Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to Drill and tap Benelli M2

Options
  • 09-02-2017 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Guys,

Want to mount a picatinny rail on my Benelli M2 receiver. I'm in Cork. Who'd do it a) well and b) quickly?

Don't want to be without the gun for long.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Dom Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00146sm4305/benelli-nova-12-gauge-saddle-mount-with-picatinny-rail
    Not everyones cuppa,but they do work and are removeable if you dont like the look of it without buggering up scope zero.Have one on my Remmmy 100 ,So I know they work.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

Grizz,

How exactly do they mount? The Nova has a differing receiver set up to the M2 as far as I can tell from looking at pictures. I take it that the two pins in the saddle to which you refer go through the receiver of the Nova? Looking at my M2 they don't appear to line up.

Take a look and see if you see what I mean?

Correct .They replace the two pins that hold the trigger mechanism in place,with a hex bolt head and nut.[On B Square that is] I just took that picture as an example of what is possible for Benelli.Hmmm it seems B square doesn't make one for the M2 :(But Aimtech makes them for the following..So if your reciver pin pattern is compatible you are in luck.
    Benelli M-1 Super 90 12 gauge

Benelli M1S90 Close Quarters Battle

Benelli Montefeltro 12 gauge

Benelli Super Black Eagle

Benelli Nova 12 gauge
    [Have a funny feeling the black eagle is M2 compatible?]
    Benelli M2 tactical
    If you have a rib on the gun there is a RIB rider mount made by Aim Tech too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Reliance precision In Bandon.

'hdz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

hedzball wrote: »
    Reliance precision In Bandon.

'hdz
    Thanks

Also, do I have to give specs to whomever does the job? i.e. measurements for holes etc? As I don't know them and assumed whomever would do the job would. Am I assuming too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭sharkfox

If you do get a saddle mount put some duct tape underneath it on either side, it'll stop it scraping the finish.

Thanks

Also, do I have to give specs to whomever does the job? i.e. measurements for holes etc? As I don't know them and assumed whomever would do the job would. Am I assuming too much?

You'll need to get a bit of picitinny rail from someplace[Brownells is a good place to start] that is the appropriate length of the reciver.They are usually drilled out every 2? inches.It becomes an academic and pretty easy job after that.IF you have the correct equipment and know how!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Thanks

It would be illegal for them to do it as they are not an RFD.

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

It would be illegal for them to do it as they are not an RFD.

While not in Cork, try Enda Walsh in Dungarvan

GH

Must have been illegal for a long time because every gun that came out of a certain WELL KNOWN rfd that closed in Bandon a few months back went there.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

hedzball wrote: »
    Must have been illegal for a long time because every gun that came out of a certain WELL KNOWN rfd that closed in Bandon a few months back went there.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Its always been illegal :P

Advertisement