Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference between ARB Links and ARB Stabilisers

• 10-02-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi lads,

My car failed NCT due to ARB bushes and links. It's a 1L 00 VW Lupo. I had a look at Micks garage, and all I can see there is an ARB Link, or ARB Stabiliser (which looks exactly the same as the link).

Can someone explain what is the difference between a link and stabiliser? Also on eBay I found this type of a ARB Link which is different to the one on Micks garage. Is that because it's a different model? Although it does fit the engine size, plus the year. Can someone please explain, I'm bit lost.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Anti roll bar links and anti roll bar stabiliser's have what are called bushings. Sometimes they are incorporated into the part, and other times they can be replaced without having to renew the whole part.

main-qimg-cd64c9bdc0162f6f43c2945112f716d8

For example in the pic you can see the sway bar links (ARB links).
    They have the rubber bushing incorporated into the part. When they fail the whole part gets replaced and they aren't too expensive.

The sway bar bushings (ARB Stabiliser), they are rubber bushings, there's 2 of them and they get replaced as a pair.

It can be tricky for the mechanic to replace them (ARB Stabiliser bushings) as there are some body parts to remove to access them.

Just bring the fail sheet to your mechanic and he'll know what needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 angello90

Hal1 thanks for the explanation.

I am sorted for mechanic, that's not a problem, but wanted to know beforehand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY effort, moved out to main forum.

Advertisement