Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugoet 207 petrol 1.4. Oil warning light flashing stop

• 10-02-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

had this with 06 peugoet 207. every now and again it would flash up on middle consol dash stop low oil pressure. Initially there was no engine wear noise, the oil was good filter changed. I was told by my mechanic it was bad electrics even changed the oil switch. took off the sump small bit of wear on oil pump. cleaned it out. after few weeks engine noise started the cam shaft was gone from oil starvation. had to put in new engine. so don't listen when they tell you oh its fine its only peugoet electrics. don't drive it. there is a guy cane or kane in ballymont near the old maxol petrol pumps who if he catches the problem early can in some cases fix it. i only found this guy when the engine was gone. the problem seems to be oil blockage in engine somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

The blockage is caused by the centre of certain spurious oil filters breaking off and going down into the filter housing after tightening the oil filter cap.
    If one is lucky it can be fished out without removing the whole housing.
    We have seen 2 Peugeots with the 1.4 engine with this issue the past month or two.

Advertisement