Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

1-0 Liverpool

:(

Thursday night cup for us its looking like.

West Ham offering very little except the freedom of their penalty area

greendom wrote: »
    West Ham offering very little except the freedom of their penalty area

Hoping they'll get a result if for anything to knock the smugness out of that Michael Owen. He is in the studio on the stream im watching :mad:

Hoping they'll get a result if for anything to knock the smugness out of that Michael Owen. He is in the studio on the stream im watching :mad:

Shocking miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Owen is a utd fan. He would be delighted if west ham scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

West Ham arent doing us any favour today, pity as I thought we might sneak 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

wonga77 wrote: »
    West Ham arent doing us any favour today, pity as I thought we might sneak 4th

If we don't get 4th it won't be because of West Ham! In saying that they could easily get a point here.

Had given up caring about top 4 many weeks ago anyway so if it happens it happpens.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Well that's that lads EL it is!

omega man wrote: »
    If we don't get 4th it won't be because of West Ham! In saying that they could easily get a point here.

Had given up caring about top 4 many weeks ago anyway so if it happens it happpens.....

Yup. We don't deserve to be top 4, even if we somehow end up on more points than last season.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Well that's that lads EL it is!

Thursday night, BT sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Thursday night, BT sport

Not doing Boro any justice here, they'll do us a favour :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

niallo27 wrote:
    Owen is a utd fan. He would be delighted if west ham scored.

Thought he was on the payroll at anfield these days as a club ambassador or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not that I care, but its ironic Wengers dithering in the summer left us under prepared for Liverpool game at the start of the season, which will be the one to cost us Champions League football next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You get what you deserve and finish where you deserve to be.
    Top 4 would just be more of the same for Arsenal. We'd be knocked out at the same stage yet again.

Not that I care, but its ironic Wengers dithering in the summer left us under prepared for Liverpool game at the start of the season, which will be the one to cost us Champions League football next year.

We had loads of time to make up ground but we fell asunder in many many games

Away to Everton
    Away to City
    Away to Bournemouth where we went 3-0 down
    Away to Chelsea
    Away to Liverpool
    Away to West Brom
    Away to Crystal Palace
    Away to Spurs
    Home to Watford

This is the real story of our season

Perhaps we didnt wear the navy and flou kit often enough :)

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/863475976495284224

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

You get what you deserve and finish where you deserve to be.
    Top 4 would just be more of the same for Arsenal. We'd be knocked out at the same stage yet again.

We are where we should be with the overall performances this season. Europa league here we come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Will the club really let Sanchez's contract just wind down rather than sell him during the Summer?

domrush wrote: »
    Will the club really let Sanchez's contract just wind down rather than sell him during the Summer?

If Wenger is to be believed, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

domrush wrote: »

Might have to. No CL will make it harder to attract a replacement if he was sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Basil3 wrote: »
    If Wenger is to be believed, yes.

Especially if the rumoured 1 year extension is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Especially if the rumoured 1 year extension is true.

The guy on BBC 5 live, said he heard, 2 more years for Wenger at Arsenal. With a Thursday fixture it's going to be even tougher.

UVzmLMu.jpg
    I believe there's a barbed wire fence around that section. The lads in the white coats come just after the final whistle to take them back to the institution.

I believe there's a barbed wire fence around that section. The lads in the white coats come just after the final whistle to take them back to the institution.

It's nonsense like that from some of our 'fans' that make me feel we don't deserve a better manager. It's one thing to want him gone but I draw the line at disrespecting him.

It's nonsense like that from some of our 'fans' that make me feel we don't deserve a better manager. It's one thing to want him gone but I draw the line at disrespecting him.
    We do deserve a better manager.

Wenger is doing himself no favours with some of the nonsense he is coming out with. He is disrespecting the Arsenal fans by making us endure more of this mediocrity. He should be honest with everyone and especially himself and call it a day. He is no longer up to it.

His continous self congratulating is getting tiring too. Fact is, 'Footballistically' a term he has used himself, he has been mediocre for longer then he was competitive now.

Wenger is doing himself no favours with some of the nonsense he is coming out with. He is disrespecting the Arsenal fans by making us endure more of this mediocrity. He should be honest with everyone and especially himself and call it a day. He is no longer up to it.

His continous self congratulating is getting tiring too. Fact is, 'Footballistically' a term he has used himself, he has been mediocre for longer then he was competitive now.
    Yep. I'm a fan of the club, not the manager.
    I will always support the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What's wrong with the picture? Jesus, this place sometimes. Suggesting a mental institution for showing the greatest manager we've ever had some gratitude :rolleyes:

What's wrong with the picture? Jesus, this place sometimes. Suggesting a mental institution for showing the greatest manager we've ever had some gratitude :rolleyes:

If you read it again, Tayto was on about the gobsh1tes in the stand, the likes of Ty and Chris from Arsenal fan TV who are happy to accept this mediocrity. Both of which are a bit soft between the ears if im being honest.

That 'Forever in your debt' thing is painful. Brainwashed clowns. He takes almost 9m a year out of the club. No debt owed.

• Advertisement

The "greatest manager we've ever had" has pocketed 7 or 8 million every year for yonks for winning feck all. 13 years since we won the league and about 100 million for him in that time..
    I;m afraid i'm not one of these morons who think that top 4 is a trophy.
    Idolising him sometimes gets to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The "greatest manager we've ever had" has pocketed 7 or 8 million every year for yonks for winning feck all. 13 years since we won the league and about 100 million for him in that time..
    I;m afraid i'm not one of these morons who think that top 4 is a trophy.
    Idolising him sometimes gets to me.

I want him to go too. His time is long since up, but I'm not going to berate the man, he clearly loves the job and has nothing else.

Showing gratitude to the man when his time is (nearly, maybe not this year unfortunately) up is not being brainwashed :\

I want him to go too. His time is long since up, but I'm not going to berate the man, he clearly loves the job and has nothing else.

Showing gratitude to the man when his time is (nearly, maybe not this year unfortunately) up is not being brainwashed :\

There we differ. Gratitude is one thing but to say he has nothing else after the wages he has earned is a bit over the top. I'm sure some other club would employ him. One with smaller aspirations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

SSN report we've signed Sead Kolasniac on a free from Schalke..joining in July when contract expires..
    Never heard of this lad,left back,is he any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

gitzy16v wrote: »
    SSN report we've signed Sead Kolasniac on a free from Schalke..joining in July when contract expires..

View from a Berlin based reporter, stating that he's a powerful, physical fullback/centreback who might have suited us better if we'd ever consider playing 3 at the back(2 days before we did at Boro)

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/04/who-is-sead-kolasinac-and-what-kind-of-a-player-are-arsenal-getting/

gitzy16v wrote: »

The rumour was doing the rounds a couple of months ago - good to see that it wasn't BS.

Quite a few decent clubs were interested though, good to hear that our pulling power hasn't completely disappeared yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

The rumour was doing the rounds a couple of months ago - good to see that it wasn't BS.

Quite a few decent clubs were interested though, good to hear that our pulling power hasn't completely disappeared yet!

if there was ever any doubt that wenger was staying this signing removes it

wawaman wrote: »
    if there was ever any doubt that wenger was staying this signing removes it

I honestly couldnt get excited about signing Messi and Ronaldo at this stage if Wenger is staying on. He's finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Every other team already ahead of us in the league are planning their summer transfers, Chelsea and United reportedly spending £200+ million, City no doubt won't be far behind, Spurs will undoubtedly strengthen too...

...and what the F**k are we doing? We don't even know if that man will be our manager next season. How can a club be held to ransom like that, how is that in any way good for the club, how can HE - THE EGO MANIAC even justify it.

What he's doing to our club is absolutely disgusting. It already looks like we're forfeiting next season and this season isn't even finished with.

Vile.

Every other team already ahead of us in the league are planning their summer transfers, Chelsea and United reportedly spending £200+ million, City no doubt won't be far behind, Spurs will undoubtedly strengthen too...

...and what the F**k are we doing? We don't even know if that man will be our manager next season. How can a club be held to ransom like that, how is that in any way good for the club, how can HE - THE EGO MANIAC even justify it.

What he's doing to our club is absolutely disgusting. It already looks like we're forfeiting next season and this season isn't even finished with.

Vile.

Would love to know where you get all this information from. Football gossip columns?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Would love to know where you get all this information from. Football gossip columns?

Yeah, pretty sure at this stage that the club know exactly what they're doing next year. We might not like it, but they've almost certainly made their mind up on an extension for Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If Wenger stays it looks like Gazidis could well be off.....any feelings on the impact positive of negative

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty sure at this stage that the club know exactly what they're doing next year. We might not like it, but they've almost certainly made their mind up on an extension for Wenger.

Then they should just announce it.

I dont agree with the hysteria of HM, but its farcical that nothing is being said to the fans. Gazidis, Dicky Costa Rica, nobody is prepared to tell the fans what is happening. It stinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Don't think thats even gossip column stuff.

There is a steady drip drip effect going on. Rumours being dropped around the place. Arsene press conferences where he talks more and more about next season. When it finally is announced everyone will be fully aware of the full details of the extension.

There has been an improvement in terms of attitude on the pitch and so I get the impression the players know what's going on too.

It seems that it is not being announced due to fear of a bad reaction and I suppose that will be dissipated somewhat by making the announcement at the end of the season when there's no chance of the crowd reacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There is a steady drip drip effect going on. Rumours being dropped around the place. Arsene press conferences where he talks more and more about next season. When it finally is announced everyone will be fully aware of the full details of the extension.

There has been an improvement in terms of attitude on the pitch and so I get the impression the players know what's going on too.

It seems that it is not being announced due to fear of a bad reaction and I suppose that will be dissipated somewhat by making the announcement at the end of the season when there's no chance of the crowd reacting.

Yip, this is exactly what is happening.

I really hope we get our sh*t done early this Summer. The last few years we were never prepared for the start of the season. I know 1 game doesn't decide a season, but it is kind of ironic that Liverpool beat us in the first game of the season and will now most likely finish 1 point ahead of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had a look there, the last time 75 points would have failed to get you at least 4th was 2007/08. And the club have finished with less than 75 in about half of the seasons since then. This season hasn't really been any worse than the previous 13 or so, it's just another year of the same shít coupled with a few more stronger teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Experience.

Of course Wenger is staying.
    He keeps harping on about winning our two remaining games and reaching 75 points which will be 4 more than last season.
    It is still not good enough and no amount of talking about it will make it good enough.
    We usually finish an average of 14 points behind the winners and this season we are 21 points behind Chelsea at present. No mention of that by Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Of course Wenger is staying.
    He keeps harping on about winning our two remaining games and reaching 75 points which will be 4 more than last season.

4 more points than last year and 3 positions lower. Guy is a complete fraud.

I'm speaking to the converted I know :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Not an Arsenal fan but I'd almost feel sorry for you lot at this stage. Wenger has made a great contribution but is so past his sell-by date it's embarrassing. And yet he somehow maintains his untouchable status with the powers-that-be, like a North Korean favoured son. Baffling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement