Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather conditions Sally/Wicklow Gaps tomorrow Satruday 10th Feb

Options
  • 10-02-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I'm going to be up in Wicklow tomorrow and I am planning a cycle around the Sally and Wicklow Gaps. With the forecast of maybe icy conditions tomorrow do people think it will be okay to cycle up there. I'm not from around there so I don't know what the conditions are like there now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

I'd wait for a better day, not much fun descending a mountain when it's -3C ice or no ice

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Still sub-zero early morning tomorrow, and if you're coming from Dublin you'll be into the wind on your way home which will make for a tough old day. While its been relatively dry, I wouldn't be surprised to see some ice up there too tomorrow, particularly early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

I'm going to be up in Wicklow tomorrow and I am planning a cycle around the Sally and Wicklow Gaps. With the forecast of maybe icy conditions tomorrow do people think it will be okay to cycle up there. I'm not from around there so I don't know what the conditions are like there now.

hi, no, not a chance. Would be dumb to even try.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

Thanks for the responses, best to leave it so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement