Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mourinho will be happy with a 0-0, wouldn't expect United to be too adventurous. Arsenal are fairly toothless in attack, can't see them bagging many goals. It was 10/1 which I though was a decent price for one of the more likely scorelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mourinho will be happy with a 0-0, wouldn't expect United to be too adventurous. Arsenal are fairly toothless in attack, can't see them bagging many goals. It was 10/1 which I though was a decent price for one of the more likely scorelines.

You should back no scorer instead, as that'll still win if it's 1-0 with an own goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Shouldn't really laugh until we get our own house in order but :pac:

http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Shouldn't really laugh until we get our own house in order but :pac:

http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com

great stuff...got to take any crumbs of joy from this disaster of a season.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Hi guys,I was able to get tickets for the game on Sunday but all that I got was two membership cards??are the tickets on the cards??do the cards just swiped??

First time going so was expecting paper tickets not a membership card

Bigbok wrote: »
    Hi guys,I was able to get tickets for the game on Sunday but all that I got was two membership cards??are the tickets on the cards??do the cards just swiped??

First time going so was expecting paper tickets not a membership card

Yeah, that's all you need. I'll be in London this weekend so tossing up whether to try to get tickets!

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's all you need. I'll be in London this weekend so tossing up whether to try to get tickets!

Cheers for the reply,take it the card is just used at a turnstile or something as there isn't a bar code or anything to scan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

Bigbok wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply,take it the card is just used at a turnstile or something as there isn't a bar code or anything to scan?

Ya. The card is what you use at the turnstile.

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Ya. The card is what you use at the turnstile.

Cheers mate appreciate the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

At least they've come to some agreement and it's not affecting what's going on in the pubs themselves :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

anyone have that feeling where going to be thumped tomorrow ?

pudzey101 wrote: »
    anyone have that feeling where going to be thumped tomorrow ?

I reckon 3-0 Man United, with 3 goals on the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

very quite here over the weekend :O taughts on tomorrows game ? Would love to see welbz grab a winner :D ( highly doubt it though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I reckon 3-0 Man United, with 3 goals on the break

2 goals on the break.

The first will be a peno, and a red card.

But, yeah, 0-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The heart is hoping for a big win but the head is saying I hope they packed ky jelly in the kit bags!

God I hate football at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Both sets of players to stumble about the pitch as if they were coming home from the pub and full to the brim the night before they depart on holiday. A lifeless and listless game with no bearing on anything. Scoreless draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Both sets of players to stumble about the pitch as if they were coming home from the pub and full to the brim the night before they depart on holiday. A lifeless and listless game with no bearing on anything. Scoreless draw.

A lot depends on the liverpool game first. If Liverpool don't win then this game suddenly becomes very important.

niallo27 wrote: »
    A lot depends on the liverpool game first. If Liverpool don't win then this game suddenly becomes very important.
    Southampton probably already in holiday mode themselves.

• Advertisement

• niallo27 wrote: »

Really, why?

As a utd fan I want to beat arsenal regardless but to the relevance of league positions it really isnt that important at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Really, why?

As a utd fan I want to beat arsenal regardless but to the relevance of league positions it really isnt that important at this stage of the season.

If Liverpool draw/lose today then it puts 4th place back in Man Utds hands. If Liverpool lose than Arsenal can get back into the race if they win out.

I'm really interested to see if Mourinho does make wholesale changes and even plays a few youngsters. I've no confidence in an Arsenal win regardless.

Southampton probably already in holiday mode themselves.

Hopefully hopefully.

• If Liverpool draw/lose today then it puts 4th place back in Man Utds hands. If Liverpool lose than Arsenal can get back into the race if they win out.

I'm really interested to see if Mourinho does make wholesale changes and even plays a few youngsters. I've no confidence in an Arsenal win regardless.
    Understand from an Arsenal perspective but Utds not so much.

EL is about winning a trophy as much as it is about CL qualification

You don't get a trophy for finishing 4th so understandable it's secondary from a Utd perspective now an we bottled our chances by getting too many draws. Out of our hands as far as I'm concerned.

Huge bottle job by Liverpool if they fail to win tho. Would be funny.

You don't get a trophy for finishing 4th so understandable it's secondary from a Utd perspective now an we bottled our chances by getting too many draws. Out of our hands as far as I'm concerned.

It the EL didn't have a CL spot you wouldn't be talking like that.

If the Europa League didn't have a champions league spot for the winner, I really don't think Mourinho would be prioritising it. It does though so it's obviously a win win, win a European trophy and get champions league football.

I agree with you about Liverpool, if they can't win those three games then they don't deserve to play champions league football. If Liverpool slip up today though, the Arsenal game becomes a lot bigger for Utd, they would be stupid to rest too many players for it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That's what I though about Spurs vs West Ham on Friday night but hey right on cue Spurs provided some comedy gold ;)

Here's hoping for a sequel from Liverpool !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057737980/1/#post103434996

Match thread up all welcome hopefully it's an enjoyable game and a good battle please please please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/861219229625921538

Cech

Holding Kos Monereal

Ox Ramsey Xhaka Gibbs

Ozil Alexis

Welbeck

• Advertisement

Gibbs...

I don't like that team at all. Still not convinced about the three at the back system. Hasn't worked imo bar the Man City game and even then they missed chance after chance.

Can't see this being a pretty game to watch anyway.

Think I'll go to Woodies. Get a few plants, spend the afternoon in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Liverpool drop points, makes the game even more important for both United and us. I think a useless draw will be the result

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Very quiet in here. Will be watching motd later. Xhaka had a good game by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Very quiet in here. Will be watching motd later. Xhaka had a good game by all accounts.

5th vs 6th who cares.

• Advertisement

Definitely made the right choice staying in Lord's and watching the cricket. Not a chance we would have won if I watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

5th vs 6th who cares.

Despite all our problems and frustrations I still really want us to win every game. Especially against united. Not to mention it's against jose and I want Wenger to beat him for once.

Yes!

Beating him is marvellous. Were they on some big unbeaten run before today?

Y'know when we beat them?

That's 4 points out of 6 against United this season. Happy with that, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

A bit unlikely but I hope ye go on to snatch 4th. Testimonial type atmosphere at time today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Good solid defensive performance.

Xhaka and Ramsey were very good today and Ox put a right shift in too.

Always enjoy beating them. Despite that it was a weakened Utd team it still marks Wengers first league win against Mourinho.

• Advertisement

I agree to these type of sanctions :pac:

https://twitter.com/Gingers4Limpar/status/861253567142920196

Despite all our problems and frustrations I still really want us to win every game. Especially against united. Not to mention it's against jose and I want Wenger to beat him for once.

That's the only thing I could get excited about today, love beating the moaner.

I think we're 6 behind City, we've 4 games to play...

Southhampton (A)
    Stoke (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Everton (H)

They've 3 to play...

Leicester (H)
    West Brom (H)
    Watford (A)

I'm more annoyed with myself for buying into this "race for top four" rubbish tbh.

That's the only thing I could get excited about today, love beating the moaner.

I think we're 6 behind City, we've 4 games to play...

Southhampton (A)
    Stoke (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Everton (H)

They've 3 to play...

Leicester (H)
    West Brom (H)
    Watford (A)

I'm more annoyed with myself for buying into this "race for top four" rubbish tbh.

Liverpool Away to WHam might be a dodgy one for them

True but when I look at the table and see them 7 points ahead of us we simply have to win all four of our remaining games to overtake them...and from what I've seen this season (and previous)... this team isn't capable of that. I think we're gonna end up 5th and getting into the f****** Europa league, that would be a disaster.

Arsenal will need to win all 4 and for pool to drop points away to west ham. Pool dropping points is probably more likely than arsenal beating Stoke away unfortunately. I didnt realise the Everton game was at home though, you never know...

City would need to drop points twice in 3 games so that's not happening.

Actually just looking at the table there, if arsenal got a point at Stoke, stuck a good 6 or so past Sunderland, and pool lost at west ham then that might be enough.

I agree to these type of sanctions :pac:

https://twitter.com/Gingers4Limpar/status/861253567142920196

I was singing it, and i was in my living room.

Obviously any win against United is beautiful. :p

That said the same issues were gaping today. A decent striker for the opposition (anyone but Rooney basically and we're behind in the first half. Lot of ball given away but United were too **** to make anything of it.

If Liverpool win their two remaining matches then it doesn't matter what we do as we can't catch them.
    We won't win our 4 remaining matches anyway so don't do it to yourselves again.

If Liverpool win their two remaining matches then it doesn't matter what we do as we can't catch them.
    We won't win our 4 remaining matches anyway so don't do it to yourselves again.

This is why I got pissed off with myself for even thinking like that.

Getting my hopes up of finishing in the top four, jesus its sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I see no one making anything of Herrera turning his back for the first goal, if that was Özil it would be plastered all over the papers with damning headlines

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement