Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Excessive force so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is there a rule for a throw taker deliberately throwing a ball off a player?

Surely that's similarly unsporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Surely that's similarly unsporting?

I know when playing Sunday league I got booked for it... twice.. by two separate refs. :D

I've seen a clip where a keeper comes out to clear, attacking player bounces it off his back as he's retreating and gets it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've seen a clip where a keeper comes out to clear, attacking player bounces it off his back as he's retreating and gets it back.

I think it's the fact it was thrown with excessive force and intent to hurt the player that is the problem.

I think if any player deliberately stands in front of a player taking a free or a throw to obstruct them, and gets it in the face...meh, they can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I think if any player deliberately stands in front of a player taking a free or a throw to obstruct them, and gets it in the face...meh, they can't complain.

Yeah it doesn't work like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fuchs could have killed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Arghus wrote: »
    Fuchs could have killed him.

No Fuchs given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

.....and scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Someone just told me that we're dropping the yellow kit next year, anyone heard or seen anything ?

Andip wrote: »
    Someone just told me that we're dropping the yellow kit next year, anyone heard or seen anything ?

Google says blue, supposedly

Home
    arsenal-17-18-home-kit-2.jpg

Away:
    arsenal-17-18-away-kit.jpg

Third:
    arsenal-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Andip wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103346524&postcount=8

"leaked" kits, pinch of salt needed of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

First kit looks as I'd expect, second looks like this season keeper jersey and the third looks disgusting.

I blame Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Watched the two wins from foreign places on my wee break.
    Saw a bit of effort and fight in the team at last although the skill levels are not up to where they should be. It's probably too little too late but at least it's an improvement.

• Advertisement

Saw a bit of effort and fight in the team at last although the skill levels are not up to where they should be. It's probably too little too late but at least it's an improvement.

Planning another holiday at the end of May?

United win is probably the best result for us but I can't cheer for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

If it wasn't for the Louth accent, I'd say you were James from Gunnerblog!

United win is probably the best result for us but I can't cheer for them.

Don't give a ****e about 4th*, just want to finish ahead of Mourinho.

*not actually true.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Planning another holiday at the end of May?
    I'll visit wherever Wenger is then just to make sure he's gone. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'll visit wherever Wenger is then just to make sure he's gone. :pac:

Better start saving. North London is expensive.

Better start saving. North London is expensive.
    That's the big fear.

Any tickets going for the final? I've a sister over there so I've a place to crash and the flights are cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No Pogba, Fellaini or Zlatan for Newton Heath against us. Gonna be even more frustrating when we **** the bed against them.

keano_afc wrote: »
    No Pogba, Fellaini or Zlatan for Newton Heath against us. Gonna be even more frustrating when we **** the bed against them.

Mourinho has United well organised at the back. I expect a 0 - 0.

Mourinho has United well organised at the back. I expect a 0 - 0.

You think they'll miss the peno we give them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

keano_afc wrote: »

Yep, still can't get over how we lost to a severely depleted Utd side at Old Trafford last season 3-2, when we had a legitimate opportunity for the title. Can't see us beating Utd no matter what team they will have out. Sure it might not count for much, depending on how we get on against Spurs on Sunday.

You think they'll miss the peno we give them?
    If they play like they did tonight then we won't have to worry as they won't cross half-way.
    They'll come for a point and get it probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Yep, still can't get over how we lost to a severely depleted Utd side at Old Trafford last season 3-2, when we had a legitimate opportunity for the title. Can't see us beating Utd no matter what team they will have out. Sure it might not count for much, depending on how we get on against Spurs on Sunday.

I remember laughing when I saw the team line ups in work, never heard of Rashford assumed he'd be ****e, thought we'd hammer em and be well on our way to the title :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is there a rule for a throw taker deliberately throwing a ball off a player?

Looking into it more and there is a law

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

OFFENCES WHERE AN OBJECT (OR THE BALL) IS THROWN

The FA Website has that in caps I did not do it Violent Conduct is a red card

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Looking into it more and there is a law

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

OFFENCES WHERE AN OBJECT (OR THE BALL) IS THROWN

The FA Website has that in caps I did not do it Violent Conduct is a red card

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Genuinely don't think it was excessive. Intentional? Definitely. Just don't think there was enough in it to even warrant a booking for Fuchs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

To be honest I'd much rather see the fella who "tackled" Giroud punished properly rather than Fuchs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Well considering the pathetic, embarassing dive from Sanchez, I'm glad Fuchs wasn't booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Who wants to see Fuchs punished? It was nothing in fairness.

Plus, his name is Fuchs. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

All the HATE I have for Wenger at the moment, if we beat spurs it will be like winning the league for me. Knowing we dented their PL chances aswell is the icing on the cake, if we get beaten we get beaten but please for the love of god WE BETTER SHOW UP AND NOT ROLL OVER for them!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    All the HATE I have for Wenger at the moment, if we beat spurs it will be like winning the league for me. Knowing we dented their PL chances aswell is the icing on the cake, if we get beaten we get beaten but please for the love of god WE BETTER SHOW UP AND NOT ROLL OVER for them!!!!
    Draw written all over this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hope Chelsea beat Everton aswell just to put that little bit more pressure on them , I feel it could be like the Chelsea Spurs game last season where they just went mental on chelsea and bottled it an early goal will be crucial

We have only beaten spurs at white hart lane 5 times since 1992.
    That's out of 24 games.with some of the Arsenal legends from then until now.

I don't expect a win.

• Advertisement

Anybody else fully resigned to the fact Wenger is gonna stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Yep

Anybody else fully resigned to the fact Wenger is gonna stay?

I think we all are.
    Shame though.
    Expect more of the same shyte.

I think we all are.
    Shame though.
    Expect more of the same shyte.

I see Wenger done another 'Jim Bowen' (Here's what you could have had) on Dele Alli. We watched him many many times says he...And you identifed no qualities in him Arsene? Really? Really now? :rolleyes:

2 further years of this has been is depressing

What did I miss? Has Arsene done/said something today?

I see Wenger done another 'Jim Bowen' (Here's what you could have had) on Dele Alli. We watched him many many times says he...And you identifed no qualities in him Arsene? Really? Really now? :rolleyes:

2 further years of this has been is depressing

I saw that.
    He is becoming embarrassing at this stage mentioning all the players he "tried to buy" or looked at. He should really keep his mouth shut because the question should be "why then did you not buy them?" He also bought plenty of dross in his time.

• Advertisement

We have only beaten spurs at white hart lane 5 times since 1992.
    That's out of 24 games.with some of the Arsenal legends from then until now.

I don't expect a win.

The 3-1 in 1999 was one of my favourite and that Kanu goal

The 5-4 in 2004
    3-1 in 2007 (Adebayors screamer)
    1-0 in 2014 (Rosicky screamer)

And Flamsters brace last season in the cup?

The 3-1 in 1999 was one of my favourite and that Kanu goal

The 5-4 in 2004
    3-1 in 2007 (Adebayors screamer)
    1-0 in 2014 (Rosicky screamer)

And Flamsters brace last season in the cup?

The Ray Kennedy one in the 78th minute in 1971 for me. We won the double.
    I was there that night.

The Ray Kennedy one in the 78th minute in 1971 for me. We won the double.
    I was there that night.

Jeez that must have been an unreal experience. How did ye get out alive? :D

Special mention also to this

Basil3 wrote: »
    What did I miss? Has Arsene done/said something today?

The usual 'We could have bought this lad, we watched him 115637 times'

Dele Alli's turn this week

Special mention to this also :)
    RIP Rocky
    #ossieofftowembleymyarse

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement