Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Hows everybody feeling about tonight hard really to get ante class of hope up after our last trip to munich

Giroud to get his 100th goal tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

farna_boy wrote: »
    Giroud to get his 100th goal tonight :pac:

I'm hoping he won't be starting tonight. I want a quick forward line tonight and try and grab an away goal or two. Most people are writing Arsenal off and for once I'd love if they weren't proven right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Well, Walcott is dropped for tonight. So maybe Giroud is starting... Or is it Lucas or Danny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

emmetlego wrote: »
    Well, Walcott is dropped for tonight. So maybe Giroud is starting... Or is it Lucas or Danny?

Lucas didn't travel...probably Giroud alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pacifico wrote: »
    Lucas didn't travel...probably Giroud alright
    Maybe it's the return of Sanogo :eek:

Quazzie wrote: »
    Maybe it's the return of Sanogo :eek:

:):)

Funny because it's believable!

Why is he dropped? Haven't read anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

How do you know hes dropped? Great news if true.

Basil3 wrote: »

David Ornstein tweeted it. He's usually on the money. Love to see Danny get a run tonight if I'm honest. Giroud is not floating my boat. We need pace against these lads, Welbeck and Sanchez for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hopefully it's because we need players who are 100% committed to the fight.
    Walcott was never that. If that is the reason then it took Wenger a long time to see it.

• Advertisement

David Ornstein tweeted it. He's usually on the money. Love to see Danny get a run tonight if I'm honest. Giroud is not floating my boat. We need pace against these lads, Welbeck and Sanchez for me.

We need pace...drop Walcott :pac:

I think we'll try to sit back and absorb them, then bring Theo on for the last 20 minutes or so.

Yeah I saw it on twitter, source the BBC that Walcott is starting from the bench. I'd love to see Welbeck start, as his workrate in matches like this is invaluable. Start him alongside Alexis and Iwobi/Ox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Chatting Claude and gave my prediction to SSN - WENGER IN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hows everybody feeling about tonight hard really to get ante class of hope up after our last trip to munich

Either:

- A heroic battling performance tonight, followed by an epic bottle job at home.

Or:

- An embarrassing performance tonight, followed by a heroic battling performance at home...that ultimately comes up short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

or,
    Bayern extend their winning run at home !

16684345_1709347885748562_4543924430635060229_n.jpg?oh=fad1e3a9dd0731209f51e812b8ed5e71&oe=5901BAD9

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Absolutely zero expectations for tonight. Someone referenced the City game a couple of seasons ago as proof that we can get up for a big game but not winning any of the 22 away games to the top 6 after that match is the more realistic and probable outcome.

3-1 Munchen

Jaysus lads you would swear we were a league 2 team. I think it will be a close game, hopefully we can keep it tight for the first half and take it from there. Our last 6 meetings with Bayern is 3 defeats 2 wins and 1 draw. Not as gloomy as some on here would have you believe.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads you would swear we were a league 2 team. I think it will be a close game, hopefully we can keep it tight for the first half and take it from there. Our last 6 meetings with Bayern is 3 defeats 2 wins and 1 draw. Not as gloomy as some on here would have you believe.

Yeah I agree with you, the record against Bayern isn't the worst tbh.
    The only thing I will say is, that this team on any given day can look and defend like a league 2 team. It really depends on the mentality of the team and if they bother to show up on the day.

We have had some very heavy defeats in Europe and domestically over the past 5 years, that's why it's hard to trust the team I think. We are capable of getting a result tonight, but we are also capable of buckling under the pressure and capitulating just as easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That sort of thing has the tendency to go out the window with us though. We're in poor form, away from home, and against a big team. If this were a PL game, we'd know the outcome.

keano_afc wrote: »
    That sort of thing has the tendency to go out the window with us though. We're in poor form, away from home, and against a big team. If this were a PL game, we'd know the outcome.
    Win handsomely to provide false hope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cant see where a big performance or result can come from given our usual shortcomings & current run of form, but I live in hope that every dog has its day & we can pull off a shock & get a solid result & progress... we're capable but let ourselves down 9 times out of 10.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Not expecting to win tonight. I will take a draw, preferably an away goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2-1 to Bayern with all the Arsenal fans left thinking "if only" after a stupid defensive error cost us the match.

