Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple 4g Sims, one static public IP

• 09-02-2017 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have come across netcelero who can offer this buts its quite expensive, is there an alternative?

Essentially looking for a modem that can take 2+ 4g Sims that will in primary and failover wan but presents as a single static public IP. Must also allow port forwarding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't see the logic in any of that? If one 4G SIM fails why wouldn't the other? How would you get the same IP address for SIMs from different providers? For example if vodafones 4G failed in your area you'd want to change to say three's 4G to have working failover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The way to do this is tunneling.

1. Setup a VPS with a fixed address
    2. Host VPN there
    3. Connect LB LTE router to it and direct all traffic there

Then the public address of the LTE site doesnt matter as the VPS remains constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kensingtondell

@ED E - Are you saying you can set up your own?

@Aph2016 - Did you go with netcelero in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes. For about €5-8 /mo. Linode or OVH are decent as are many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kensingtondell

Thanks for that.

Would you have any links to any tutorials to set up all after I get the VPS set up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement