Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Foley101 wrote: »
    Was that offer today? Congrats!

Yeah I got an email about 10 this morning and an info pack aswel in the mornings post. So all boxes ticked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    The runners we have to bring don't have to be all white. I've been told that you can wear any colour you want. They're not to strict on it.

Anyone heard the same ?

Basically, I have come to this conclusion. The reason they want all white shoes is because full on black runners will more than likely mark the floor in the halls down there and scruff it up. If you just get a pair of runners that are not black on the bottom you'd be fine.

By the same token, white runners are fairly easy to get on Amazon so if you want to be strict to form head on over there for a look.

Congrats! What date is your induction week starting?

18/3 I think in Thurles for the induction week and start in Templemoore on the 2nd of May!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

innovate27 wrote: »
    18/3 I think in Thurles for the induction week and start in Templemoore on the 2nd of May!

That's the first induction week right? Has there been any offers for the second week does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

innovate27 wrote: »

Final question - what was your campaign and OOM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

TallGlass wrote: »
    Basically, I have come to this conclusion. The reason they want all white shoes is because full on black runners will more than likely mark the floor in the halls down there and scruff it up. If you just get a pair of runners that are not black on the bottom you'd be fine.

By the same token, white runners are fairly easy to get on Amazon so if you want to be strict to form head on over there for a look.

Ah yeah, you could be right but I'm not gonna bother buying new white ones when I have a brand new pair of runners. The bottoms of mine are white already so I should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Was hoping it might say in the info pack but my missus was wondering is there a day that she can go down and have a look around. Essentially a day to bring family to show them what the place is like. I remember reading somewhere before that there was a day for this.

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Was hoping it might say in the info pack but my missus was wondering is there a day that she can go down and have a look around. Essentially a day to bring family to show them what the place is like. I remember reading somewhere before that there was a day for this.

Not sure but I'd be interested to know that as well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Not sure but I'd be interested to know that as well.:)
    When the induction week was in the college family were able to come and look around for an hour in the morning on the first day but doesn't happen anymore as the college is so full. They'll have to wait until graduation haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Final question - what was your campaign and OOM?

I'm curios aswell ya what was your oom innovate27? It might give us an idea where we stand? Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Cocopops24 wrote:
    When the induction week was in the college family were able to come and look around for an hour in the morning on the first day but doesn't happen anymore as the college is so full. They'll have to wait until graduation haha

That's great at least I know that now. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dantheman31

My file is finally complete and waiting patiently really hoping for offer for May. I'm Jan 16 and OOM late 800's

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

Vetting completed, in the low 100's from Jan 16 fingers crossed for may

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Jan 16 campaign myself. Any sign of the second round offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Foley101

daveoc43 wrote: »
    Jan 16 campaign myself. Any sign of the second round offers?

Jan 16 myself OOM of 1100's , file complete but i reckon not a hope for me for may,ill aim for august!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Justdoit_90

Just looking for a bit of help guys. If recently been invited forward for the may intake. However, due to different circumstances it would be much more suitable for me to hold off til the August intake. Is there any way I can defer the offer til August or what can I do ???

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

Just got an offer, the second round offers must be out. Pure sickened I have to defer it till August due to last month of in college in final year. OOM is 1100's from 2015 campaign for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

Just looking for a bit of help guys. If recently been invited forward for the may intake. However, due to different circumstances it would be much more suitable for me to hold off til the August intake. Is there any way I can defer the offer til August or what can I do ???
    In the same situation myself but I read in older posts that you can only defer if your in final year of college. Honestly don't know the situation with deferring myself but i'll let you know how I get on when I contact HRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

JN94 wrote: »
    Just got an offer, the second round offers must be out. Pure sickened I have to defer it till August due to last month of in college in final year. OOM is 1100's from 2015 campaign for anyone interested.

Better off mate if its for final year, enjoy the summer and get in then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

I got an offer!!!!!! From Jan 2016 in the 1200s.. :)

Ok thanks. Have you contacted them yet ? Ideally id love to be able to defer mine til August but I'm not in final year of college so don't know what to do

Ok thanks. Have you contacted them yet ? Ideally id love to be able to defer mine til August but I'm not in final year of college so don't know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I got my offer aswell delighted! Induction 24th April. Jan 2016 1200s

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Congrats to everyone who got offers. See you all in May!

DooraGirl wrote: »

Great stuff, delighted for ya :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 pacman1

What a feeling offer got, see you all in May ðŸ˜႒

Well done bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

Just home from work and see I got an offer delighted is not the word :)

Great stuff, delighted for ya :D:D

Beyond thrilled... thanks so so much and well done to everyone who got offers today! Cant wait to meet everyone :)

My OOM was 1300 from Jan 2016. Was lowered after the interview, but can't remember to what exactly.

Congrats to everybody. See you down in Thurles for induction!

• Advertisement

Beyond thrilled... thanks so so much and well done to everyone who got offers today! Cant wait to meet everyone :)

2nd of May can't come quick enough :)

I'm absolutely gutted no offer for me today OOM 800's from Jan 16, I was told my file was complete after passing PCT on Tuesday. Feels like I was forgotten about :( Congrats to all those who got offers for May

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

I'm absolutely gutted no offer for me today OOM 800's from Jan 16, I was told my file was complete after passing PCT on Tuesday. Feels like I was forgotten about :( Congrats to all those who got offers for May

That's seems odd if your file was completed , but chin up don't lose hope I see a lot of people talking about deferring which means places that will open up for May you could get one of those don't lose hope till the day before

I'd be on the blower to HR to see what the story is. With your oom and file completed you should be in the running for an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

I didn't get an offer either and I'm mid 500's from Jan 16! I can't believe my vetting is still not complete I did my interview last August and my PCT in October such a frustrating system

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kilrodane boy

Hi do I dress in a suit to meet the inspector thank you

Hi do I dress in a suit to meet the inspector thank you

I didn't wear a suit, just wore smart casual clothes.:)

Ya going to ring first thing tomorrow and see what story is! Only thing I can think of is maybe they had the 100 picked already as I only passed pct on Tuesday and I rang Wednesday and was told my file was complete and it will depend on my oom if ill be called for may!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Got an offer today over the moon, see ye down there!

Im from the September 2016 campaign, has anyone else from that campaign gotten an offer?? Did physical 28th February

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Yayyyyyyyyyy so happy for you

• Advertisement

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Yayyyyyyyyyy so happy for you

Thanks a million!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    I didn't get an offer either and I'm mid 500's from Jan 16! I can't believe my vetting is still not complete I did my interview last August and my PCT in October such a frustrating system

I didn't get an offer either and I'm low 8s from 2015,August it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    I didn't get an offer either and I'm low 8s from 2015,August it is then!

No offer either. Congrats to all that did. Very hard seeing the 2016 campaign getting offers already. Very strange system

To those who got offers today, when do ye have to accept your place? so I have an idea of chance of getting a deferral

To those who got offers today, when do ye have to accept your place? so I have an idea of chance of getting a deferral

By Monday at 2pm

I wonder what way the accommodation will be during the induction week....one to a room or sharing?? any ideas :)

I heard its two to a room but cant be certain! Is it just the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights were booked in for or do we get the Sunday too?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

I heard its two to a room but cant be certain! Is it just the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights were booked in for or do we get the Sunday too?
    I'm from September too! It's double or triple rooms and it's just from the Monday!

Cocopops24 wrote: »
    I'm from September too! It's double or triple rooms and it's just from the Monday!

Ah not to bad so, that'll make it a bit easier to get to know people:) For the first induction week its Tuesday to Friday. is the second week four days too??

• Advertisement

Ours is Monday to Thursday

Advertisement