Not all hope is lost though as we'll win the return leg 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Off to work. Glad I dont have to watch it tonight. If we managed a 3-0 win we would still find a way to lose 4-0 at home. This team and manager has showed me nothing in years to expect anything different.

I'll glance at the score after the game.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/efbman/status/831936576909357056

Greetings from the Allianz Arena!
    Here are the vote of the German Jury!

Arsenal Douze points!

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/831937288309501953

Coq-Xhaka midfield

Ox and Iwobi on the wings

Gibbs still preferred to Monreal

mansize wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/efbman/status/831936576909357056

Greetings from the Allianz Arena!
    Here are the vote of the German Jury!

Arsenal Douze points!

Love the vintage jersey.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/831937288309501953

Coq-Xhaka midfield

Ox and Iwobi on the wings

Gibbs still preferred to Monreal

Elneny woukd of been my choice ahead of Coquelin. Would of gave us a bit of height for defending set pieces. Cant believe Ox is starting. How many times will he give the ball away needlessly tonight.

C4uip5mWcAEIuUJ?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ugh.

I hate the sight of Bayern f***ing Munich.

Elneny woukd of been my choice ahead of Coquelin. Would of gave us a bit of height for defending set pieces. Cant believe Ox is starting. How many times will he give the ball away needlessly tonight.

Ox has been one of our better players lately, so I guess Wenger wanted to go a bit more defensive by bringing in Xhaka, without upsetting the team too much.

Elneny is only 2cm taller than Coq, don't think there would be much difference made there. I agree though, would much rather have him there than Coq. A fairly risky midfield combo, hope they behave themselves.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thank Christ Xhaka's back. Whatever chance we have with him, we'd have none without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

This is one of those games I can see us getting a red card. With the Allianz Arena baying for blood, so long as we can actually last the pace, not do anything stupid, we could hit them with the pace on the bench later on in the game. I'm actually disappointed not to see Welbeck starting. Also Gibbs at left back is a real worry, especially as he'll be up against Robben.

Prediction 2-1 Bayern.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    This is one of those games I can see us getting a red card. With the Allianz Arena baying for blood, so long as we can actually last the pace, not do anything stupid, we could hit them with the pace on the bench later on in the game. I'm actually disappointed not to see Welbeck starting. Also Gibbs at left back is a real worry, especially as he'll be up against Robben.

Prediction 2-1 Bayern.

Much prefer Gibbs over Monreal with a tricky ballplayer. Monreal is a liability in those situations, especially if he gets caught in the box.

If we concede early then we're in seriously big trouble.
    The longer we hold out the more edgy they'll get and our confidence will rise but concede early and we could suffer big-time.

Prediction 2-1 Bayern.

Not an awful result tbf

Much prefer Gibbs over Monreal with a tricky ballplayer. Monreal is a liability in those situations, especially if he gets caught in the box.

Gibbs ???
    Watch this space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ronnie Whelan ? - BT Sport it is!

Gibbs ???
    Watch this space.

Ah yeah, I know you're hoping he performs badly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Not an awful result tbf

True, but we'd stll find a way to balls up the return leg. Not confident about going through at all. Id take a 2-1 loss only because then we would still be in the tie going back to the Emirates.
    If we were to draw/win tonight - we'd find a way to throw it away somehow in the return fixture.

Enjoy the game though - I'd say the atmosphere will be unreal.

Can't see anything other than a Bayern win. A convincing one (4-0) wouldn't shock me either.

True, but we'd stll find a way to balls up the return leg. Not confident about going through at all. Id take a 2-1 loss only because then we would still be in the tie going back to the Emirates.
    If we were to draw/win tonight - we'd find a way to throw it away somehow in the return fixture.

Enjoy the game though - I'd say the atmosphere will be unreal.

Cheers bud!

No matchday programs 😒

Not a Gibbs fan, if anything I'd play him ahead of Monreal on the wing

No matchday programs 😒

None as in hard to find, or none as they don't exist?

Quazzie wrote: »
    None as in hard to find, or none as they don't exist?

Don't do them! Like ERC in Paris!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

How long have RTE been doing their Sky Sports impression by gathering the lads around a touchscreen panel? Looks ridiculous.

Loving the soft rock FCB anthem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not a huge fan of that team, needs Elmo and Welbeck. Hope they prove me wrong...

• Advertisement

Dunno how much the team sheet can be read into, but it has Ox ahead of Gibbs on the left, and Iwobi ahead of Bellerin on the right. Strange if true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement