Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

emmetlego wrote: »
    A seriously sad indictment on this team.

Xhaka, Mustafi and a few others have been abhorrent tonight. But they were good/very good footballers before they came to Arsenal. I wonder what's happened to them?

Teams like Palace doing OLE OLE football at our expense? It's like a mirror of the modern world, Trump, Brexit and Wenger. All as farcical as each other. Sad thing is, I'm not even angry anymore. I'm numb to it.
    Xhaka was playing for a team worse than Arsenal and a national team worse than England. Himself and Mustafi don't look like professional footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

farna_boy wrote: »
    Can Ramsey please just **** off? I've counted one successful pass since he came on, every other time the ball came near him he managed to give it away.

Also, what's the point in bringing on Giroud when you are going to completely ignore him. For the first time in the game you have someone in the box to cross it to, but instead you put it to the back post to Sanchez or just completely over hit it.

Ramsey is too busy saving the rhinos to be worried about 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

"Ze next game is the most important now. We have to bounce back".
    Wait for it. Brass neck time.

It's alright lads, still ahead of Everton on goal difference :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

It is in me hole, it's time to go but those players are a bunch of ****ing weasels also.

He signed everyone of them. If they've downed tools that easy after everything he's done for them then it reflects on him, that's my point. He's fcuking treated them like kids for far too long.

Some of them have robbed a hell of a living off the club thanks to Wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Lol till we play our 2 games in hand and lose them spectacularly. Tis shocking stuff from the players and the manager.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Crisis over. All is well with the world again. Net spend. Look at the share price compared to before i arrived. could be worse we could be fighting relegation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I was young enough when i bawled after Nayim's goal because at the very least we had committed players that season but I can only laugh at this pitiful bunch of pretenders. They should be fired with their own sh1te.

Ive a feeling we are in the same age bracket Tipp.....Thats was easily the worst Arsenal performance I have ever seen.

A bunch of cowardly pricks all in the image of their joke of a manager,today is the day Ive lost respect for Wenger.
    I couldnt give a **** what hes done for the club in the past cos hes ****ing ruining it now....**** off you deluded old prick,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Ive a feeling we are in the same age bracket Tipp.....Thats was easily the worst Arsenal performance I have ever seen.

A bunch of cowardly pricks all in the image of their joke of a manager,today is the day Ive lost respect for Wenger.
    I couldnt give a **** what hes done for the club in the past cos hes ****ing ruining it now....**** off you deluded old prick,

That's heavy. Yes he needs to go but deserves not to be insulted out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why didn't Sky Sports ask Townsend why he dived?

gebbel wrote: »

Emotions are running high at the moment it is after the full time whistle but some of the shocking performances this season coupled with the managers sense of delusion and self importance are doing him no favours at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I've a feeling I'm about the same age as you too buddy, but can you show a bit of respect. I'm pretty sure we all want him to leave but would you ever grow the fook up and have a bit of class about the situation.

He looked about as dejected as ive seen him at the end walking off the pitch. Hopefully he'll make the right decision and leave at the end of the season but nothing will change till Silent Stan and Gazidis also leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

I think youre embarrassing yourself.
    He's going to go in 5 weeks. Relax!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why didn't Sky Sports ask Townsend why he dived?

If his name sounded a bit more Italian/Spanish they might have mentioned it.

• Advertisement

I wanna see what the excuse tonight is so clearly I'm a glutton for punishment. Please please please Arsene don't sign another contract. People are right about the ****e/problem that we have above him too. I don't mind Palace but I can't stand big Sam.

enzo roco wrote: »

Not a chance of him leaving imo.
    I always said he'll be dragged out kicking and screaming by lads in white coats.
    The man has a brass neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Emotions are running high at the moment it is after the full time whistle but some of the shocking performances this season coupled with the managers sense of delusion and self importance are doing him no favours at all.

I truly believe tonight is where it ends. It's the most unacceptable defeat yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He has a sense of loyalty and believes he has to turn it around even though it's killing the club (and him too in all likeliness). His superiors need to come in and be firm. Enough is enough Arsene.

• Advertisement

gebbel wrote: »
    Roddy23 wrote: »
    I've a feeling I'm about the same age as you too buddy, but can you show a bit of respect. I'm pretty sure we all want him to leave but would you ever grow the fook up and have a bit of class about the situation.

He looked about as dejected as ive seen him at the end walking off the pitch. Hopefully he'll make the right decision and leave at the end of the season but nothing will change till Silent Stan and Gazidis also leave.

Pffffttt...Wenger is the one embarrassing all of us.

Hes a joke,a shambles,a has been....Should have walked last year,Ive always been respectful of him but im sick of this ****,who the **** does he think he is waiting to announce what hes doing,thanks for the memories but enough is enough.
    Wenger cant hack it at the top level anymore,hes past it,hes a deluded old dinosaur of a manager sure he said walcott could be england captain this week:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    off to retirement with him and i dont give one single **** what anyone thinks of my comments,ive supported this club before he was here and ill support if long after hes gone....get out you joke

greendom wrote: »
    He has a sense of loyalty and believes he has to turn it around even though it's killing the club (and him too in all likeliness). His superiors need to come in and be firm. Enough is enough Arsene.

He's more loyal to the Board than he is to Arsenal.
    Otherwise we wouldn't be witnessing that shyte all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

greendom wrote: »

Somewhat agree with this, but it shows a real sign of delusion that he thinks he can turn it around.

