Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle cage holder removal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Seadin

Using which method?

Sorry guys I meant to add,

After having a think about it, I decided to cut the bottle cage holder (as I would only be throwing it away anyway) and then had full access to the bolts.

Once I had cut the bottle cage holder I removed it from the bike. Then with great care i used a vice grip just enough to get bolts loose and they came off fine then. Glad I got them out, and frame still perfect and undamaged ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Seadin wrote: »
    Sorry guys I meant to add,

After having a think about it, I decided to cut the bottle cage holder (as I would only be throwing it away anyway) and then had full access to the bolts.

Once I had cut the bottle cage holder I removed it from the bike. Then with great care i used a vice grip just enough to get bolts loose and they came off fine then. Glad I got them out, and frame still perfect and undamaged ;)

Preferred my version :D

Advertisement