Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premises suitable for teaching Pilates Classes?

• 09-02-2017 4:53pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine is currently qualifying as a Pilates instructor and will soon be going out on her own doing classes. The dream is to open a studio but that's down the line. For starters she needs to find a location where she can use while she builds a client base.

I'm told people often use places like community centres and church halls, possibly even rent space in certain gyms or leisure centres etc. Would anyone have any suggestions for where she should look to find somewhere suitable?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Zascar wrote: »
    Would anyone have any suggestions for where she should look to find somewhere suitable?

We don't know where in south Dublin she would like to run these classes but haven't you already answered the question...
    ...... community centres and church halls, possibly even rent space in certain gyms or leisure centres etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

She's open to anywhere in South Dublin really. Preferably east side rather than west - anywhere as far as the city. What I gave above was examples just hoping someone can point me in the direction of something more specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I have seen banners advertising pilates classes in Oatlands School. I would suggest asking nearby schools who would have gyms etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tell her to check out parish websites, look to see what type of activities are taking place in the parish centre, that will give her an idea if there are rooms suitable for her classes and there will be contact details for renting a room. Obviously they will require her to be fully insured.

There's already a physio doing Pilates in the Foxrock parish centre .....

http://www.parishcentre.ie/users.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

GAA clubs usually have hall to rent, shen might get a few clients from the club too to kick things off. Holistic centers are another option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

coylemj wrote: »
    Tell her to check out parish websites, look to see what type of activities are taking place in the parish centre, that will give her an idea if there are rooms suitable for her classes and there will be contact details for renting a room.

Thanks that's a good idea. I just did a google for Pilates + Parish and there are loads already active around Dublin! So it seems its fairly well established. I don't think she'll have a problem building a client base. Finding somewhere more permanent might be a little harder.

The Muppet wrote: »
    GAA clubs usually have hall to rent, shen might get a few clients from the club too to kick things off. Holistic centers are another option.

Thanks, also a good idea. Yes getting clients from the existing place would be great.

A friend in work told who does Mixed Martial Arts told me Pilates is really goof for MMA and Jujitsu - and some big gyms are even bringing in their own instructors. Possibly doing classes in a gym would also be good for the ready made list of clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Check out Slimming Worlds site for your nearest group. Then you can see an area that has a hall you might be able to use

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/joining-a-group/nearest-group.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thanks that's a good idea. I just did a google for Pilates + Parish and there are loads already active around Dublin! So it seems its fairly well established. I don't think she'll have a problem building a client base. Finding somewhere more permanent might be a little harder.

this is in Killiney, but they might have some availability www.carrycentre.ie

Advertisement