Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Meal

Options
  • 09-02-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hello all

We're hoping to have a sit-down meal after our child's christening in a few months. About 30 people, pretty much 50/50 between adults and kids. Based in Maynooth but happy to travel to surrounding towns if the fit is right. Given the numbers we're probably talking about a private function room. Ideally something that won't cost the earth but will consider anything for a good experience.

Thanks,
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You've a few options in Maynooth. The raised area in Brady's Lounge would easily fit that number and I've seen it reserved for christenings before. O'Neills may open upstairs for a private function. Both would reserve areas free so you just pay for food and drink. The Glenroyal have smaller rooms that cater for different size parties but afaik they charge for the rooms. The Avenue and Bistro 53 do good value early birds and if you're booking well enough in advance may well be able to get catered for in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,884 ✭✭✭✭L1011

McMahons snug would just about fit that number also, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Becketts in Leixlip is lovely. Probably mid €20's per head for adults for 3 course meal. Not sure if would suit 15 kids running around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Stonehaven open up for Christenings, beside the church, and is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

L1011 wrote: »
    McMahons snug would just about fit that number also, I think.

I did consider that but I thought it would be quite tight - especially if half of them are kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

A friend of mine had her christening in the function room at Weston airport. They were happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭davidm25

thanks everyone for the suggestions and comments - much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I had my son's christening in the celbridge manor, they have a small function room off the main bar with 3 big round tables, and a bar also. They give you options with the food, set menu (you choose the options) or finger food) with that option you would have to pay €150 for the room, not with the set menu option. They also have option to order off the carvery menu which is what we did.
    Honestly it was so nice, I could not recommend it enough, I loved that we were in our own private space, it wasn't too big like some function rooms where 30 people would be lost in, the food was fantastic and the staff could not be more helpful. We had the same numbers as you, and it was great for the children too, as they could play away and we didn't have to worry about them getting in people's way as we were in our own room, ideal. They have a lovely children's menu also, and provide colouring books for all the children. You can decorate the room, store cake in kitchen, the works.
    Definitely recommend you check them out.
    Oh and I just wanted 2 courses with option of starter and main or main and desert, and they created a menu for me stating this. Very helpful. There's a TV in the room also for anything you want to watch too.
    Hope this helps you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭davidm25

Thanks you very much Coopaloop, this is one that I was interested in for the reasons you mentioned. It's very helpful to get this account. Will take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

davidm25 wrote: »
    Thanks you very much Coopaloop, this is one that I was interested in for the reasons you mentioned. It's very helpful to get this account. Will take a look.

Do, I really could not recommend it enough.
    We had a fantastic day there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Barberstown Castle is ten minutes away, and can be really excellent.

Advertisement