Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of extension and renovation

Options
  • 09-02-2017 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

We have an older house which we are renovating and extending. We are just finalising our plans with our architect now. The house is currently 1400sq foot, and we are adding 1000 sq foot onto it. It is a two storey and we are extending out the back and to one side on two storeys. It will also need to be rewired, plumbed etc....

I'm getting a bit worried about costs. We had told our architect that our budget was in / around 250K, but I'm now not sure if this is realistic. He has told us it is but I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience and thinks this is reasonable?

Also do you get quotes from builders before planning or after. My understanding is you get quotes while waiting for planning. Don't want to have planning approved and then realise we can't afford the build!

The house is located in north west Ireland.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement