Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pacman1

Anyone starting in May from the North West of the Country ? Donegal Perhaps ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Its gonna be a bit of craic when we're all lumped in together in May.:) Give it a couple of days and I'm sure we'll all know each other.

Anyone from the Midlands??

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Its gonna be a bit of craic when we're all lumped in together in May.:) Give it a couple of days and I'm sure we'll all know each other.

Anyone from the Midlands??
    Few drinks to break the ice haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

Got an offer today over the moon, see ye down there!

Im from the September 2016 campaign, has anyone else from that campaign gotten an offer?? Did physical 28th February

Also from September , did physical same day see you in May

Cocopops24 wrote: »
    Few drinks to break the ice haha :)

Oh definitely. Sure you couldn't have it any other way :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Oh definitely. Sure you couldn't have it any other way :D

I've the bubbles cracked open tonight anyways :D

DooraGirl wrote: »
    I've the bubbles cracked open tonight anyways :D

Its well deserved..Get it into ya haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carlos05

pacman1 wrote: »
    Just got confirmation email today. I am up Sligo direction

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Foley101

Any fellow clare people?

Foley101 wrote: »
    Any fellow clare people?

Yep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

congrats to everyone who got an offer. can feel the celebration from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ma77dgn

pacman1 wrote: »

Donegal here

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

I got an offer!!!!!! From Jan 2016 in the 1200s.. :)

Delighted for you well done you must be over the moon :)

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    Delighted for you well done you must be over the moon :)

Beyond excited!! Thanks so so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Congrats to all who got offers! Anybody from the sept 16 campaign who got an offer care to give an indication of their OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Got my offer yesterday evening too. Delighted :)

Thanks to all posters, past and present, for their advice and encouragement during the application process. Looking forward to getting started on May 2nd. For those of you still waiting for an offer, keep the heads up. Your time will come in either August or November. Use these few months to save as much money as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Unfortunately nothing for me! Bit of a kick in the Swiss !

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

mabf wrote: »
    Congrats to all who got offers! Anybody from the sept 16 campaign who got an offer care to give an indication of their OOM?

I was 90s after interview, medical and physical done first time and met with my station same time as medical so was lucky enough really

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

I got an offer!!!!!! From Jan 2016 in the 1200s.. :)

Congratulations, you definitely deserve it!!

Congratulations, you definitely deserve it!!

Ah thanks... !!

Ye are all a sound bunch... really feeling the love on here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

Ok thanks. Have you contacted them yet ? Ideally id love to be able to defer mine til August but I'm not in final year of college so don't know what to do
    I sent them an email and no word back yet but I'll let ya know what they say :)

Got my offer yesterday evening too. Delighted :)

Thanks to all posters, past and present, for their advice and encouragement during the application process. Looking forward to getting started on May 2nd. For those of you still waiting for an offer, keep the heads up. Your time will come in either August or November. Use these few months to save as much money as possible!

Well done bud. :):)

Ok thanks. Have you contacted them yet ? Ideally id love to be able to defer mine til August but I'm not in final year of college so don't know what to do
    Their response:

"I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email seeking deferral of your entry to the Garda College. As you are completing the final year of your Degree your request has been accepted.Please be advised that the decision to recruit further Garda Trainees is a matter to be determined by Government. There is no guarantee of you receiving an offer for the next intake as all offers are subject to your place on the Order of Merit. Although you were cleared for the May intake, should applicants ahead of you be cleared in advance of the next Intake they will be offered places first. If a decision is taken to recruit further Garda Trainees you may be required to undergo another medical examination and/or physical competence test prior to another offer being made for your entry into the Garda College.
    You will not be given a further deferral beyond this."

As for anyone who didn't get an offer with everything complete like (Wax100) you could be getting a call next week with an offer so best of luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

JN94 wrote: »
    Their response:

"I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email seeking deferral of your entry to the Garda College. As you are completing the final year of your Degree your request has been accepted.Please be advised that the decision to recruit further Garda Trainees is a matter to be determined by Government. There is no guarantee of you receiving an offer for the next intake as all offers are subject to your place on the Order of Merit. Although you were cleared for the May intake, should applicants ahead of you be cleared in advance of the next Intake they will be offered places first. If a decision is taken to recruit further Garda Trainees you may be required to undergo another medical examination and/or physical competence test prior to another offer being made for your entry into the Garda College.

As for anyone who didn't get an offer with everything complete like (Wax100) you could be getting a call next week with an offer so best of luck. :)

They didn't ask you for proof of your final college year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Anyone be up for setting up a WhatsApp group before going to induction? (provided it doesn't breach the social media policy). Its just so that we can discuss different things such as car pooling etc..There is no direct transport from where I am travelling.

ganthy wrote: »
    Anyone be up for setting up a WhatsApp group before going to induction? (provided it doesn't breach the social media policy). Its just so that we can discuss different things such as car pooling etc..There is no direct transport from where I am travelling.

For sure :)

For sure :)
    Great idea! :) From speaking to other people all the classes down there set up Whatsapp groups and that so shouldn't be an issue!

D Trent wrote: »
    They didn't ask you for proof of your final college year?
    No didn't ask me for proof yet anyway. I would say it would have been well documented on my file from things like acedemic references that I am in final year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cjgblm

Great idea! :) From speaking to other people all the classes down there set up Whatsapp groups and that so shouldn't be an issue!

Sounds like a great idea , I'll be travelling from mayo on the west coast so will be passing through mayo Roscommon through athlone and then south for templemore so anyone on that route that needs a lift pm me , better than a 4 hour journey alone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Ok. Anyone want to set it up? I would prefer not to be the admin but I will do so later if no else steps up.

Ok. Anyone want to set it up? I would prefer not to be the admin but I will do so later if no else steps up.
    If anyone wants to private message me their numbers I'll set one up shortly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Passed physical today at the 2nd attempt. Praying for a may invite. Anyone got confirmation places are left?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

Got an offer Thursday but deferring it as I am in my final year of college. Is there anyone here that deffered their January place and going in now in may? And was there any issue deferring it

Yeah sounds good bud :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Soby wrote: »
    Passed physical today at the 2nd attempt. Praying for a may invite. Anyone got confirmation places are left?

Well done! Can I ask how long between your first PCT and your retest? Did HRM send you out anything after you failed the first go?

As far as a May offer goes I'd say it depends on your OOM and the number of deferrals. HRM will know by Mon/Tues how many spaces they've got. So it's down to vetting, OOM and how long it takes the college to inform HRM that you passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Well done! Can I ask how long between your first PCT and your retest? Did HRM send you out anything after you failed the first go?

As far as a May offer goes I'd say it depends on your OOM and the number of deferrals. HRM will know by Mon/Tues how many spaces they've got. So it's down to vetting, OOM and how long it takes the college to inform HRM that you passed.

Did my first one late December. And nope no communication other than giving me my 2nd date .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ma77dgn

Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CW95

Their response:

Any idea how long the medical and physical tests last before they expire? Got an offer for the November intake and have deferred for final year like yourself

CW95 wrote: »
    Any idea how long the medical and physical tests last before they expire? Got an offer for the November intake and have deferred for final year like yourself
    I thought I read a while back in some old forms that the medical is only good for 6 months. After 6 months passes I think you have to redo the medical. Never heard of anyone doing the physical again after passing it but you never know. I think you will be doing the fitness test down in the college every couple of weeks anyway so if I am required to do it again it will be good training in my view.

Has the whatsapp group been setup yet :)??

• Advertisement

Yeah message me your number :)

Ya.. we're all best buds already hahah :)

Ya.. we're all best buds already hahah :)

let me in so, I've been waiting outside for ages hahaha .

let me in so, I've been waiting outside for ages hahaha .

I was going to make a joke about how we have to vet you first but not sure you're there yet!!! Hahaha

Ooh...to soon, That wound is still fresh haha

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Ooh...to soon, That wound is still fresh haha

Party is in full swing 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1407

I'm new to this and got the offer for May too:) can I jump in on the WhatsApp?!

1407 wrote: »
    I'm new to this and got the offer for May too:) can I jump in on the WhatsApp?!
    Message me your number and I'll add you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

1407 wrote: »
    I'm new to this and got the offer for May too:) can I jump in on the WhatsApp?![/quote
    Pm on your number and I'll add you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Their response:

Thanks man! I don't think so but maybe with the slightest bit of luck you never know! Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement