Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approval in Principle Letter

Options
  • 10-02-2017 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I received an approval in principle letter from AIB. The application was made online and all the details i put in were in order and maybe understated my finances if anything.

Question is . Can i now make an offer on a house ?

Or is there more i have to do ?

I haven't phyiscally provided AIB the details of my application but it's noted i also need to provide the details of the property when im doing that.

That would indicate to me i have to find my house 1st and then go to the bank.

Im a first time buyer if it isnt too obvious ha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

That would indicate to me i have to find my house 1st and then go to the bank.

Im a first time buyer if it isnt too obvious ha

Its a bit of a cart before the horse scenario sometimes.

Generally, you get mortgage approved on a property of similar value to what you have budgeted for. You then go house shopping and the mortgage approval gets transferred from your "holding property" to the one you bid on.

Pretty much the only way of getting around estate agents who insist on mortgage approval prior to accepting a bid because banks won't give mortgage approival unless its on an actual property!!! The entire thing is out of sync.

Advertisement