Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

mabf wrote: »
    I have my PCT tomorrow and that will mean I have all stages done. I applied in the Sept 16 campaign and have an OOM of between 1 and 10. Hopefully I'll make the May intake!

M

Ive mine next week and I applied in September too, seems to be a good load left from Janruary yet but theres 200 places so its hard to know if i'll make it in at May or not! If they let ya know anything tomorrow let us know! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

There is a rake load left from 2015 and I'd say there is a few floating around from 2013 with everything complete but just waiting on vetting to clear just like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Hi there
    Haven't posted in awhile, does anybody know how they get the offers when they come around (eventually) is it by email or letter? Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

Wax100 wrote: »
    There is a rake load left from 2015 and I'd say there is a few floating around from 2013 with everything complete but just waiting on vetting to clear just like myself.

How come some people say there from 2015 and some say there from jan 16? thats the same campaign is it not? i thought the campaigns were 2013, January 16 and September 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

tomcwn wrote: »
    How come some people say there from 2015 and some say there from jan 16? thats the same campaign is it not? i thought the campaigns were 2013, January 16 and September 16?

some people go off of date of application and others off the first day they sat a test I guess?

And ill also guess ...Email.... most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

tomcwn wrote: »

Same campaign. We applied in 2015 so I guess some people call it that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

Amazed people from 2013 are still waiting i heard from Gards that it had been disbanded. Is it the OOM's are high and its taking time to get in? Hardly background checks etc still? Nearly better off having reapplied in the 2016 campaigns and do it all again to get a lower oom. Are people waiting over a year to get in with all checks done and dusted? Hardly waiting 3 years with their oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Howard828 wrote: »
    Amazed people from 2013 are still waiting i heard from Gards that it had been disbanded. Is it the OOM's are high and its taking time to get in? Hardly background checks etc still? Nearly better off having reapplied in the 2016 campaigns and do it all again to get a lower oom. Are people waiting over a year to get in with all checks done and dusted? Hardly waiting 3 years with their oom?
    That's what I was thinking too, you nearly would be better off reapplying to try a get a lower oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gerryboy911

Hello all!

I'm from the September 2016 campaign, oom ~250. I met the Super yesterday and I was told to expect to be called for May, if I pass the PCT that is!

Just wondering, would the induction week bring the start date back to April or will it be W/C 2nd May?

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redgreendragon

Hello all!

I'm from the September 2016 campaign, oom ~250. I met the Super yesterday and I was told to expect to be called for May, if I pass the PCT that is!

Just wondering, would the induction week bring the start date back to April or will it be W/C 2nd May?

Thanks guys!

Seems to be a lot hoping to get in for May. Just to put things into perspective I am from the Nov 2015 with an oom of in the 1000s. I was told that there was still a good few in front of me and so might not make May. So if only 200 in a class am not sure how you would make May but I could be completely wrong. Just trying to make sense of all the information posted here. I have all completed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd agree. I'm ruling myself out of May, no PCT done, not met anyone, vetting still outstanding and from 2015 campaign. I thought I had a good chance at this stage for May, but with vetting outstanding, not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hoops1994

have they announced when the next intake will be after may?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

hoops1994 wrote: »
    have they announced when the next intake will be after may?

August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

I was told the same both by HRM and local inspector. I'm not too far off your OOM also.induction will begin on the 3rd week of April with a second one the week after. 2nd of May then would be the official start date of your training.

Seems to be a lot hoping to get in for May. Just to put things into perspective I am from the Nov 2015 with an oom of in the 1000s. I was told that there was still a good few in front of me and so might not make May. So if only 200 in a class am not sure how you would make May but I could be completely wrong. Just trying to make sense of all the information posted here. I have all completed

Ya it does seem like that but last time I was talking to the girl in HRM circa the Feb intake she told me that they had a good few drop outs and had very few people with fully completed files to take their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Does anyone know what the drop out rate is? I know the Novmeber 2016,4 dropped out of the class few weeks into entering Templemore. I wonder does many not accept the offer they may call People with their place with very short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

AlisonT123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the drop out rate is? I know the Novmeber 2016,4 dropped out of the class few weeks into entering Templemore. I wonder does many not accept the offer they may call People with their place with very short notice

Why would people drop out so soon ?

