Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Foley101

innovate27 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed its good news before the end of the week ðŸ‘

Fingers, toes, everything!! Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

32 years ago last week I had just started training, enjoy it boys and girls good luck in your new career.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Vetting was still outstanding on Thursday morning. Am I hoping for a miracle for May?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

mabf wrote: »
    Vetting was still outstanding on Thursday morning. Am I hoping for a miracle for May?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

mabf wrote: »

I was the same, hopefully a few in a similar situation and they get them moved on. Was told Thursday I got a chance for May, so it's a long shot.

But so was sizing john in the gold cup! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

Anyone have any idea when the second round of offers will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Anyone have any idea when the second round of offers will be out?

Could be any day this week. They're usually out late in the week I think think they were only sent out early last week due to Paddys Day making it a short week

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Could be any day this week. They're usually out late in the week I think think they were only sent out early last week due to Paddys Day making it a short week

Ok thanks, hoping for a miracle anyway. it will probably be august for me 😕

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Ugh... I have such a nervous ball of energy in my tummy!! I had a dream last night that I got an offer .. that must be some sort of premonition right?! :D

Will they ever hurry the f**k on!!!

• Advertisement

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Ugh... I have such a nervous ball of energy in my tummy!! I had a dream last night that I got an offer .. that must be some sort of premonition right?! :D

Will they ever hurry the f**k on!!!

Wont be today today anyway rang them and thats what they said, also wouldnt tell me when it will be!!!

Foley101 wrote: »
    Wont be today today anyway rang them and thats what they said, also wouldnt tell me when it will be!!!

Thanks for that! At least I can quit staring at my phone... for today anyway :)

Thanks for that! At least I can quit staring at my phone... for today anyway :)

Even though ive been told i still keep checking my emails :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Teddy01

Has anyone received their information pack yet? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Teddy01 wrote:
    Has anyone received their information pack yet?

Not yet. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Has anyone asked HR if they've sent out the packs yet?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Don't worry there isn't much in them! Just a small list of what to bring to the college, sick/maternity leave info, pension authorisation and details of the Garda ranks. You'll get all the information down there when you start.

Foley101 wrote: »
    Even though ive been told i still keep checking my emails :p

Surely they should be out tomorrow for us to confirm place by Friday and have info packs out to us next week??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Boxboy1

Hey guys still didnt get info pack...im in may intake low 1000s...for ppl above that dont lose hope if you didnt get a call...once you pass ypur physical you are in this year i promise...anybody know where i can pm privately to other ppl going in in may so i can get to know a few faces? Thanks

Surely they should be out tomorrow for us to confirm place by Friday and have info packs out to us next week??!!

Dont lose faith my friend...they like to leave everything last minute..if worst comes to worst i have no doubt you will make august...it will come when you least expect it. Hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Boxboy1 wrote: »
    Dont lose faith my friend...they like to leave everything last minute..if worst comes to worst i have no doubt you will make august...it will come when you least expect it. Hope this helps!

Whoops sorry wrong quote box dooragirl lol...ya the info packs will be by thursday

Boxboy1 wrote: »
    Whoops sorry wrong quote box dooragirl lol...ya the info packs will be by thursday

Thank you for that.. I did mean the offers though! I'm sure you mean well by your previous comment but I don't think you should be promising people who pass physical that they will definitely be in this year. You can't predict how long vetting can take for someone!

Thank you for that.. I did mean the offers though! I'm sure you mean well by your previous comment but I don't think you should be promising people who pass physical that they will definitely be in this year.

Perhaps...im only basing it on what i was told by instructor at my own physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

Everything done with 6 weeks vetting cleared and signed would I be dreaming thinking possible second round offer for May as I'm from September (very low OOM)

There are a lot of people waiting on offers from the 2015 campaign so I doubt it bud.

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    There are a lot of people waiting on offers from the 2015 campaign so I doubt it bud.

I'm fairly sure I saw someone with a high enough OOM from September 2016 say they got an offer for May so I guess anything is possible. Very unfair though if September are getting called before the previous campaign (based on everthing cleared I mean!!) :(

Ah well I suppose you're right, you can't bet on anything and you wouldn't know what to believe. There are so many people going through the system now its hard to know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

One of the lads I play football with got an offer today. He's from the Jan 2016 campaign in the 800's

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Hey Guys I have a quick question have my pct test Saturday and just wondering do they let you know when you've reched your required level or how does it work? Hoping those waiting hear some good news soon can only imagine how frustrated ye are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

kfitzerp wrote: »
    One of the lads I play football with got an offer today. He's from the Jan 2016 campaign in the 800's

For the second induction week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    Hey Guys I have a quick question have my pct test Saturday and just wondering do they let you know when you've reched your required level or how does it work? Hoping those waiting hear some good news soon can only imagine how frustrated ye are!!

Yes they will shout out the levels past 6 I think it was might be 7 anyways same concept such as "6.1 6.2" and so on after each beep and once you complete your level you stop job done

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Thanks so much hoping for a miracle:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 JS533

I assume we'll need laptops for the duration of the six months. I haven't bought one yet can anyone recommend any good ones for doing work on that we'd need for assignments etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

JS533 wrote:
    I assume we'll need laptops for the duration of the six months. I haven't bought one yet can anyone recommend any good ones for doing work on that we'd need for assignments etc?

I have a Sony Vaio myself and couldn't recommend them enough, great laptop in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

called HR today vetting is cleared, medical is done too- only PCT on way, i'd say this won't do for May intake anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Hey gang, any sign of the info packs this morning? Working at the moment so I'm just curious if they've been sent out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

ArifI wrote: »
    called HR today vetting is cleared, medical is done too- only PCT on way, i'd say this won't do for May intake anyway.

You said you passed your interview on the 28th of Feburary. Are you saying you done your medical / met the Sgt. & super and have your vetting cleared and signed off by the commissioner all in 3 weeks??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 JS533

JustCaff wrote: »
    Hey gang, any sign of the info packs this morning? Working at the moment so I'm just curious if they've been sent out yet

Got mine this morning. You might want to stick the kettle on. I've been here for awhile ! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Got mine too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Got offered a place for May, absolutely delighted to say the least. Looking forward to handing in the notice in work tomorrow and going down to the induction week in April!

Congrats to all that have also passed!

Information pack landed in this morning too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Got offered a place for May, absolutely delighted to say the least. Looking forward to handing in the notice in work tomorrow and going down to the induction week in April!

Congrats! What date is your induction week starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pacman1

Did you just receive your offer there today innovate27 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Teddy01

Just got my information pack too!! Can't wait to get started :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Is the induction week and the actual first day in templemore a few weeks apart yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

I must be the only one that didnt get my information pack today :( Is it just explaining everything that we need to get and all?

tomcwn wrote: »
    I must be the only one that didnt get my information pack today :( Is it just explaining everything that we need to get and all?

Yeah, it just goes through what you need to bring with you when we start in the college, also what you can buy from the college shop. Goes through the Do's n Dont's and FAQ's.

The runners we have to bring don't have to be all white. I've been told that you can wear any colour you want. They're not to strict on it.

Anyone heard the same ?

Was that offer today? Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    The runners we have to bring don't have to be all white. I've been told that you can wear any colour you want. They're not to strict on it.

Anyone heard the same ?

Ye from reading previous posts it seems that way alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement