Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Ye have to confirm acceptance of offers by 2pm ya?!

Maybe they will send out second week offers at about 4.... a girl can dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Ye have to confirm acceptance of offers by 2pm ya?!

Maybe they will send out second week offers at about 4.... a girl can dream :D

I have everything crossed you hear soon, you really deserve it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Yeah, the deadline was 2pm today. I sent my acceptance back within 5 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pcon82

34 yrs

Apparently it's tracksuits for our induction week during the day and smart casual in the evening time. Need some clarity on whether we can turn up on the morning wearing our tracksuits? Or do we change into them? . :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Apparently it's tracksuits for our induction week during the day and smart casual in the evening time. Need some clarity on whether we can turn up on the morning wearing our tracksuits? Or do we change into them? . :)

Funny you should say that, I was wondering that myself. Registration at 9, so maybe get our rooms sorted and get a chance to change for the training then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

I'd say tracksuits down. We might not get our rooms straight away and I'd say we will be doing training in the morning? I think I read here before that it's two to a room as well in the hotel?

JustCaff wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, I was wondering that myself. Registration at 9, so maybe get our rooms sorted and get a chance to change for the training then?

The way it's worded it suggests that, we turn up already wearing tracksuits or comfortable clothing and then once classes are over we change into evening wear if we're staying around the hotel.

It's gonna be good craic meeting everyone :)

In relation to the suits for college, a friend of mine told me that it could be week 2 by the time we get our uniforms sorted. Anybody thinking they'll need another suit? Either that or buy a couple of different shirts and ties to get us through?

In relation to the suits for college, a friend of mine told me that it could be week 2 by the time we get our uniforms sorted. Anybody thinking they'll need another suit? Either that or buy a couple of different shirts and ties to get us through?

Yeah that's what I'm doing, gonna keep the suit I have and just pick up a couple of different shirts and ties to match and that'll do.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what I'm doing, gonna keep the suit I have and just pick up a couple of different shirts and ties to match and that'll do.

Don't fancy splashing 300 on a new suit, not just yet anyway haha :) that's cool.

Don't fancy splashing 300 on a new suit, not just yet anyway haha :) that's cool.

No new suit for me anyway, living on the bread line haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

With regards to handing in notices for work, i presume its the 2nd of May we sign ours? So we use that as out timescale to have notices in?

I gave them the notice based off the date for the induction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Congrats to all in May

To those handing in notice at work,
    What line of work are you leaving ?

I'm sure you'll all bring invaluable qualities and skills to AGS 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Howard828 wrote:
    With regards to handing in notices for work, i presume its the 2nd of May we sign ours? So we use that as out timescale to have notices in?

I handed my notice in for May 2nd since that is when I presume we will sign our contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

As part of the BA in Policing don't you have to do 40 hours of volunteering with a charity organisation? Any further info on this?

ganthy wrote: »
    As part of the BA in Policing don't you have to do 40 hours of volunteering with a charity organisation? Any further info on this?

Aye it's part of the placement when we pass out as far as I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ma77dgn

The suits we have to wear for the first few weeks, do they have to be black?

Has anyone recieved or heard of anyone receiving an offer for the second induction week??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 JS533

What colour tracksuit are people wearing for induction ? Can it be any?

Any colour lad, doesn't matter:) anything that's comfortable

JS533 wrote:
    What colour tracksuit are people wearing for induction ? Can it be any?

Was kind of wondering this myself still going to have to buy one since I don't even own a full tracksuit haha.

Is it 2 people per room while we are in the hotel does anybody know?

All I'm wearing is my Canterbury's, tshirt and hoodie. I don't think you've to wear a full on tracksuit:) I don't own one either ha. That'll do me anyway for the week until we get sorted with college tracksuits

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Anybody that got offers from Sept 16 campaign and what was your OOM?

M

Gnr_Iver wrote:
    All I'm wearing is my Canterbury's, tshirt and hoodie. I don't think you've to wear a full on tracksuit I don't own one either ha. That'll do me anyway for the week until we get sorted with college tracksuits

Sounds like a decent plan not a massive fan of full matching tracksuits myself. Different story of course when it's a nice AGS one haha

Handing in my two week notice to work tonight . Gonna be a great feeling. Then spend two weeks off before induction and the week before start date just chilling . Has anyone else done the same ?

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Sounds like a decent plan not a massive fan of full matching tracksuits myself. Different story of course when it's a nice AGS one haha

Yeah, that's the plan anyway. I'm sure it'll be fine like, I doubt that they'll care what you wear as long as it's comfortable:)

Yeah, I'd wear that tracksuit any day ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

JS533 wrote: »
    Handing in my two week notice to work tonight . Gonna be a great feeling. Then spend two weeks off before induction and the week before start date just chilling . Has anyone else done the same ?

I'm the same, 10 working days left until I'm off. Paint the house in the 1st week, off to Amsterdam the 2nd, induction the 3rd and relax the 4th. Going to be an excellent month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Congrats to those who got the first round offers.

Just wondering if anybody has any idea about second round offers? Is it literally another 100 offers or just the few places that are left over or turned down?

Just waiting on some final vetting front local station and apparently have a chance to still make May

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

innovate27 wrote: »
    Congrats to those who got the first round offers.

Just wondering if anybody has any idea about second round offers? Is it literally another 100 offers or just the few places that are left over or turned down?

Just waiting on some final vetting front local station and apparently have a chance to still make May
    There'll be 100 more offers!

Cocopops24 wrote: »
    There'll be 100 more offers!

The fingers will be certainly crossed so! Bloody vetting holding up the show

innovate27 wrote: »
    The fingers will be certainly crossed so! Bloody vetting holding up the show
    I'm hoping for an offer too! Hopefully your vetting will be finalised asap - the waiting is the worst!

Hopefully the information packs are sent out this week. I've heard there's plenty of reading to be done.

Also, Good luck to all waiting for offers this week. I really hope ye get good news!! :):)

kfitzerp wrote: »
    I'm the same, 10 working days left until I'm off. Paint the house in the 1st week, off to Amsterdam the 2nd, induction the 3rd and relax the 4th. Going to be an excellent month!

Went to the dam last year its unreal! Heineken tour is good Craic. Im just trying to get through the last few days ready to leg it out of the place..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Wonder in the info packs will be out today or tomorrow. Could have been posted Thursday eve after the deadline.

AM11 wrote: »
    Wonder in the info packs will be out today or tomorrow. Could have been posted Thursday eve after the deadline.

Nothing for me today anyway. I'd say it'll be some time this week :)

Apologies if this question is a bit off topic but what way do the shifts work for Gardai at the moment. Is it a 6 day on 4 day off system. I believed it was but somebody was telling me that was done away with. Anybody have any idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Apologies if this question is a bit off topic but what way do the shifts work for Gardai at the moment. Is it a 6 day on 4 day off system. I believed it was but somebody was telling me that was done away with. Anybody have any idea?

Think either the garda credit union or the gra website have the roster up. Know I've seen it on one of them.

http://www.gra.ie/documents/Draft_WTA_2016.pdf :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

If you download the st Raphaels Garda app you can an idea of the different shifts for each unit ABCD, its 6 on four off alright a mixture of earlies lates etc
    The app is a good insight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Thanks for all the replies everybody I'll have a look at all the info. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Foley101

This waiting is so nerve wrecking!! Trying to come to terms with the fact of aiming for august !!

Foley101 wrote: »
    This waiting is so nerve wrecking!! Trying to come to terms with the fact of aiming for august !!

Fingers crossed the second round offers are out tomorrow. Just to know... good or bad!!!

Best of luck to ye all :)

Fingers crossed the second round offers are out tomorrow. Just to know... good or bad!!!

For sure, just need to know to plan the few months ahead!! If its may there will be alot of travelling up and down for hurling!!

Foley101 wrote: »
    For sure, just need to know to plan the few months ahead!! If its may there will be alot of travelling up and down for hurling!!

If it's August, I actually think I'll burst with frustration :(

Fingers crossed its good news before the end of the week ðŸ‘

If it's August, I actually think I'll burst with frustration :(

For sure!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement