Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda stage 2 waiting on results

• 09-02-2017 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi guys thought I'd make a thread where anybody in the same situation as me can chat. I done my stage 2 on Monday and after getting the briefing from the sergeant up In chapter house it's only given me more a want for this job fingers crossed we get trew to stage 3 the waiting is in absolute killer. Would love to just know already even if it was bad news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Hi guys thought I'd make a thread where anybody in the same situation as me can chat. I done my stage 2 on Monday and after getting the briefing from the sergeant up In chapter house it's only given me more a want for this job fingers crossed we get trew to stage 3 the waiting is in absolute killer. Would love to just know already even if it was bad news

How did it go for you , was there any surprises
    I've mine next week oh I just want to be done with aptitude tests ha !

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

It was okay i was happy enough sure i made several mistakes but once i do enough to get over the line id be fierce happy. Very hard to not get hopes up incase im unsuccesfull but the wait is a killer,best of luck with your exam hope it goes well for you

It was okay i was happy enough sure i made several mistakes but once i do enough to get over the line id be fierce happy. Very hard to not get hopes up incase im unsuccesfull but the wait is a killer,best of luck with your exam hope it goes well for you

I had mine yesterday and I did the same, a few mistakes in the report writing as it was so quick !
    Hopefully I've done enough to pass it . Yeah the wait is a killer , any idea when the results will be out ??

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    I had mine yesterday and I did the same, a few mistakes in the report writing as it was so quick !
    Hopefully I've done enough to pass it . Yeah the wait is a killer , any idea when the results will be out ??

We were told a month after you do the test results will be out. Yeah i was told its okay if you miss a small bit of info once you get a good chunk of it for report writing,hopefully we done enough best of luck with it anyway.

We were told a month after you do the test results will be out. Yeah i was told its okay if you miss a small bit of info once you get a good chunk of it for report writing,hopefully we done enough best of luck with it anyway.

Yeah hopefully! Oh I hate this waiting game ,you to pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 DuffsC

Hi guys just wondering did ye get yer results today? Hope ye got wat ye wer hoping..

Yep i passed happy out order of merit is in 1200s so wondering will this effect my chances ?says im due to do interview in april how did you get on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuffsC

Yep i passed happy out order of merit is in 1200s so wondering will this effect my chances ?says im due to do interview in april how did you get on ?

I'm the same in around the 1000s aswell, says mid to late March for Interview.. I dunno where we stand as in chance wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cork89

Did you get a date for interview ? My oom is 1166, was told my interview would be mid to late April still haven't heard anything

Cork89 wrote: »
    Did you get a date for interview ? My oom is 1166, was told my interview would be mid to late April still haven't heard anything

No not yet mate I think you get about 2 weeks notice so we should be expecting to hear in next week or two I think that's not to say ours won't be early May waiting is a killer isinit !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Sorry to ask something not totally related to this thread, but I still haven't got where the stages 2 and 3 are held. In Dublin, perhaps? Or in Templemore?

I don't live in Ireland, so I hope it's in some place easy to reach from an airport

Stage 2 and 3 are held in Chapter House in Dublin 5 mins from o'connell street easily get there from the airport by bus

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Stage 2 and 3 are held in Chapter House in Dublin 5 mins from o'connell street easily get there from the airport by bus
    Thank you very much! It's a relief (if I pass stage 1, of course)

Oruam wrote: »
    Thank you very much! It's a relief (if I pass stage 1, of course)

No bother to yah best of luck.

Advertisement