The interview is up next...

If he mentions playing with the handbrake on, I'll throw this f****** laptop through the TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Any other club with proper oversight from the board would have taken action at this stage. As someone already said this situation is not only harming the health of the club it is clearly effecting Wenger's health as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

off to retirement with him and i dont give one single **** what anyone thinks of my comments,ive supported this club before he was here and ill support if long after hes gone....

You deserved a medal. What a fudging hero!!!

Not a chance of him leaving imo.
    I always said he'll be dragged out kicking and screaming by lads in white coats.
    The man has a brass neck.

They should drag them parasites on the board out while they are at it. Spineless, money grabbing charlatans

You deserved a medal. What a fudging hero!!!

A medal for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Pffffttt...Wenger is the one embarrassing all of us.

Hes a joke,a shambles,a has been....Should have walked last year,Ive always been respectful of him but im sick of this ****,who the **** does he think he is waiting to announce what hes doing,thanks for the memories but enough is enough.
    Wenger cant hack it at the top level anymore,hes past it,hes a deluded old dinosaur of a manager sure he said walcott could be england captain this week:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    off to retirement with him and i dont give one single **** what anyone thinks of my comments,ive supported this club before he was here and ill support if long after hes gone....get out you joke

In fairness, I felt this way once, now I'm just numb.

emmetlego wrote: »
    In fairness, I felt this way once, now I'm just numb.

Ive been respectful all along,Ive said its the board thats the real problem but these weeks from bayern on have been the worst,Im sick of it all wenger has ruined my enjoyment of following a club thats been my life for all my life

Spineless little Walcott being interviewed and talking about working hard in training.
    He's not on his own either. We have a lot of cowards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wenger saying how he believes we played well apart from defensively.

Wenger proving that he's lost the plot entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Spineless little Walcott being interviewed and talking about working hard in training.

In fairness though what else is going to say? It's a different player every week but the message is always going to be the same. He's not going to come out of the dressing room and say "yeah to be honest we're not playing for the manager any more. He's lost the dressing room and the lads know that no matter how **** they are, the still get picked next week. I'm off to ask and get a new bumper contract. See you next week. Oh wait I wont. It's Ramsey's turn to come out and talk bollocks".

Wenger proving that he's lost the plot entirely.

Any self respecting chairman/board would have him home before the next game.

keano_afc wrote: »
    In fairness though what else is going to say? It's a different player every week but the message is always going to be the same. He's not going to come out of the dressing room and say "yeah to be honest we're not playing for the manager any more. He's lost the dressing room and the lads know that no matter how **** they are, the still get picked next week. I'm off to ask and get a new bumper contract. See you next week. Oh wait I wont. It's Ramsey's turn to come out and talk bollocks".
    Yep but there's players in the newspapers saying they want him to stay. Iwobi and Giroud the latest. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Wenger: "We created some dangerous situations"

When exactly??

He looks like he hasnt a clue...please Arsene just go,I dont want to end up hating you...from a man thats was an idol to a very large majority of us he is falling into a sham catagory now,just go,just announce your going and please save your legendary status

Yep but there's players in the newspapers saying they want him to stay. Iwobi and Giroud the latest. Unbelievable.

They're doing their job.

NDWC wrote: »

When exactly??

Everytime we went forward, they were just for Palace.

• Advertisement

You know you've got to start questioning your sanity when you're agreeing with a lot of what Jamie f*cking Carragher is saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Giving Xhaka the ball was very dangerous for us.

Giving Xhaka the ball was very dangerous for us.

Or being awarded a corner kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Or being awarded a corner kick.

That's been going on for soooo long too ain't it? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

To think I had such high hopes for Gabriel when he signed. At this stage he's like a CB version of Andre Santos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

'They wanted it more' - Theo Walcott.

What a cop-out that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

When exactly??

Allowing him to see out his contract?

If i could pick one player that proved how much our manager lost the plot it is this pretender. 11 years at the club and he has only passed the 100 mark in February.

The day he jumped out of that tackle vs Sunderland finished me with him. And all his b0llocks talk after having a few measly good games earlier on in the season of how he is stronger and fitter then he ever was :rolleyes: Richard Keys is rarely if ever right but he was spot on back in 2010 when he called him a stupid little boy in pink boots. A symbol of the latter half of Wengers reign.

And if anyone wonders why fans are so livid with the nutty professor they only need read this paragraph from the programme the other night
    I have done it for 20 years and it looked always like nothing. Suddenly it becomes important, so I am quite pleased people realise it is not as easy as it looks.

The experience of having done it before will play a part of course, but I think it is just about sticking together and continuing to right. If we show the same spirit we showed against City, we will win football games.

We were unbeaten for 19 games this season, and I think it's a good opportunity to remind people we are not finishing to not be relegated, we are fighting to have a positive end to the season.

That's why you want the fans to stand behind the team and that the debate at the moment is about that.

:(Every single one of those players on the pitch played below their abilities....bad management,its simple....to think people are worried what might happen if AW goes,Im more worried about what might happen if he stays,weve been getting worse every year for a good few years now,cant see it getting any better

You know you've got to start questioning your sanity when you're agreeing with a lot of what Jamie f*cking Carragher is saying...

Jeez i even find Piers Morgans latest comments hard to disagree with... What has become of me? :(

sure they dont have to push themselves at all. Why not. They are afraid they might have Simeone throwing hot cups of tea at them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement