Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

DooraGirl wrote: »
    No offer for me :(

I need some words of encouragement and that all is not lost for May yet :/

What??:( have you everything done? what way Is your OOM??

I'd say they are not finished with the offers yet. I only got mine at like 4.50pm. last minute job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sam1996

Well done to all. Just wondering how many recruitment campaigns have there been since 2013?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Just wondering

Anybody know anything about parade and marching?

Is it parade every morning and marching once a week ?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Sam1996 wrote: »
    Well done to all. Just wondering how many recruitment campaigns have there been since 2013?

only 2

November 2015

September 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

No offer for me :(

I need some words of encouragement and that all is not lost for May yet :/

Same there's always the second induction week offers next week but I highly doubt I'll be in them tbh 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    What??:( have you everything done? what way Is your OOM??

I'd say they are not finished with the offers yet. I only got mine at like 4.50pm. last minute job.

Yep.. all done and vetting cleared. Im down in the 1200s though :(

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Just wondering

Anybody know anything about parade and marching?

Is it parade every morning and marching once a week ?

:)

Don't know much about the marching in the college but I spend 7 years in the DF and id know a couple of things about marching and parades.:D

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Same there's always the second induction week offers next week but I highly doubt I'll be in them tbh 😞

How come you're doubtful?!

Yep.. all done and vetting cleared. Im down in the 1200s though :(

Ah I wouldn't lose hope at all, with that OOM your deffo still in the running. They must be up past the 1000's by now, surely. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Ah I wouldn't lose hope at all, with that OOM your deffo still in the running. They must be up past the 1000's by now, surely. :confused:

Know a guy in the low 1100's who got a call

How come you're doubtful?!

My OOM is in the mid 500's so if I didn't get an offer in the first induction week it's unlikely I will get one next week

Ya I see someone there in the low 1000s got an offer today alright!!

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    My OOM is in the mid 500's so if I didn't get an offer in the first induction week it's unlikely I will get one next week

Your vetting still outstanding?!

Your vetting still outstanding?!

Must be I haven't contacted them for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sam1996

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    only 2

November 2015

September 2016

Cheers bud :)

• Advertisement

Ya I see someone there in the low 1000s got an offer today alright!!

Yeah, Id say you'll definitely get one. You have to sure:D My offer has been gathering dust, sitting up there on the shelf haha.

Yeah, Id say you'll definitely get one. You have to sure:D My offer has been gathering dust, sitting up there on the shelf haha.

I'm over the moon for ya!!!! Say a prayer I'll be joining ye next week!! They'd hardly be out Thursday?!

#clutchingatstraws

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Low 800s from 2015 myself but only met the super 3 weeks ago so hoping for next week but highly doubt it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Teddy01

No offer for me either :( OOM in the 500s and was told vetting was cleared.. here's hoping for next week!!

I'm over the moon for ya!!!! Say a prayer I'll be joining ye next week!! They'd hardly be out Thursday?!

#clutchingatstraws

Yeah I was delighted, after all this time.:) You never know, like I would be very surprised if you didn't get one at all. But stay positive

• Advertisement

Yeah I was delighted, after all this time.:) You never know, like I would be very surprised if you didn't get one at all. But stay positive

Ah tis grand.. I'm crying on the treadmill instead of in to a bottle of wine :D

I'm growing as a person.. all good! :D

Cheers :)

It'll come, I'd give them another ring on Monday if you don't hear anything by then. Just to be sure like:)

Haha yeah I know how you feel, wont be any drink for me until after paddys anyway, flat out!

It'll come, I'd give them another ring on Monday if you don't hear anything by then. Just to be sure like:)

Haha yeah I know how you feel, wont be any drink for me until after paddys anyway, flat out!

Will you ring for me?! Sure you must be on first names with them all :D

It's my birthday Sunday so I was hoping for an offer.. be the best present ever!!!

Will you ring for me?! Sure you must be on first names with them all :D

It's my birthday Sunday so I was hoping for an offer.. be the best present ever!!!

Ah shhtop, sure im going to the staff xmas party.:D Yeah it would have been ideal. Gonna have to start getting back into the cardio training now, keep the running levels up. Gonna be living in that gym down there ha.

Ah shhtop, sure im going to the staff xmas party.:D Yeah it would have been ideal. Gonna have to start getting back into the cardio training now, keep the running levels up. Gonna be living in that gym down there ha.

Haha brilliant!!! That's one thing I've been fairly good at maintaining... must get in to the pool again though!

