Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hb1986

When did you find out that your vetting was cleared if you dont mind me asking?

Two weeks ago was told it was complete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

1st of March!!! Hoping this month brings great news for all here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Hearing that so many people are still waiting from previous campaigns makes me doubtful for May. Im from the Sept 16 campaign with a very low OOM (top 10) everything completed though. Here's hoping.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

mabf wrote: »
    Hearing that so many people are still waiting from previous campaigns makes me doubtful for May. Im from the Sept 16 campaign with a very low OOM (top 10) everything completed though. Here's hoping.

M

You should def get offered a place, I think the vetting is holding up a lot of applicants but if you've cleared that I'd say your in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

Henry2006 wrote: »
    You should def get offered a place, I think the vetting is holding up a lot of applicants but if you've cleared that I'd say your in :)

I don't know how you can say he should definitely get offered a place for May when the OOM goes up as far as the 1400s for jan 2016 campaign. I'm early 1000's and my file is complete but sure look at HB1986, hes 700's and his file is complete so you would imagine he will be called. There is an awful lot seem to be hoping for may, its gonna be interesting when these offers do eventually come out :confused:

tomcwn wrote: »
    I don't know how you can say he should definitely get offered a place for May when the OOM goes up as far as the 1400s for jan 2016 campaign. I'm early 1000's and my file is complete but sure look at HB1986, hes 700's and his file is complete so you would imagine he will be called. There is an awful lot seem to be hoping for may, its gonna be interesting when these offers do eventually come out :confused:

Sorry about that, I'm confused on OOM and thought that if you have all stages passed and vetting cleared that it is the OOM that gets you in, his is 10 which is very high so thought he would but I clearly have this very wrong. Can you explain how the OOM works ?

Sorry about that, I'm confused on OOM and thought that if you have all stages passed and vetting cleared that it is the OOM that gets you in, his is 10 which is very high so thought he would but I clearly have this very wrong. Can you explain how the OOM works ?

He/she is from the campaign after us which means those from Jan 2016 will be called before him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Just wondering folks did ye get an email after PCT to say all stages were complete. I have rang and they said all stages were complete for me including vetting but the last mention of OOM I can seem to find was on my public jobs account after the interview. Is this is OOM we still go by?

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Just wondering folks did ye get an email after PCT to say all stages were complete. I have rang and they said all stages were complete for me including vetting but the last mention of OOM I can seem to find was on my public jobs account after the interview. Is this is OOM we still go by?

Sure is :) We dont get any confirmation email that everything is complete. I rang as well and was told my vetting complete so it's just the waiting game now!

• Advertisement

DooraGirl wrote:
    Sure is We dont get any confirmation email that everything is complete. I rang as well and was told my vetting complete so it's just the waiting game now!

Greats thanks for the speedy reply DooraGirl. That's good so fingers crossed now for an offer for us all this month. I'm from Jan 2016 campaign and OOM in the early 100's. Anyone here similar to this?

Greats thanks for the speedy reply DooraGirl. That's good so fingers crossed now for an offer for us all this month. I'm from Jan 2016 campaign and OOM in the early 100's. Anyone here similar to this?

No worries. In between sets at the gym :D You're well ahead of me.. no fear of ya. I can't see how you wouldn't be offered a place :)

DooraGirl wrote:
    No worries. In between sets at the gym You're well ahead of me.. no fear of ya. I can't see how you wouldn't be offered a place

Keep up those sets I'm just trying to get the motivation to walk up to the gym in the rain. May get in some kind of shape before I have to put on those dreaded speedos I have been hearing about for swimming.

Keep up those sets I'm just trying to get the motivation to walk up to the gym in the rain. May get in some kind of shape before I have to put on those dreaded speedos I have been hearing about for swimming.

About 9 weeks to start date!! (Hopefully) Loads of time for us to get our swimmimg bods sorted hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EHbally

Does anyone know how to check your order of merit ??

EHbally wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to check your order of merit ??

It's the one you received after you passed your interview. It will be in your public jobs messages :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

A little over 2 weeks to go before week 1 induction offers!! :( All those "what if's" are coming back...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

I wonder what the chances of vetting being cleared in the next couple of weeks are !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

In my experience, Very little chance. But everyone else seems to be in the same boat lately with vetting delays. It is possible that they may speed things up to fill the intake but you never know..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

Good to know thanks for that. We will keep the faith for now.

DooraGirl wrote: »
    He/she is from the campaign after us which means those from Jan 2016 will be called before him/her.

oh I know 2016 have to get placed first, there are also some from 2013. My understanding is that when all successful applicants from both campaigns are placed that they will start offering places to Sep 2016 and the ones with a high OOM would get placed first, or have I got this completely arseways lol

• Advertisement

oh I know 2016 have to get placed first, there are also some from 2013. My understanding is that when all successful applicants from both campaigns are placed that they will start offering places to Sep 2016 and the ones with a high OOM would get placed first, or have I got this completely arseways lol

No that's pretty much spot on :)

No that's pretty much spot on :)

Thank god for that thought I was losing the plot, so much info on here that it's hard to keep up !

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Starting to get nervous. Just want the offers to come out already!

AM11 wrote: »
    Starting to get nervous. Just want the offers to come out already!

We're all in the same boat! Tis a nerve wrecking time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Just phoned up and vetting is still outstanding that's all I got! Quite disappointing and frustrating 👎ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Just phoned up and vetting is still outstanding. Disappointing and frustrating times!

And whats you OOM and recruitment drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maura017

Hey guys, my oom is 1233, Have my fitness on Saturday dreading it...do ya think i'll still have a chance for may?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

oh I know 2016 have to get placed first, there are also some from 2013. My understanding is that when all successful applicants from both campaigns are placed that they will start offering places to Sep 2016 and the ones with a high OOM would get placed first, or have I got this completely arseways lol[/quote

Hi I believe it works like this. If I come OOM 200 in 2013 and you come OOM 200 in 2016 then I will get called before you - given both our vetting is cleared that is

You'll be grand maura017. Push through. I'd say it would be cutting it close for May but you never know. None of us do! Focus on passing on Saturday, that's all you can control at this point. Good luck

• Advertisement

kfitzerp wrote: »

oh I know 2016 have to get placed first, there are also some from 2013. My understanding is that when all successful applicants from both campaigns are placed that they will start offering places to Sep 2016 and the ones with a high OOM would get placed first, or have I got this completely arseways lol[/quote

Hi I believe it works like this. If I come OOM 200 in 2013 and you come OOM 200 in 2016 then I will get called before you - given both our vetting is cleared that is
    Thanks for reply, theres still lots from the last 2 campaigns and I'm wondering why there vetting is taking so long, it must be so frustrating for them to have everything done bar vetting and then see a blow in from most recent campaign get a place. Its a strange process they have, doesn't really make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

With the OOM, id presume its filtered through each campaign. If someone has 300 oom from 2013 and another person has 200 from 2016, 2013 will get preference even though its higher, it wouldn't make sense to give 2016 preference, cause that competition may be "easier" because 2013 people wouldnt have reapplied for the gards in 2016,
    In 2013 the best applicant went through making it easier the next year because your not actually against them now for a spot. If u get 5000 oom in 2013 and reapplied in 2016 u might get a way lower oom because of different competition

Howard828 wrote: »
    With the OOM, id presume its filtered through each campaign. If someone has 300 oom from 2013 and another person has 200 from 2016, 2013 will get preference even though its higher, it wouldn't make sense to give 2016 preference, cause that competition may be "easier" because 2013 people wouldnt have reapplied for the gards in 2016,
    In 2013 the best applicant went through making it easier the next year because your not actually against them now for a spot. If u get 5000 oom in 2013 and reapplied in 2016 u might get a way lower oom because of different competition
    Yeah I get that but it must be so frustrating for applicants to be waiting so long for vetting when they have everything else cleared. I think it would be really useful if there was some way applicants can log in and see what stage they are at and how many ahead of them, that way at least you can plan things, especially if you have families

Its VERY frustrating!

maura017 wrote: »
    Hey guys, my oom is 1233, Have my fitness on Saturday dreading it...do ya think i'll still have a chance for may?

I was told by someone who rang HR recently that May is almost full.. just waiting for the offers to come out! It's all speculation though... we all might get through. Higher OOMs may get called due to vetting. It's so hard trying to just sit tight and wait. My poor brain is fried from it all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dantheman31

Hey

New to boards- I'm from Jan 16 Campaign, OOM late 800's and have my pct on the 21st march, delayed to me needing to get laser done! Im fairly confident ill pass as im training hard. I also have been informed my vetting has been cleared :)

I am just wondering what my chances are for getting into may with pct been on the 21st march? Im slightly confused with offers are there first and second rounds of offers?

I rang HR no help at all no info given!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Not trying to be blunt here but people coming on asking will I make the May intake,nobody in this can know/Answer that question,I'm waiting and hoping for May but I have no idea will I get into it,I'm not bothered cause at 1 stage or another I'll be in so I think just go with it and youl get there eventually(I'm from 2015)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

I was told by someone who rang HR recently that May is almost full.. just waiting for the offers to come out! It's all speculation though... we all might get through. Higher OOMs may get called due to vetting. It's so hard trying to just sit tight and wait. My poor brain is fried from it all!!!
    Have you done your PCT test already??

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    Have you done your PCT test already??

Yep. Passed on the 14th of January

• Advertisement

Thanks Dooragirl and congrats!! All doesn't make any sense though I have 2 friends who went in recently one in the Nov intake and the other in the Feb intake and both got an offer days after passing their PCT test, so its hard to figure out. I'm part of the Jan 2016 campaign, I had a deferral at my medical which pushed me back but things are moving fast now again have Fitness test end of March with vetting complete who knows where I stand. Good luck to all!!

Im in the same boat. what date is your pct? Im the 21st was just wondering if offers would be already out by that stage though

Fingers crossd for everyone!

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Not trying to be blunt here but people coming on asking will I make the May intake,nobody in this can know/Answer that question,I'm waiting and hoping for May but I have no idea will I get into it,I'm not bothered cause at 1 stage or another I'll be in so I think just go with it and youl get there eventually(I'm from 2015)

I totally appreciate where you're coming from. But I guess I'm waiting so long (like many others) and the way my circumstances are at the moment, I'll be devestated if I don't get May. But such is life. Coming on here for the chats and speculation excites me and I see no harm in it :)

Im in the same boat. what date is your pct? Im the 21st was just wondering if offers would be already out by that stage though
    My date is 25th March so ive no idea what way they will work it, I think there is a lot of "hearsay" so its hard not to be sucked in. In my opinion it boils down to your vetting being complete at the time offers come out. How are you finding training for the test.

We both have our vetting complete which is good. What is your OOM? Im late 800's. Im training hard for it every day but the bleep test will probably be my weak spot. what about yourself?

• Advertisement

We both have our vetting complete which is good. What is your OOM? Im late 800's. Im training hard for it every day but the bleep test will probably be my weak spot. what about yourself?
    I'm same 830 I think , ya getting on ok get days were I do well and others where I struggle with bleep ive been training hard since October so hoping it pays off.... Sit ups will be the death of me !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

At the moment there is a lot of hear say going on. HRM are the only people who really know and aren't often very forthcoming with information.

The offers for May will be out in a few weeks. Congratulations to those who get them, some of you have waited excruciatingly long and fair play for sticking it out. If you don't get an offer and despite completing everything you feeling you should then I'd say give HRM a ring. They might be in a better position to tell you where your application stands and if there is still space in May.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that in a few weeks we'll be starting a new thread called Garda Trainee Class August 2017 and in a few months another called Garda Trainee Class November 2017.

Potentially 600 places are available this year, everyone's time will come eventually.

If threads annoy you, it's very easy to unfollow them. Just so everyone is aware ;)

At the moment there is a lot of hear say going on. HRM are the only people who really know and aren't often very forthcoming with information.

The offers for May will be out in a few weeks. Congratulations to those who get them, some of you have waited excruciatingly long and fair play for sticking it out. If you don't get an offer and despite completing everything you feeling you should then I'd say give HRM a ring. They might be in a better position to tell you where your application stands and if there is still space in May.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that in a few weeks we'll be starting a new thread called Garda Trainee Class August 2017 and in a few months another called Garda Trainee Class November 2017.

Potentially 600 places are available this year, everyone's time will come eventually.
    Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

My man

• Advertisement
Advertisement