Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

curly hair products

Options
  • 09-02-2017 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

I've spent years straightening my hair with GHD. Despite this I still have a decent curl left. I'm considering hanging up the GHD for awhile and leave the curls to it. Only thing is my hair is quite dry so it needs help to keep the curls curly. Mouse just makes it look wet and hard.
    Any styling product recommendations. Want to avoid the wet look. Prefer the soft dry curly look.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Search for the "curly girl method" online and you'll find buckets of advice.

Look for products that are SLS free, try conditioner only washing. Curly hair is drier than most hair and requires moisture

I've used Boots pink curl creme (super cheap) to achieve lovely spirally curls. For my hair I have to put it in when sopping wet and then towel dry and use a diffuser. If you use too much it can be crunchy so it's a matter of trial and error.

My holy grail of hair products is Redken's Curvaceous Full Swirl hair creme. I need about two pumps for shoulder length hair and I get fantastic results. It's expensive but a 150ml tube lasts at least six months. I don't particularly rate the accompanying shampoo and conditioner. You can buy it on lookfantastic and keep an eye out for offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I tend to use 2 products over and over again: One is a cream by OGX called "Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream". The second is "Dream curls" by Frizz Ease, I spray it on wet hair and leave to air dry. Both leave my curls soft without that sticky hard feeling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I use the frizz ease dream curls spray too and also add some Moroccan oil, all while hair is wet. I usually leave my hair to dry naturally.

Advertisement