AlisonT123 wrote: »

Not sure what the drop out rate is. But in my local station there's been a young Garda there now about two years. The time he applied there was a few people who dropped out or didn't want the position. So he had medical, met sergeant /superintendent, physical, within ten days of eachother and started in templemore the week after. So basically be prepared for anything lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

Wouldn't be too quick to listen to inspectors, sergeants etc about the intakes, HR can't tell themselves until the date gets closer to see whos where etc. I know for a fact in the first campaign, they used ooms from 0 to over 1000 to fill 200 spots. Someone whos oom is 300 more than me can get in ahead so anything goes from here on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kerryblue03

How much training does it take to eat ice cream on duty, use a barton and make reports full of lies on people they dislike to TUASLA it's pig season alright

How much training does it take to eat ice cream on duty, use a barton and make reports full of lies on people they dislike to TUASLA it's pig season alright

*baton

*TUSLA

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

It's funny, that guy would consider English his 1st language.

kfitzerp wrote: »
    It's funny, that guy would consider English his 1st language.

And I thought all Kerry folk were pure sound!!!

Howard828 wrote:
    Wouldn't be too quick to listen to inspectors, sergeants etc about the intakes, HR can't tell themselves until the date gets closer to see whos where etc. I know for a fact in the first campaign, they used ooms from 0 to over 1000 to fill 200 spots. Someone whos oom is 300 more than me can get in ahead so anything goes from here on.

Very true but I know for a fact that all vetting forms that went out to districts this week were requested to be back in HRM by weeks end. Your right about the OOM being used being all over the place

use a barton

Never had a need to use a Joey Barton before, sounds painful. If I had a football team, I suppose he could come in handy.

• Advertisement

Haha we're not even into training yet and we're already getting hate, typical. Better get used to it guys lol

Haha we're not even into training yet and we're already getting hate, typical. Better get used to it guys lol

Should we tell him we prefer donuts??! Gonna need a very thick skin for this job guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Someone got themselves a few penalty points by the sounds of this.
    Either that, or a disgruntled applicant. Judging by the post I would guess it was aptitude test that did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

MEOW!! Milk for the kitty please!! Hahah

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Should we tell him we prefer donuts??! Gonna need a very thick skin for this job guys :)

And patience, lots and lots of that is needed, mainly in the application stages :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Just wondering folks of anyone knows do we pay for meals etc when we are in Templemore. Can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Just wondering folks of anyone knows do we pay for meals etc when we are in Templemore. Can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.

No we don't :)

IceWeasel wrote: »

It's full board but tea is very early, at 5.30 most people go to the chipper in the evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

DooraGirl wrote:
    No we don't

Henry2006 wrote:
    It's full board but tea is very early, at 5.30 most people go to the chipper in the evening

Thanks very much for the quick reply that should make living on the €184 that bit easier

€184 will get you a couple of pints on a Wednesday evening haha

Gnr_Iver wrote: »

:):):)

If I remember correctly, you get your basic meals for free, but you can get extras like bottles of coke and stuff, you then pay for these at the till. There's a shop on site aswell normal down the sticks prices, none of them mad rip off prices you get in Dublin :pac:

There's also a Lidl just up the road, grab a few weekly specials :p

I may have to give up my gin habit!!! Haha

Lidl, Cans, Socks, Pints. Use the imagination, I know I will be if I am on 184€ per week! Think I was on more on my first job and that was 20 hours a week.

I may have to give up my gin habit!!! Haha

Not at all..embrace it haha

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    Lidl, Cans, Socks, Pints. Use the imagination, I know I will be if I am on 184€ per week! Think I was on more on my first job and that was 20 hours a week.

Aye, I can imagine my piggy bank will be smashed sooner than expected. It's all part of the experience I suppose. I read up on the allowance and it was at one stage €205 pw. Couple extra euro would go far

Not at all..embrace it haha

I drank jager bombs, shots, pints and cocktails my first time in college!! I'm more mature now so will be propping up the bar with gin bowls. I'll only be able to afford one and probably be half cut off it at my age. Win win hahaha

I drank jager bombs, shots, pints and cocktails my first time in college!! I'm more mature now so will be propping up the bar with gin bowls. I'll only be able to afford one and probably be half cut off it at my age. Win win hahaha

Haha that's the stuff! Get it into you :)

Isn't there a gin drought at the moment? :(

Isn't there a gin drought at the moment? :(

WHAT?????!!!!!! :(

There's plenty of Guinness though :):)

There's plenty of Guinness though :):)

The good aul Vitiman G!!!

WHAT?????!!!!!! :(

Think its all good now, there was a shortage or problem with the berry's that make the gin flavor.

The good aul Vitiman G!!!

A pint of plain is your only man !!

• Advertisement

Think its all good now, there was a shortage or problem with the berry's that make the gin flavor.

Phew... my Saturday night out is saved!!!!

Advertisement