I'm hoping I'll get in to the habit of living in the gym instead of being led astray in Pollys :D

Ah always enjoyed going to the gym but I hate running. just not built for it as the fella says :)

Ah sure look, there's no point lien to yourself haha. The divil is everywhere..:)

Ah always enjoyed going to the gym but I hate running. just not built for it as the fella says :)

Ah sure look, there's no point lien to yourself haha. The divil is everywhere..:)

Built for comfort not for speed?! :D

True. I can't deny my true self down there ahaha

Just preferred weight training over anything else really :) but if I have to run, i'll make myself ha

Well I cant deny the fact that I enjoy a sip or two now and again myself haha.

I wonder how long it takes before they send out the info packs?? I've heard there's a lot in them.:)

Just preferred weight training over anything else really :) but if I have to run, i'll make myself ha

Well I cant deny the fact that I enjoy a sip or two now and again myself haha.

Much prefer the weight training myself... cardio to keep the beer belly at bay!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Foley101

Well guys im confused so could do with help! Ive everything complete including vetting, im from the jan 2016 campaign! Passed my fitness on 15 december! Oom of 1100's , am i guaranteed a job or whats going on so stressful 😳😂🙈

Much prefer the weight training myself... cardio to keep the beer belly at bay!! :D

Exactly, I've no interest in leaning out but as long as the belly stays tucked in my happy out ha:D

Foley101 wrote: »
    Well guys im confused so could do with help! Ive everything complete including vetting, im from the jan 2016 campaign! Passed my fitness on 15 december! Oom of 1100's , am i guaranteed a job or whats going on so stressful 😳😂🙈

Nobody is guaranteed a position, even with all the elements completed. But usually once you've completed all your stages and have vetting cleared you should be offered a spot. Baring in mind that your OOM is within the bracket for this intake.

Nobody is guaranteed a position, even with all the elements completed. But usually once you've completed all your stages and have vetting cleared you should be offered a spot. Baring in mind that your OOM is within the bracket for this intake.

Thanks for the fast reply:) is my OOM within the bracket do you know?:) and congrats to you on being called!

There's no way of knowing for sure where they are in the OOM list, but an OOM of around 1100+ should be close. But this is a guess at best bud.:)

There's no way of knowing for sure where they are in the OOM list, but an OOM of around 1100+ should be close. But this is a guess at best bud.:)

Thanks bud:)ill hope for the best anyway! Such a killer not knowing!

Yeah I know :) keep her lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

Id be optimistic about the next campaign, if not, this one, you could be offered something next week, nobody really knows, even hrm are unsure, ppl drop out, don't pass medicals or even background checks, even though your oom is around 1100s, there may be only 800 of those 1100 eligible. Keep the faith. Your on the list now if everything's completed

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Can we remain in work for the week after the induction week and then resign before 2nd of may. Or must we have ceased all employment by the induction week?

• Advertisement

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Can we remain in work for the week after the induction week and then resign before 2nd of may. Or must we have ceased all employment by the induction week?

Id imagine that will be on the information pack that we get? More questions to bombard Hrm with eh ha. Id say contracts are signed on the 2nd anyway. So that's the main date to be done with previous employers....at a guess.

Howard828 wrote:
    Id imagine that will be on the information pack that we get? More questions to bombard Hrm with eh ha. Id say contracts are signed on the 2nd anyway. So that's the main date to be done with previous employers....at a guess.

I would have though so myself. I'll be resigning late April anyway can't really manage 3 weeks without money and pay rent in Dublin haha

I would have though so myself. I'll be resigning late April anyway can't really manage 3 weeks without money and pay rent in Dublin haha

As of now, i need to give 2 weeks notice to my employer, ill use the 2nd of may as my marker, if i needed to give a month....i still have plenty of time from now to give that months notice. Info pack should clarify this. They'd be released within the next 2 weeks anyway id imagine.
    Id be saying nothing for now if i was you and pay the rent ha

Howard828 wrote:
    As of now, i need to give 2 weeks notice to my employer, ill use the 2nd of may as my marker, if i needed to give a month....i still have plenty of time from now to give that months notice. Info pack should clarify this. They'd be released within the next 2 weeks anyway id imagine. Id be saying nothing for now if i was you and pay the rent ha

Haha I have to provide 6 weeks notice in my contract so I'm between a rock and a hard place. I'll use May 2nd as my date and if I need to leave sooner I'll just have to explain that to my employer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

I wouldn't say there be a problem with that, that's what I'm hoping to do anyway.

"You must relinquish all previous employment prior to commencing training". That's all it says on the matter :)

• Advertisement

Great it says in the email training will commence May 2nd so that's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

From the 2016 Sept campaign with everything done.. OOM between 1-5.. no offer....

M

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Where does it say "You must relinquish all previous employment prior to commencing training"?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

mabf wrote: »
    From the 2016 Sept campaign with everything done.. OOM between 1-5.. no offer....

M

You may get into second round offers, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

mabf wrote: »

M
    Theres hundreds from 2015 left so I wouldn't feel too down,im low 8s from 2015 and no offer

• Advertisement
Advertisement