Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CI Renewal Invite

Options
  • 09-02-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Got a strange e-mail apparently from Cycling Ireland the other day inviting me to renew my membership.

I have never been a member.

It read a bit like a phishing attempt, as links to register were shortened URLs, but on checking they did link to the real Cycling Ireland registration page.

Presumably they got my details from either Triathlon Ireland, or the only Sportive I have entered (SK Tour of Waterford).

Anyone else get the same mail?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The sportive and your one day license would be the only logical link. Maybe drop them a mail and ask them to be removed from the list, although it is weird you just getting one this year. I would say to log in and see can you see last years license but that said, it could be phishing as well, just really well done, I would ignore myself.

Advertisement