Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Persieway11

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Hopefully it wont take long for you. Some people on Boards have waited a long time, while others haven't. That's not considering the applicants that don't use boards so I'd keep the faith if I was you.:D
    thanks I'm here complaining and u are waiting longer hopefully they will see they need us ha ha 😂😂 and speed it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Ah yeah, god knows I done my fair share of complaining too, over the last 10 months haha. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

I rang HQ today. Apparently they completed a lot of files last week with vetting. She confirmed that the first 100 offers will be out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redgreendragon

ganthy wrote: »
    I rang HQ today. Apparently they completed a lot of files last week with vetting. She confirmed that the first 100 offers will be out this week.

Exciting stuff. There will be serious excitement in the build up to Thursday and 100 of us will have a great weekend. Personally am not that pushed n may intake for personal reason but let's see what the week brings.

Not to bad :D Just want this week over with asap..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

No indications of the OOMs they're up to? Is it 100 offered this week 100 next week?

Howard828 wrote: »
    No indications of the OOMs they're up to? Is it 100 offered this week 100 next week?

Yes, 100 this week then 100 next week. Bear in mind that a handful of the people that are offered a place will turn it down. The highest OOM I seen being offered was in the 900s.
    550 people have already been attested since September. So if you take into account the amount of people failing/deferring, then it should give you a idea of what chance you have based on your OOM. I'm guessing they will struggle to fill this intake because many people will probably be sitting college exams or travelling for the Summer and vetting even though they seemed to have completed many of the files at once last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

I wonder is there many people from 2013 left over to be called. I'm somewhat confident of an email but the wait is killing me haha

Yeah, I'd say there is still people waiting for offers from the 2013 campaign and deffo some from 2015 too.

Gnr_Iver wrote:
    Yeah, I'd say there is still people waiting for offers from the 2013 campaign and deffo some from 2015 too.

Must be a nightmare waiting since 2013. 2015 myself with OOM in the low 100's so just keep my fingers crossed for Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Yes, 100 this week then 100 next week. Bear in mind that a handful of the people that are offered a place will turn it down. The highest OOM I seen being offered was in the 900s.
    550 people have already been attested since September. So if you take into account the amount of people failing/deferring, then it should give you a idea of what chance you have based on your OOM. I'm guessing they will struggle to fill this intake because many people will probably be sitting college exams or travelling for the Summer and vetting even though they seemed to have completed many of the files at once last week.

That gives me no idea! Help a girl out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

True good few in and out and all! I think there was someone here from 2013!? From ppl i know in the college, they said the 2013 crowd are no longer in it, whoever was to get through got through already. Unless they have legitimate reasons for deferral....but really who knows. Fingers crossed boys and girls! This is the worst part of the whole process, more stressful because its now out of or hands ha all we can do is wait.

I don't think I have seen anyone on this from 2013 still waiting....The lowest OOM from the 2015 campaign that I have heard of is in the 1400s. And that is after interview only. That doesn't mean there is still 1400 waiting. Many of them would have failed fitness and medical.

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Must be a nightmare waiting since 2013. 2015 myself with OOM in the low 100's so just keep my fingers crossed for Thursday.

Yeah 2015 myself. It has been a long road to get to this point but its looking more positive now. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

IceWeasel wrote: »
    I wonder is there many people from 2013 left over to be called. I'm somewhat confident of an email but the wait is killing me haha

There definitely are people from 2013, my daughter was told this on Friday when she rang

That's it now.. no more posting till the offers are out :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

Id imagine they have the 100 people picked already, why wait untill thursday to let us know, just put us out of our misery today :D:p

tomcwn wrote: »
    Id imagine they have the 100 people picked already, why wait untill thursday to let us know, just put us out of our misery today :D:p

God damn it tomcwn ;)

I reckon it will be last thing Thursday evening before they run out the door and anyone has a chance to call them :D

Hard to concentrate on much this week. I know once people get offers this week they may tend not to post here anymore but could you please just say what campaign you are from etc before you sign off here just to give the rest of us an idea of what oom they are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I'd say people will be talking about info packs and what shoes to bring and if they canwear trunks instead of speedos etc etc! Seems as if once your in the college your told to get off these threads.

What campaign and OOM are you from? Hoping for/ expecting an offer?

• Advertisement

AM11 wrote: »
    I'd say people will be talking about info packs and what shoes to bring and if they canwear trunks instead of speedos etc etc! Seems as if once your in the college your told to get off these threads.

What campaign and OOM are you from? Hoping for/ expecting an offer?

From Nov 2015 with oom in early 1000s. Vetting is cleared. If I get offer il take it but hoping for August for personal reasons. Yourself. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd say people will be talking about info packs and what shoes to bring and if they canwear trunks instead of speedos etc etc! Seems as if once your in the college your told to get off these threads

Yes, your told not to post and told 'people are watching', personally I don't see the harm, unless your giving out information that would be sensitive and also it might not be what you post here in the ES forum, but your views on other things or post history could be seen as a the point of view of a 'member of AGS' so to speak.

You'd be best, having two account on Boards, one for this forum and another for the rest of the site. Which I think is not allowed, so I think most stick with the normal account and just stop posting here.

Basically, consider your account is going to have to go into 'closed' mode once you get an offer and you'll have to register again if you want to use boards.

Unless all your view on this site are very politically correct :pac:

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yes, your told not to post and told 'people are watching', personally I don't see the harm, unless your giving out information that would be sensitive and also it might not be what you post here in the ES forum, but your views on other things or post history could be seen as a the point of view of a 'member of AGS' so to speak.

You'd be best, having two account on Boards, one for this forum and another for the rest of the site. Which I think is not allowed, so I think most stick with the normal account and just stop posting here.

Basically, consider your account is going to have to go into 'closed' mode once you get an offer and you'll have to register again if you want to use boards.

Unless all your view on this site are very politically correct :pac:

I never want to see another Boards notification after I get my offer!!!! :D

Same here!

Amen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ma77dgn

Hi guys

Sorry this may have already been asked in other threads but thought I'd ask yourselves as we appear to all be in the same position.
    From reading through the post on this I'm being led to believe there are people still waiting for offers from the 2013 campaign, is it possible to be kept waiting that long once all stages have been completed?
    Personally hoping for an offer this week but the more I'm reading these threads the less hopeful I am.
    Thanks

What campaign and OOM are you from?

What campaign and OOM are you from?

From November 2015 unsure of OOM

Theres no way to know really but if you're from 2015 you might have a good chance. If everything is back you'd be picked before Sept 2016, well you SHOULD be. Your OOM was given to you when you passed the interview. Check you emails for your results public jobs. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Marck

Hi guys.
    Just a question in relation to the meeting with the super/seargant... how long after finding out results did people get their meeting? Thanks in advance ..

Marck wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    Just a question in relation to the meeting with the super/seargant... how long after finding out results did people get their meeting? Thanks in advance ..

2 weeks for myself :)

2 weeks for myself :)

Thanks a mill bro

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pcon82

Offers are out, Yes , im in

Offers out couldn't be happier

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sherlock Holmes II

Congrats to all those who got offers. OOM just outside top 100 with everything done from September 2016 was hoping (long shot I know) for may. fingers crossed for August

• Advertisement

Can people let us know their rough oom who got in ?

WOOHOOO !!!! That'll do....Being. It. On.

Just woke up after a night shift to that glorious email. Congrats to all who got in. See yous soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 littleduck

Just got my offer . Delighted. Start the 2nd of may. Who's going down to Thurles on the 18th of April

Early days but does anyone else think they'll be going down for induction week the night before? I'm travelling from Donegal by public transport so looks like with such an early start on the Tuesday I'll be booking the night before

• Advertisement

Yea am in as well. Got email about hour ago. November 2015 campaign with oom early 1000s.

FINALLY! Heading down the 18th. I'm from 2015 and in the top 250. I'll probably head down the morning of. Only an hour or so from Dublin. Now to hand in my notice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Well done to everyone who got the call, looking forward to seeing you all at the induction week. To everyone else, keep the heads up and keep the faith :)

Absolutely delighted!! Well done to all. The hard work and waiting paid off in the end. :):)

Now, plenty of Guinness MUST be had to cement in this glorious day haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Absolutely delighted!! Well done to all. The hard work and waiting paid off in the end. :):)

Now, plenty of Guinness MUST be had to cement in this glorious day haha.

Fully deserved. Enjoy!

Not sure if anyone has even looked this far ahead but 32 weeks brings us up to early December. We then have 2 weeks off. So our first week on the job will begin 24th December which as we all know is Xmas eve. Anyone shed any light on how this might work for us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Not sure if anyone has even looked this far ahead but 32 weeks brings us up to early December. We then have 2 weeks off. So our first week on the job will begin 24th December which as we all know is Xmas eve. Anyone shed any light on how this might work for us all?

Ah here bud! Enjoy getting the offer! Plenty of time to figure out that!

Plenty of time to figure that out, I wouldn't even bother thinking about it. Enjoy the moment :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

Lads call in sick, seriously like!

No offer for me :(

I need some words of encouragement and that all is not lost for May yet :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement