Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

NBC co commentator, not sure who he is, but my ears are bleeding from the ****e he's spouting

Tony Cottee. He's always co-commentator for the games being shown in America. He's very poor. Aside from the crap he spouts, its his style that annoys me. Like, he speaks in "short sentence of facts" (if that makes any sense) as opposed to engaging with the commentator and giving the commentator some knowledge to bounce off.

Arsenal are looking off the pace tonight. Xhaka playing good. Only one chance created from Alexis. :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

It's games like tonight where I start to question the fact that Giroud slows down our attack. We have been downright pedestrian at times tonight and yet we have our fastest players up front.

If there's only one thing I'll take away from the first half it's NBC's dire commentry. Dear oh dear, please expand your vocabulary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Theo has been rubbish today, only player who looks like taking a pop is Xhaka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Walcott is terrified to take defenders on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Welbeck for Gibbs?? Back to 4-4-2 FFS

Quazzie wrote: »
    Welbeck for Gibbs?? Back to 4-4-2 FFS

Meh, t'other way was doing nowt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ramsey comes on, immediately does a stupid flick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Take Ramsey off again. Stupid flicks is not what's needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Would have bringin on the ox to run at fuchs , walcott still cant take on people

• Advertisement

**** off Ramsey. What the absolute **** is he at with that flick?! I ****ing hate him, I really do.

Great block Gabriel.

Unfortunately Xhaka has a name for himself, he can't get away with anything. Completely opposite of Kante who seems to be able to do whatever he wants without punishment.

Down to 10 for the remainder? That would've been the most Arsenal goal ever to concede.

Not sure why that wasn't a red tbh

How the referee can see that and not give a red is beyond any logic I know of.

Disgusting carry-on, should've been straight red

Would have been a red against any other team

Fantastic. Take that!

Phew.

:pac:

Don't f it up now

• Advertisement

The dream is still alive. I'm just delighted we will still have something to play for.

monreal !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm not watching (no stream) but **** yes ! and hopefully them other muppets don't score against palace

I'm not watching (no stream) but **** yes ! and hopefully them other muppets don't score against palace

Why? Why say it?

Fuchs should be off for that surely

wtf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Oh Sanchez, thats just embarrassing

Fuchs throws the ball directly at Sanchez and Sanchez gets booked. WTF?

Bonkers

• Advertisement

reminds me of rivaldo years ago , nowhere near his face :D

Both should be booked there.

What's the point of dissent laws exactly when the goalkeeper runs 3/4 the length of the pitch to give out and doesn't get a yellow card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Hilarious stuff:D

pudzey101 wrote: »
    reminds me of rivaldo years ago , nowhere near his face :D

On second viewing i thought it went off his shoulder onto his face? Maybe that's what I was wanting to see :D

Also since when can free kicks be given when the ball is out of play?

Great advertising for 7 up there

• Advertisement

Sanchez's mouth is bleeding and Tony Gale is questioning why he is holding his mouth. Moron/

Thats embarrassing.

Also since when can free kicks be given when the ball is out of play?

Was a foul throw if anything

Thank Christ that's over. A hairy few minutes at the end

3 wins on the bounce. Not a good performance in the 3 games but 3 wins nonetheless.

Spurs will be loving the game on Sunday.

• Advertisement

fcuk sake u shoudnt have posted that :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know ......**** sake :(

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Good man Sanchez, exactly the kind of time wasting that's normally done against arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Why was a free given (which they nearly scored from) from Fuchs throwing the ball at Sanchez?? I thought that you are allowed stand directly in front of the thrower? Disappointed in Sanchez going down as hit in the face, but was a prick of a thing to do by Fuchs.

Why was a free given (which they nearly scored from) from Fuchs throwing the ball at Sanchez?? I thought that you are allowed stand directly in front of the thrower? Disappointed in Sanchez going down as hit in the face, but was a prick of a thing to do by Fuchs.

not sure but this came to mind , no yellow or free in given here

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Poor game but 3 points is 3 points amazing to think what we could have done if Wenger changed to 3 at the back a lot earlier beat them spurs scum at whl on Sunday now to put them back in there box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You have to be at least 2 yards from the throw taker, Sanchez receives a yellow card going by the laws from the FA.

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-15---the-throw-in

You have to be at least 2 yards from the throw taker, Sanchez should have received a yellow card going by the laws from the FA.

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-15---the-throw-in

Is there a rule for a throw taker deliberately throwing a ball off a player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is there a rule for a throw taker deliberately throwing a ball off a player?

If a player, while correctly taking a throw-in, intentionally throws the ball at an opponent in order to play the ball again but neither in a careless nor a reckless manner nor using excessive force, the referee allows play to continue.

The thrower must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player.

That is all the law says

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement