Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embrocation Cream

Options
  • 09-02-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good embrocation cream for the early season races or is the extra layers a better option?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Steady on - we'll be on to shaving legs and stuff at this rate....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Poitin mixed with some olive oil in a spray bottle, be grand, works for greyhounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

I use mix of oil and cream. The DZ nuts stuff is pretty good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I would have thought a light extra layer would be better. Is there not a risk of the embrocation cream causing you to lose alot of body heat on a cold day as you wait around for the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Horse Balm or Winter Green
    can't go wrong. in your local pharmacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Homer1798

Sports Palm available in some bike shops works, warms the muscles and repels the rain. rub it i well so it's not just warming the skin, and wash the hands well (or clean with a baby wipe) before ya go for a pee. :eek: In races where it's raining on and off I find it much better than extra layers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Planet X have lots of options for you to choose from for reasonable money. This one http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HNQMHOTEM/qm-hot-embrocation-warming-lotion goes on and rubs in well and smells great, above all, it's nice and warming. There are two strengths to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Half and half wintergreen and poitin

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

shaka wrote: »

Do you make your own poutin?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

shaka wrote: »

What is winter green?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka