Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

• 10-02-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Thought I'd create this thread for any of us that are hoping to be offered a place in the may intake. Have everything done myself and I'm predicting offers to be out around Paddy's day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

is it not april and then sept?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Depotdoc

is it not april and then sept?

Next intakes are May, August and November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

I was gonna start this thread but thought I'd get murdered hahahaha!! Reckon offers out mid March too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

I'll check in here as well fingers crossed 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

DooraGirl wrote: »
    I was gonna start this thread but thought I'd get murdered hahahaha!! Reckon offers out mid March too :)
    I would say you are right as they need to give applicants the chance to give at least a months notice in their place of work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Offers will be out by Paddys Day at the latest..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

rocky911 wrote: »
    Offers will be out by Paddys Day at the latest..
    Paddy's day gives people 6 weeks notice - has this been the norm to date? I was under the impression that 4 weeks was the typical notice period?

kfitzerp wrote: »
    Paddy's day gives people 6 weeks notice - has this been the norm to date? I was under the impression that 4 weeks was the typical notice period?

It gives a months notice to first induction week starting 18th of April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

EXCELLENT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Anyone here still without a date for medical hoping to get into the May intake or would that be possible? Was told it would be more likely August for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Anyone here still without a date for medical hoping to get into the May intake or would that be possible? Was told it would be more likely August for us

AlisonT123 wrote: »

Possibly if you have had pct already and met super and sergeant, if not I would think more likely August

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Depotdoc wrote: »
    Thought I'd create this thread for any of us that are hoping to be offered a place in the may intake. Have everything done myself and I'm predicting offers to be out around Paddy's day.

Great more guards coming to stand at checkpoints and screw people for having their tax out of date by a few days. Dont think the majority of the public have much respect left for guards you will be dissapointed if you think differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Possibly if you have had pct already and met super and sergeant, if not I would think more likely August

I'm starting to think that it's looking like August for me now at this stage. The maths doesn't add up for May now. Everything is just moving so slowly it's literally unbelievable to think I started this in 2015 :pac:

Anyone know what the date of starting is in August?

audi12 wrote: »
    Great more guards coming to stand at checkpoints and screw people for having their tax out of date by a few days.

Firstly you have 2 months to get your car tax in order, not 'a few days' as you put it.

Secondly, post that in the motors forum and see if you come back alive.

Thirdly, The more checkpoints the better to keep the loons off the road, generally if you do not have tax on your car you tent to not give a **** about other important things like insurance/NCT or generally following the rules of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

TallGlass wrote: »
    Firstly you have 2 months to get your car tax in order, not 'a few days' as you put it.

Secondly, post that in the motors forum and see if you come back alive.

Thirdly, The more checkpoints the better to keep the loons off the road, generally if you do not have tax on your car you tent to not give a **** about other important things like insurance/NCT or generally following the rules of the road.

Well said, once you keep your car up to date, you will have no problem with the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Still waiting to meet my Super,was told it would be in December have everything else done, rang the station last week and was told i would get a call (Last week)...never did!Would ringing PAS be any help does anyone know?

Cheers.

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Still waiting to meet my Super,was told it would be in December have everything else done, rang the station last week and was told i would get a call (Last week)...never did!Would ringing PAS be any help does anyone know?

Garda HQ sorry not PAS ha:rolleyes:

Garda HQ sorry not PAS ha:rolleyes:

Give your district office a ring, they'll be of more help than the station number, you can find the number on the garda website or tell me your district and i'll post it here for you

I'm starting to think that it's looking like August for me now at this stage. The maths doesn't add up for May now. Everything is just moving so slowly it's literally unbelievable to think I started this in 2015 :pac:

Keep positive, it could happen yet as seems to be movement this week. I can understand your frustration and think it would be so useful if there was a way to check progress and that would give a good indication and allow planning holidays and life in general. You have the patience of a saint and fingers crossed you get some news soon

• Advertisement

I know how you feel bud, i don't think I can handle missing out again :(

Give your district office a ring, they'll be of more help than the station number, you can find the number on the garda website or tell me your district and i'll post it here for you

Would you know which would be the place to call for cabra in Dublin, is there a district or just ring the station ?

Would you know which would be the place to call for cabra in Dublin, is there a district or just ring the station ?

Cabra district office is 01-6667082

Cabra district office is 01-6667082

Thanks so much for that. Do you know at what stage you get called to meet them, is it when vetting complete or can it be at any stage, I've tried looking for timelines but can't find any in relation to this

Thanks so much for that. Do you know at what stage you get called to meet them, is it when vetting complete or can it be at any stage, I've tried looking for timelines but can't find any in relation to this

You can meet them at any stage after the interview, they don't need to happen before any stage and it won't hold up your vetting, there has been lads on here that have met with their superintendent and been offered a place in templemore half an hour later.

You can meet them at any stage after the interview, they don't need to happen before any stage and it won't hold up your vetting, there has been lads on here that have met with their superintendent and been offered a place in templemore half an hour later.

Wow ! Thanks for that

Wow ! Thanks for that

Meeting the sergeant and super is part of the vetting process.

I was under the impression it was? They do your vetting the rest is done by HQ.

I was under the impression it was? They do your vetting the rest is done by HQ.[/quote]

Yep.. it forms part of your local vetting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 JS533

Hoping for may myself ! Everything finished . (vetting not too sure about).
    Its tough waiting but ill wait as long as it takes. Hang in there everyone, hope to see you all in May. 😊

Oh right, thanks for that, she asked a couple of weeks ago about vetting and they just said it was in progress so that's good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Everything finished! Big weight off the shoulders having everything done. Just hope the vetting clears up by may and hopefully I get the call. Feels like so long ago when I applied.

Wax100 wrote: »
    Everything finished! Big weight off the shoulders having everything done. Just hope the vetting clears up by may and hopefully I get the call. Feels like so long ago when I applied.

Huge Congrats!!!! Feels like an eternity ago. May is calling ;)

Huge Congrats!!!! Feels like an eternity ago. May is calling ;)

I really hope so! Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Wax100 wrote: »

Good stuff I know you've been waiting even longer than I have. Do you know if your vetting is all clear?

• Advertisement

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Good stuff I know you've been waiting even longer than I have. Do you know if your vetting is all clear?

Thanks! No idea I'm afraid to check!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

+1 for May hopefully. Everything else done. Hoping vetting is completed in time for offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

Whats the OOM of people here with everything completed waiting on may?

tomcwn wrote: »
    Whats the OOM of people here with everything completed waiting on may?

I'm in 1200s from Jan 2016 campaign. You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

I'm early 1000's. There still seems to be alot of people from that campaign. Here's hoping for May.

• Advertisement

tomcwn wrote: »
    I'm early 1000's. There still seems to be alot of people from that campaign. Here's hoping for May.

I'm mid 1100's and was told on phone other day I'll more than likely be may, and that they'll probably have to take some people from the September campaign, so if you have everything passed and you're in the January campaign you can safely say you'll make May

I'm low 300s. And I think there's a few more down here with me from 2015.

I'm mid 1100's and was told on phone other day I'll more than likely be may, and that they'll probably have to take some people from the September campaign, so if you have everything passed and you're in the January campaign you can safely say you'll make May

I'm terrified to assume it!!!

2015 myself and the fact that they're taking people from September to fill vacancies is still hard to swallow. Considering how many of us have been waiting around for months on end :(

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    2015 myself and the fact that they're taking people from September to fill vacancies is still hard to swallow. Considering how many of us have been waiting around for months on end :(

I really, genuinely hope you make May.
    The wait has been a killer.. and it's galling to see September campaign giving out about things taking ages. They have no idea!!

800s from 2015 myself.

I really, genuinely hope you make May.
    The wait has been a killer.. and it's galling to see September campaign giving out about things taking ages. They have no idea!!

True that!ha

Like I really enjoyed going through the stages last year. I was fairly lucky with time frames never exceeding 2-3wks Yano, but when things started to go wrong with the vetting it took every ounce of me to stay positive.

I've been posting on boards for months now and although the wait has been terrible and ruined a few plans I had, I wish all gone in before me all the best in the future careers within AGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

I had my fitness yesterday and I met the Super today. I asked him about how exactly does the vetting work. He told me that the Sergeant would have done her own bit and pieces and that the biggest part of the vetting will only begin now as he has sent off my application to them. He said that it would be unlikely for it to be all complete on time for me to make the May intake, and I have neither lived abroad myself nor my relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

800s from 2015 myself.

I'm low 700's glad to see others here like myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulcunn862

ganthy wrote: »
    I had my fitness yesterday and I met the Super today. I asked him about how exactly does the vetting work. He told me that the Sergeant would have done her own bit and pieces and that the biggest part of the vetting will only begin now as he has sent off my application to them. He said that it would be unlikely for it to be all complete on time for me to make the May intake, and I have neither lived abroad myself nor my relatives.

Do you mind me asking what campaign you are from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement