Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM never gave me the money but it was taken out of account

Options
  • 09-02-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I used an atm at my local shop this morning. I put in card and pin and tried to take out 40 euro, however, a message then came up on the screen saying 'out of order'. I later checked my banking online and saw that the 40 euro had been taken out of my account even though I had not received the money. Will the money be automatically put back into my account or what should I do? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Quaso wrote: »
    Hi, I used an atm at my local shop this morning. I put in card and pin and tried to take out 40 euro, however, a message then came up on the screen saying 'out of order'. I later checked my banking online and saw that the 40 euro had been taken out of my account even though I had not received the money. Will the money be automatically put back into my account or what should I do? Thanks
    I have a BOI account and this happened me recently. I tried 3 ATMs and
    couldn't get cash. Was trying to get €200. Checked BOI online and €200 was gone from my account. Rang them and it happens a lot apparently. Was told the money would return in a few days which it did. Advice was to only use BOI ATMs if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Quaso

Ok, that's good, thanks a mill for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Quaso wrote: »
    Hi Quaso,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

As correctly mentioned by gimli2112, this should adjust back onto your account as soon as the ATM balances. Depending on which ATM you've used it can take a few days. If it doesn't correct you can send a query through Service Desk Ask a Question on 365 Online and an adviser will be happy to raise an ATM query to request a refund.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Quaso

Ok thanks

Advertisement