Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athy GAA Development

Options
  • 10-02-2017 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

What do people think? Are they are getting done? I could be wrong on all this detail mind but I've heard it was 13 acres and 7 acres are to be given to the developer and only 6 for the GAA themselves. And for what, why is the developer involved at all, what are they bringing to the table at all? Money to lay a pitch is surely small and viable through grants and fundraising surely? Why would you give away more than half your site to a developer?

I'm not saying its dodgy, again I don't know the in's and out's of it all but on the face of it, it sounds like the developer is laughing all the way to the bank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

I've never known any gaa club to negotiate a bad deal.

If its the 13 acres that were sold a short while ago, then its worth about 35k an acre.

Laying a proper pitch and adding floodlights is not cheap.

I'm not from the area, but know people who are and general consensus is the club did very well

Advertisement