Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Whats the refs name everytime I see him hes totally ****ing ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What a bunch of gutless cowards out there ....and the biggest one sitting on the bench playing with his zipper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Oh dear god. Time to abdicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

arsenal fan tv will be interesting later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Was a dive though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

shocking decision zero contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Why the surprise and outrage?

It's become the norm now lads

omega man wrote: »
    In fairness atmosphere sounds amazing. We should have stayed in Highbury ffs

Selhurst Park is without doubt the best ground in the premier league, perhaps England for Atmosphere.

Robbie Lyle should have popped down there for ideas instead of going to Dortmund

3-0 :rolleyes: Sigh! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We are the easiest team to bully in the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ref couldn't wait to give the peno.

I'm still unsure how we didn't get one for the handball by Sakho

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    shocking decision zero contact

To be fair, Townsend did kick his leg across into Martinez
    Definite contact there.

Lol at Bellerin for the penalty. We should be taken some money for him from Barcelona and let him work on his facial hair at Barcelona B because make no mistake, that's his level right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If Wenger was sacked tomorrow I don't think he could complain. Sad times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All we need now for a "perfect" evening is Wenger announcing he's signed for two more years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

In fairness it looked a penalty at first glance.....no excuses **** off Wenger I'm sick of this bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

This just isn't going to improve magically by itself. Something has to drastically change and quick.

Sorry had to edit there I know we haven't been bad in the run in for years I'm just seething with anger here and my heads a bit of a mess.

I know it's only a game - it's not good when it really starts affecting your mood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Quazzie wrote: »
    LOL. 3-0

Shower of useless pricks. Can't even lose the way I want them to.

pudzey101 wrote: »

that sentence has never been true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Basil3 wrote: »
    To be fair, Townsend did kick his leg across into Martinez
    Definite contact there.
    Not a penalty for me. Townsend did the modern trick of letting his trailing leg collide with the keeper. Now the ref doesn't have the benefit of the replay and in real time it looked nailed on.

Even palace fans were singing "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay" lol. We're a bad joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

blueser wrote: »
    Not a penalty for me. Townsend did the modern trick of letting his trailing leg collide with the keeper. Now the ref doesn't have the benefit of the replay and in real time it looked nailed on.

Agreed, looked nailed on first time I seen it aswell. A little naive from the keeper perhaps but Townsend made the most of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Never a penalty, be good to see what the boys in the studio make of it seeing as it wasn't a player from the continent :rolleyes:

blueser wrote: »

Yeah, my point was that the contact was from Townsend kicking his leg out and hitting the keeper.....He bought a peno

pudzey101 wrote: »

Sure at this stage though, what is there for Troopz and DT to say that hasn't been said already? You'd be just sick of all the negativity (and im sure they are too) and would hope the manager would just make a decision and a decision in the best interests of the club and supporters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Past anger. Past frustrated. It's just horrible at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I've never seen a more lily-livered Arsenal player than Mesut Ozil.

I've never seen a more lily-livered Arsenal player than Mesut Ozil.

He is but you must have missed Walcott.

Lol at Bellerin for the penalty. We should be taken some money for him from Barcelona and let him work on his facial hair at Barcelona B because make no mistake, that's his level right now.

You really rate him dont you? Barcelona B? The way he is playing tonight i wouldnt even have him on our B side let alone Barca's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I hate to have to say this. But I think the league might be gone this year.

• Advertisement

He is but you must have missed Walcott.

Walcott's nearly as bad but has the odd moment of true aggression, takes the initiative sometimes rather than passing the buck every single time when the pressure is on.

Agent Flamini knows what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

duffman13 wrote: »
    Agreed, looked nailed on first time I seen it aswell. A little naive from the keeper perhaps but Townsend made the most of it
    Townsend was almost on his way down before the contact with the keeper. However, at the moment it looks like it won't be a deciding factor in the game. Still annoying for you gooners though.

Xhaka appears to be a serious flop.

Maybe like others he'd perform under a better manager but for now he's just pointless.

Arsenal fans singing you're not fit to wear the shirt loudly. Different times

Palace fans trolling Arsenal. Who'd have believed it could happen.
    Wenger has made some balls of our club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Arsenal fans singing you're not fit to wear the shirt loudly. Different times

A seriously sad indictment on this team.

Xhaka, Mustafi and a few others have been abhorrent tonight. But they were good/very good footballers before they came to Arsenal. I wonder what's happened to them?

Teams like Palace doing OLE OLE football at our expense? It's like a mirror of the modern world, Trump, Brexit and Wenger. All as farcical as each other. Sad thing is, I'm not even angry anymore. I'm numb to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Tonights result isn't important now, its how we bounce back mentally for the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A manager can only do so much when the players clearly don't give a ****.

Tonights result isn't important now, its how we bounce back mentally for the next game.

I hope that was a serious attempt at sarcasm?

Sorry, but it's the managers fault they don't give that f**k! You're very wrong there

• Advertisement

Palace fans trolling Arsenal. Who'd have believed it could happen.
    Wenger has made some balls of our club.

I was young enough when i bawled after Nayim's goal because at the very least we had committed players that season but I can only laugh at this pitiful bunch of pretenders. They should be fired with their own sh1te.

All on Wenger I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Thats what you said 2 months ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

I've been a big defender of Arsene over the years but I have to concede that we are in bad need of a change, there's no two ways about it.

In the midst of the worst period the club has gone through in 20 odd years, where have Gazidis and Kroenke been? There appears to be no accountability at the club from the top down.

Whatever manager comes after Arsene will still be reporting in to those two lads and I don't have any faith in them to propel Arsenal to the next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Can Ramsey please just **** off? I've counted one successful pass since he came on, every other time the ball came near him he managed to give it away.

Also, what's the point in bringing on Giroud when you are going to completely ignore him. For the first time in the game you have someone in the box to cross it to, but instead you put it to the back post to Sanchez or just completely over hit it.

All on Wenger I'm afraid

It is in me hole, it's time to go but those players are a bunch of ****ing weasels also.

embarrassing evening - not the first. Without as doubt as bad as we've been under Wenger.

This just can't go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Sell them all

Go off and play with your zip Arsene ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Watch him latch onto the dodgy penalty for an excuse!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement