Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arms

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got Arms yesterday, I've to play the thing!
    Cidonalad had a good go at it and has loved it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

This is a fantastic game. The unlockables are a nice incentive to customise the fighters, and the fighting itself is a lot deeper than it looks. Really enjoying it, though I can see my pro controller going out the window from frustration playing online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Yay I finally have Arms!

Played about an hour great game but very tiring

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just played my first post Test Punch Arms and it was a blast!
    A quick easy Grand Prix followed by a little online series of battles, win/loss running at 60% to me, happy days!
    Good fun.
    Well done Nintendo, another success on the scale of Splatoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i really suck at this game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

100k debut for Arms in Japan which is a good start. Almost beat tekken 7 and street fighter 5 launches combined apparently.

I'm more interested in seeing the Switch hardware sales this week. They've been hovering ~25,000 for the past 6 weeks or thereabouts. The Japanese companies have been messing up their fighters lately. I was listening to GoNintendo's podcast last night and they said the new Marvel vs Capcom game is supposed to look awful and a lot of people aren't happy about it. They picked out Dante and especially Chun Li specifically. So now I'm off to see what they're talking about.

Edit: Confirmed, they sure do look different and not in a good way either.
    chjnjzydomsa3mgh3d8h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Dear god, what if they've given her normal-proportioned legs? It's an outrage!

Saw that image floating around earlier in the week but didn't realise what it was from. Chun Li looks like an annoying child sidekick from an unreleased Crow sequel. The other guy... (Dant??)...whats the problem? He looked **** before, now he's just a different texture of **** but at least he's left handed. It's a step up!

In my mind, Marvel vs Capcom will always be giant primary coloured sprites. When did it go 3D, and why aren't we getting it? Will the muted response on other platforms lead to an olive branch being offered to Ninty in the form of MH:XX getting localised for the US and Arms getting any stretchy-limbed viables (E.Honda, Chun Li with foot-gloves and of course Dhalsim!) as DLC? Am I letting my inherent gaming optimism get the better of me again?

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm more interested in seeing the Switch hardware sales this week. They've been hovering ~25,000 for the past 6 weeks or thereabouts.

Almost 38k. Although Famitsu have Switch at nearly 50k. I don't know who's more reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That's really good sales in Japan for Arms, will be interesting to see what the US sales are like as well. UK are a notoriously low market for Nintendo so with a new IP, and in the fighting genre, it was never going to do big numbers but still did ok. It's a really great game and it deserves to do well, hopefully the content keeps flowing over the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Still getting my ass handed to me but have got better.... nearly as bad as puyo but not quite.

The thing I'm struggling most with is the computer on level 4 ....no way near being able to beat it.. at this rate I'm never getting into the ranked battles lol no

I suppose the thing about Nintendo IP over other systems content is the focus on producing a product for the lifespan of the format.

Certainly, no annual purchases, we will probably see what we saw with MK8 and SSB with free updates and dlc refreshing content.

So, the sales of Arms will likely continue for the lifespan of the device, as it did with the various other major releases across Nintendo formats in the past.

Also have yet to see the impact, if any, in ESports, where Arms may do well, further adding prestige to the new brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm really enjoying this but my arms are not :pac:

played another hour of online last night

some people are incredibly good at this

God damn it. Delivery last night didn't happen, and the revised ETA is somewhere between now and next thursday. What is the point in pre-ordering online.... it's not even Assendia, it's An Post... Booooooo, Amazon. Boo!

(And before you ask, yes I did choose super saver, but that should mean I get it by tomorrow at the latest. Yes I know it's not tomorrow yet. Stop interfering with my unrighteous indignation!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Banjo wrote: »
    God damn it. Delivery last night didn't happen, and the revised ETA is somewhere between now and next thursday. What is the point in pre-ordering online.... it's not even Assendia, it's An Post... Booooooo, Amazon. Boo!

(And before you ask, yes I did choose super saver, but that should mean I get it by tomorrow at the latest. Yes I know it's not tomorrow yet. Stop interfering with my unrighteous indignation!)

I think Assendia pass it to An Post?
    With Mario Kart 8 I got a tracking number for An Post on dispatch but it wouldn't register on their site for about a month, as Assendia had lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I think Assendia pass it to An Post?
    With Mario Kart 8 I got a tracking number for An Post on dispatch but it wouldn't register on their site for about a month, as Assendia had lost it.

Hi all,
    Anyone know what size ARMS is if I were to download it via the eShop? Has anyone here gone fully digital in terms of all the games they have?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Anyone know what size ARMS is if I were to download it via the eShop? Has anyone here gone fully digital in terms of all the games they have?

Thanks,
    M

2.2gb. I just downloaded it this morning.

Its also only €47 for a download code on Amazon Japan if you fancy saving 13 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Just bough a few Nintendo Co Ltd NTO:GR FRANKFURT shares this morning on the back of ARMS sales.

Shares were €125.20 this time last year, now €302.

Up from €241.90 this month alone.

Hoping for a great Christmas.

2.2gb. I just downloaded it this morning.

Its also only ?47 for a download code on Amazon Japan if you fancy saving 13 quid.

That's tiny in fairness.....tempted! Will the Amazon Japan code give me the game in Japanese? Don't think I'm into seeing all those weird characters on the screen?

Thanks

• Advertisement

If you don't like seeing weird characters on screen, you bought the wrong console! Amiritefolks?? Badum tish!

The game defaults to whatever language your system is set at. There is a few steps to take in order to buy it though, took me about ten mins.

And you get 500yen off splatoon 2 for your troubles as well, which brings that down to €42 :)

The game defaults to whatever language your system is set at. There is a few steps to take in order to buy it though, took me about ten mins.

And you get 500yen off splatoon 2 for your troubles as well, which brings that down to ?42 :)

Nice! I am even more tempted now! Will be selling Street Fighter this evening, played it feck all since buying it and I think the money will be much better spent on Arms!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Can you straight enter the Amazon.Jp e-code into your European account? Or do you need to set up a Japan region account also? (or switch regions then enter, then switch back?)

I switched to Japan on myNintendo - opened eshop on my main account and redeemed code - switched back to Ireland on myNintendo.

Your NNID does unlink when you switch regions but it's very easy to link it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

wooohoo ranked matches here i come :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    Clueless Gamer: "ARMS" With Will Arnett - CONAN on TBS

Where is the setting in Arms that allows for 3 second rounds? I must have missed that one.

Hardly a good showcase for the game, in fairness.

Still a funny video though. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement