the whole structure of the club will change, with a Director of football and new coaching staff appointed, giving Wenger less power for his last couple of years in charge and making the handover, when he does leave, less of an issue.

They probably want to announce the new structure when Arsene announces the extension and those pieces are not 100% in place yet.
    Maybe that is true BUT it will take a lot of positive changes to please the fans especially if he is staying. He is detested by many now. He has ruined his legacy and is behaving like the little boy who owns the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If Wenger is still manager then I don't care what structure is in place, we still won't be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Quazzie wrote: »
    If Wenger is still manager then I don't care what structure is in place, we still won't be successful.

Agree. Mediocrity. City had a good few chances to win the game yesterday. We were lucky to get the draw. We just have to fasten our seat belts and wait for our descent, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

People fighting eachother after the game. Pretty much mirrors this thread but in real life.

But tbh it has calmed down a lot here recently.

People fighting eachother after the game. Pretty much mirrors this thread but in real life.

But tbh it has calmed down a lot here recently.

I think we are just all beaten up and defeated at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I think we are just all beaten up and defeated at this stage.

Couldn't agree more.

Whats going on at Arsenal has just made me fall out of love with the game. I still enjoy playing for a club and still even enjoy 5-a-side but watching Arsenal is a real chore right now. Wenger is a big factor in that with the way he's holding our club to ransom.

Other factors are the fact its getting more and more expensive just to watch the games on TV, oil rich nothing clubs just being successful overnight while our business (Arsenal) sits on its bank balance and tells the fans we're being unreasonable and impatient. You have to feel sorry for the fans that follow the club up and down the country spending thousands every year to watch that crap. The manager looks utterly beaten, our players bar one or two are simply pathetic, there's no direction and the whole thing is just stale... I honestly don't care any more.

Couldn't agree more.

Whats going on at Arsenal has just made me fall out of love with the game. I still enjoy playing for a club and still even enjoy 5-a-side but watching Arsenal is a real chore right now. Wenger is a big factor in that with the way he's holding our club to ransom.

Other factors are the fact its getting more and more expensive just to watch the games on TV, oil rich nothing clubs just being successful overnight while our business (Arsenal) sits on its bank balance and tells the fans we're being unreasonable and impatient. You have to feel sorry for the fans that follow the club up and down the country spending thousands every year to watch that crap. The manager looks utterly beaten, our players bar one or two are simply pathetic, there's no direction and the whole thing is just stale... I honestly don't care any more.
    We are just Kronke's cash cow now. He just uses the club to generate wealth for himself. He has no interest in football. He is a businessman.
    Wenger is his yes man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

So psg and Chelsea in talk with Alexis representatives,
    "Arsenal unwilling to sell to rivals".

Don't think everton westbrom and Stoke have the money for him :)

Do Chelsea see us as rivals? They're top, we're 6th. Last time we won the league Villa were 6th and I never thought of them as rivals. Funny enough Newcastle were 5th that season.

• Advertisement

Do Chelsea see us as rivals? They're top, we're 6th. Last time we won the league Villa were 6th and I never thought of them as rivals. Funny enough Newcastle were 5th that season.

Who knows. Did they see us as rivals last season?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement