Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

Anyone hoping for may here anything about your vetting yet? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

I rang before Christmas and was told it was cleared!

DooraGirl wrote: »
    I rang before Christmas and was told it was cleared!

I rang the other day and was told that mine is still outstanding. Its getting very frustrating now. I was initially hoping for february now im worrying i might not even make the may intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Not a word! I tried to contact them by carrier pigeon last week to see if that would bring some good news haha . Long story short the bird never returned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

I rang the other day and was told that mine is still outstanding. Its getting very frustrating now. I was initially hoping for february now im worrying i might not even make the may intake.[/quote]

Have you met your local guards yet?
    M

• Advertisement

mabf wrote: »
    I rang the other day and was told that mine is still outstanding. Its getting very frustrating now. I was initially hoping for february now im worrying i might not even make the may intake.

M[/quote]

M
    [/quote]

Yes i had a meeting with a sergeant and the superintendent back in october/november.. I have everything complete apart from the vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Who do ya ring to find out about vetting? Is it the number for HRM on the bottom of emails or is it the college?

Who do ya ring to find out about vetting? Is it the number for HRM on the bottom of emails or is it the college?

It's at the bottom of the emails bud

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    It's at the bottom of the emails bud

Then arent very helpful at all i think. Its either a yes or a no with them. I know they probably get hundreds of calls every though in fairness

• Advertisement

Then arent very helpful at all i think. Its either a yes or a no with them. I know they probably get hundreds of calls every though in fairness

Yeah very unhelpful , fair enough they're very busy but they could at least have a small conversation with people who are worried about it

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

To be honest the more people who ring the less time they have to spend on processing applicants. Also they're not under any obligation to give out info on vetting so I'd be happy with a yes or no

It's nice to be nice bud, that's all I'm saying

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know what the story is with people entering Templemore that already have a degree. Is it any benefit at all once you join?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

IceWeasel wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know what the story is with people entering Templemore that already have a degree. Is it any benefit at all once you join?

you jump up a 3 steps on the payscale I belive after probation

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

Glad to finally be part of this group , anyone thoughts on when may offers are likely?

Newgirl17 wrote: »
    Glad to finally be part of this group , anyone thoughts on when may offers are likely?

Weekend of Paddys

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Depotdoc

Weekend of Paddys

My money's on 16th of March

Depotdoc wrote: »
    My money's on 16th of March

What a great birthday weekend that would be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PaulD4

Has anybody else received an email titled Garda Trainee Information Day - Saturday 11th March, 2017 - 10am? Or has anyone been to one of these before? I'm from the September 2016 campaign and haven't done anything since passing my interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

PaulD4 wrote: »
    Has anybody else received an email titled Garda Trainee Information Day - Saturday 11th March, 2017 - 10am? Or has anyone been to one of these before? I'm from the September 2016 campaign and haven't done anything since passing my interview.

Yes I received this also. It's just an opportunity to get a feel for the fitness test.
    I believe the allow you to do the first few levels of the beep test, an attempt at the push pull and to walk the obstacle course.

Attendance isn't necessary but people claim it's beneficial.

Will be going on that date as well should I pass the medical on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

I never asked tgem, but they've told me my applications complete. Presuming all boxes are ticked so heres to the looong wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

DooraGirl wrote: »
    What a great birthday weekend that would be :)

That would be the best birthday pressie ever, fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you :)

Weekend of Paddys

It is possible that you could get the call at the last minute though according to one of the local guards so i wouldnt lose hope of may if you do not get your offer by mid march

Ah sure I've no hope for May anyway going off previous intakes. They just seem to float on by haha.

Good luck to all with fully completed vetting not to long left to wait now :):)

Henry2006 wrote: »
    That would be the best birthday pressie ever, fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you :)

Haha I know! I'm giddy at the thought if it! Hopefully get the first round offers. Maybe 2 weeks or so more to wait.. It's a killer!!! :)

Ah sure I've no hope for May anyway going off previous intakes. They just seem to float on by haha.

Good luck to all with fully completed vetting not to long left to wait now :):)

I can feel it in my waters that it's your time Gnr_Iver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

me too!

As much as I appreciate the optimism haha, I really cant see it happening. I was going to send HR an email but didn't bother afterwards, Mondays and bad news isn't a good mix :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Ye I think I'll wait until next week or later in the week to bother them again!

Yeah I couldn't be dealing with it today ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EHbally

I applied in Dec 2015 , passed my medical and physical in early February and I have everything else done ( I met the super and Sargent) so am I done now or is there additional vetting after that ?? I'll surely be called for may ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

EHbally wrote: »
    I applied in Dec 2015 , passed my medical and physical in early February and I have everything else done ( I met the super and Sargent) so am I done now or is there additional vetting after that ?? I'll surely be called for may ???

It's sent up to the commissioner for final approval, you just got to wait it out now on a date! Best of luck.

Thanks TallGlass ����

Your vetting needs to be completed and your OOM reached to be called for May.

• Advertisement

What's OOM .?

What's OOM .?

Order Of Merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Anyone know the OOM of the Feb class members? My own is +1100. Would love May!

I think they are up to the late 900's. chap from around my area got in with an oom around that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

I'm about that mark pre interview 1100, 650 or so post interview. Everything seems to have moved fine and well vetting should of went fine.

Just hoping I make the May intake. Will be a nice feeling finally handing the notice in work!

Being from the January 2016 campaign it's been a long slog, fair play to those waiting even longer than that.

• Advertisement

-snip-

Thanks for the well wishes x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi all,

Does anybody know if garda trainees entering the college would be entitled to a tax refund or anything like that from their current roles?

Thinking of giving revenue a shout about this,

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

I finally caved and decided to contact HR about my vetting. 1st time doing so. Got a very vague response saying checks were ongoing.

Nervous three weeks ahead! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

I got the same response so feeling the exact same!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Afraid to contact them myself haha!

Wonder what the last PCT date is before first round offers are out. Know there is one on the 21st of March. Think they will wait for that one before first round offers? Just wondering as there are people with very differing OOMs waiting for May. I'm sure there will be people with higher OOMs than some people already here that will be on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

I'm afraid to ring hrm, just in case I annoy them and they throw my file further down the pile haha

I feel yer pain lads n lassies :) ha ''tis a horrid world we're living in.

Just want this to be over with so I can get on with my life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hb1986

Hoping for May intake, OOM of 700's from Dec 15, file complete so fingers Crossed

Hb1986 wrote: »
    Hoping for May intake, OOM of 700's from Dec 15, file complete so fingers Crossed

When did you find out that your vetting was cleared if you dont mind me asking?

• Advertisement
Advertisement