Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Just got an offer!! I can't believe it I'm over the moon!! Really didn't think if got one this late. Can I jump in on the WhatsApp group?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SOM2016

Wax100 wrote: »
    Just got an offer!! I can't believe it I'm over the moon!! Really didn't think if got one this late. Can I jump in on the WhatsApp group?!

OOM and campaign?

SOM2016 wrote: »
    OOM and campaign?

Low 300s and from 2015 campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Congrats! Come join the fun :)

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Congrats! Come join the fun :)

I'll pm you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Excellent you must be thrilled I was starting to think may was full because hadn't heard of any offers what campaign are you from do you mind me asking? Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Congratulations! I think that makes me the longest poster waiting on an offer now unfortunately

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Congratulations! I think that makes me the longest poster waiting on an offer now unfortunately

Don't lose hope!

Don't lose hope!

Cheers my time will come! Well hopefully haha

How long have you been waitng do you mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    How long have you been waitng do you mind me asking?

All stages done since October

Oh how frustrating, crazy how the system works you might still get an offer yet fingers crossed for ya :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

congrats dude. you have been waiting long enough. all the best for what's coming next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shar_11

First time posting here. I got offered a place for may only yeaterday, I'm so suprised...was loosing faith in May! Would you mind if I jumped into this WhatsApp too please..?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Shar_11 wrote: »
    First time posting here. I got offered a place for may only yeaterday, I'm so suprised...was loosing faith in May! Would you mind if I jumped into this WhatsApp too please..?

Message me your number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cpr_billy

Just recieved an offer ! GETUPPPPPP 8-D long time coming i sware!! Only thing is i have my BA final exams the induction week. Anyone know about deferring until august? Email says u wont be garanteed a place if u do?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Just to know. Invitations sent out by email ya???

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

Cpr_billy wrote: »
    Just recieved an offer ! GETUPPPPPP 8-D long time coming i sware!! Only thing is i have my BA final exams the induction week. Anyone know about deferring until august? Email says u wont be garanteed a place if u do?
    Cheers
    The email they send out about deferring is a standard legal email to cover their backs in the case that recruitment stopped in the morning. Deferred May myself and I have no doubt i'll be asked in August. I have my BA final exams the induction week and I know now that I couldn't do both so my advice would be to wait it out and do well in your exams and the offer will come again. After all with the accelerated recruitment if you have everything done and your finished college why wouldn't you get the shout.
    Best of luck with your decision anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grundy95

Just got offered a place in the may Intake can I jump on the whatsapp group please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Princess Charles

Hi all!

First time poster, long time creeper. I got offered a place in May, Induction on the 24th of April. Can I please be added to the WhatsApp group?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Hi all!

First time poster, long time creeper. I got offered a place in May, Induction on the 24th of April. Can I please be added to the WhatsApp group?
    Message me your number!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Keith.wicklow

Hi guys! First time poster. I start in May and have the induction week on the 24th of this month. Can i be added to the whatsapp group?
    Cheers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Hi guys! First time poster. I start in May and have the induction week on the 24th of this month. Can i be added to the whatsapp group?
    Cheers!!!
    Congrats
    When was yr physical?

D Trent wrote: »
    Congrats
    When was yr physical?

21st feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

May I ask when did U get a letter saying U are in? In other words how much notice did they give U before the intake?

• Advertisement

vodkacz wrote: »
    May I ask when did U get a letter saying U are in? In other words how much notice did they give U before the intake?

One month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EmmaKRoss

I'm May also! Can you add me to WhatsApp group please 😄

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow, exciting times ahead for you all...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 traceyf933

Can anyone tell me about the tattoos? I heard during the medical a form asks about tattoos? I have some on my arms and one on back of neck that are covered in long sleeved collared shirt is this ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

traceyf933 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about the tattoos? I heard during the medical a form asks about tattoos? I have some on my arms and one on back of neck that are covered in long sleeved collared shirt is this ok?

Yes that's fine once covered, my daughter has loads !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 js2017

Hope everyone who started is getting on well in Templemore!!

Just out of curiosity can anyone tell me how much you have to pay for the uniform and training gear when you get taken in? just trying to factor it into the budget if I get taken in August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

js2017 wrote:
    Hope everyone who started is getting on well in Templemore!!

js2017 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity can anyone tell me how much you have to pay for the uniform and training gear when you get taken in? just trying to factor it into the budget if I get taken in August

The figure of 400 euro is thrown around quite alot

• Registered Users Posts: 45 micjo123

Hey guys, you know the way there are three phases to the course? So phase one is 32 weeks in temple more, phase two is 34 weeks in a training staton and then there is phase 3.... how long is phase 3? Does anyone know? It just says on the website that its the independent phase but thats all it tells you. Are you a fully qualified Guard after you attest? Thanks!

Advertisement