Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a suitable shampoo

Options
  • 09-02-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Almost every time I have a shower I get out and I'm bet with an uncontrollable itchy tingling sensation over my body it wears off after a while mum said it could be that the shampoo I use isn't suitable for my skin.. can anyone relate to my problem? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

It could be dry skin either. Try changing shampoo and see does that work. Moisturiser after a shower then and see does that help! Some shampoos make my scalp itchy but never all over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I've recently bought the moogoo range shampoo and conditioner. Honestly best purchase in ages. Perfumed shampoos really irritate my skin.

Worth a try imo.

It's around €11 a bottle but they are quite big.

The protein shot leave in conditioner is just fab too.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

The Elave range is very good, am currently using their shampoo, no sls's perfumes etc. On offer in Boots at the moment too for €5 something

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I would rub a little of the shampoo on the inside of your arm and wait to see if there is a reaction, if there is then look at all the ingredients and make sure they don't appear in the next brand that you decide to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What shower gel and shampoo do you use?
    If it's original source mint shower gel or head and shoulders shampoo then I'd say they're the guilty culprit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

As said above, avoid minty/tea tree shampoos and shower gels, they leave my scalp so itchy so it could be a sensitivity. Try baby shampoo like Johnson's or something like Simple that has no fragrance or heavy chemicals.

Your skin could be dehydrated so it might help to get a good moisturiser that contains Hyaluronic acid or Glycerine. You can buy pure Glycerine in beauty supply shops like Sallys and add it to your moisturiser or mix it with water in a spray bottle and spritz your skin.
    Glycerine is a natural moisturiser that helps your skin retain water.

Palmers cocoa butter is great for dry skin and Elave do some great ones too although theyre much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

DON'T use Johnsons baby shampoo. It's very alkaline, the same pH as perm lotion! It causes more cradle cap problems...!

(The pH is the same as your tears so that's why it's advertised as 'no cry')

It's the worst shampoo you can use on your hair.

Most high street shampoos contain much harsher detergents than the higher quality salon shampoos such as Pureology.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AshleySawyer

Try Tresemme shampoo. That shampoo was perfect for me.

Advertisement