Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second PIP, feeling somewhat bullied

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Update !! Supervisor has confided to me that the manager is going through each call I get during the day and only picking the ones she finds "bad " to review ,thinking of visiting a solicitor tomorrow and taking it to a tribunal , I couldn't figure out for ages how I was failing every call she listened to

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Update !! Supervisor has confided to me that the manager is going through each call I get during the day and only picking the ones she finds "bad " to review ,thinking of visiting a solicitor tomorrow and taking it to a tribunal , I couldn't figure out for ages how I was failing every call she listened to

If you are dealing with calls in a way that can be classed as "bad" you'd not have much chance in a tribunal/legal case if they used that as a defence for why you were on a pip etc.

Are you planning on suing them while you work there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

But the ones that are "bad" are the only ones she needs to talk to you about, as stheno posted, the calls are recorded and there as evidence. Are there performance issues with these calls? If there are, it undermines your case.

She's picking calls that would have nothing to do with my pip as in she's finding calls about let's say a tech issue and then I would pass it to a tech department and she has been failing me on such calls even though I have no way of fixing it , say a customer calls saying my WiFi isn't working and so I 'll say sorry to hear that one minute and I 'll pass you to a colleague , ... She then 'll review this and Mark it saying I didn't upsell etc.... When there is clearly no chance of doing so

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

She's picking calls that would have nothing to do with my pip as in she's finding calls about let's say a tech issue and then I would pass it to a tech department and she has been failing me on such calls even though I have no way of fixing it , say a customer calls saying my WiFi isn't working and so I 'll say sorry to hear that one minute and I 'll pass you to a colleague , ... She then 'll review this and Mark it saying I didn't upsell etc.... When there is clearly no chance of doing so

Well then I'd suggest that you escalate to the Operations manager/HR in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭vetinari

The manager definitely has it out for you at this point. Best to contact a solicitor regards this.
    Still worth talking to the operations manager but you might find that managers might close ranks to protect each other in these cases.

Not back until next week I took a holiday week off due to stress , I'm going to call my solicitor tomorrow and explain which is sad as I really do love the work place in general

Not back until next week I took a holiday week off due to stress , I'm going to call my solicitor tomorrow and explain which is sad as I really do love the work place in general

What good exactly do you think contacting a solicitor will do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Stheno wrote:

Maybe communications workers union would be a better start. They can represent you in meetings.

Maybe communications workers union would be a better start. They can represent you in meetings.

Maybe the OPs company don't recognise unions?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote:

Because I'm being unfaiy treated and maybe a solicitor getting in touch can give the manager a glimpse of how serious I am taking this if she doesn't stop that's why ... All I want is to be left do my job in peace , not being reviewed on calls that are not even supposed to be reviewed the manager is just looking for a way to fire me , even by means of making up her own rules

Because I'm being unfaiy treated and maybe a solicitor getting in touch can give the manager a glimpse of how serious I am taking this if she doesn't stop that's why ... All I want is to be left do my job in peace , not being reviewed on calls that are not even supposed to be reviewed the manager is just looking for a way to fire me , even by means of making up her own rules

Pointless imo.

You may end up leaving with a case for constructive dismissal, but for now you've not got much from a legal point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Stheno wrote:
    Maybe the OPs company don't recognise unions?

She can still bring in a union rep with her to the meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

Have you approached HR again. Id be doing that before any solicitor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Have to be honest OP, solicitor will be absolutely no use to you in this situation. You're not there long enough. They could just let you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Unless your solicitor is knowledgeable about employment law, there is a chance this will get worse rather than better. An independent HR firm is a better bet. I know this from experience, I'm an employer and when two of my employees fell out with each other a couple of years ago it led to a huge problem for me. One got a solicitor involved, he was a complete moron, I had to hire an independent HR firm to deal with the two of them, the one with the solicitor ended up getting extremely poor advice and lost her job and I have no doubt ended up paying a huge fee for the bad legal advice she received. Don't assume your everyday solicitor knows the intricacies of employment law, it's bread and butter for top HR professionals, the one I hired chewed up the solicitor. The irony is, the employee was excellent and I wanted her to stay but her course of action made that impossible as in the end she came across as the bullying party.

Mods can this be deleted as I 've received enough help thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Closed on request of OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement