Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Co.Louth Motor Tax Office Records

Options
  • 10-02-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the County Counsils keep the original motor vehicle records in an archive or would off of this data of been moved and stored centrally or destroyed? Looking for info on a 1950's vehicle from Louth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

It can vary from county-to-county. For example, Kildare County Council keep old vehicle records in the County Library in Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭type85

Thanks Silvera, i might just ring Louth CoCo and see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Let us know the result please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

the big record books used to be there for viewing in the archives office by appointment but because of ringing etc they are not anymore always takes someone to spoil it for everyone, i saw the books years ago you could spend weeks looking at them, but by all means try them & let us know what they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

One month ago I rang LCC and got a very helpful lady. I enquired about a particular car which was for sale ,1950.. she emailed archives and ,their reply was, yes we still have this file, if proof can be supplied, garage letter, and solicitor, new old style tax book will be issued. With me as the first owner, now obviously ,not 1950. Very helpful lady. I assume that if no file available, it meant that the car and file made its way to some other county

• Advertisement
Advertisement