Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Genuinely not looking forward to next week at all now. You know yourself, it's a 1 in a million chance for us.

Yeah it's a kick in the ***** alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Wax100 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a kick in the ***** alright

When did you do your physical ?

When did you do your physical ?

August!

Wax100 wrote: »
    August!

Might as well be a lifetime ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pacman1

Does anyone know roughly how long they were waiting for Vetting to be all cleared after meeting with the Super once the files were sent back to HR ?

• Advertisement

pacman1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long they were waiting for Vetting to be all cleared after meeting with the Super once the files were sent back to HR ?

There is no way of answering that bud, you could be waiting weeks or months. Some people seems to be lucky with vetting but I've been waiting 9 months for mine to clear

01 6662353

^^ is this the HR number ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

01 6662353

^^ is this the HR number ?

Appointments office

01-6662571

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pacman1

Thanks for the reply Gnr_Iver, if you don't mind me asking have you or any relatives ever lived abroad ? And yes that's HR's number

pacman1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Gnr_Iver, if you don't mind me asking have you or any relatives ever lived abroad ? And yes that's HR's number

No I don't have any living abroad but I lived in the Uk for a couple of years so that's probably what's holding it up for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

No I don't have any living abroad but I lived in the Uk for a couple of years so that's probably what's holding it up for me

Well, did you call??!

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Well, did you call??!

No not yet, I'll give them a buzz later on. Dunno what good it'll do but sure look it ha .

No not yet, I'll give them a buzz later on. Dunno what good it'll do but sure look it ha .

Do let us know what they say.

Aye, no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Anyone have the HR number handy ?

Is it not on your arm at this stage?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Is it not on your arm at this stage?! :D

Speed dial 1

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

well Gnr_Iver, any update?

Answer is still the same unfortunately. :(

Is it that its back but with the commissioner or not back yet? There's still time regardless.

When do people think the induction weeks will be and the start date?

AM11 wrote: »
    Is it that its back but with the commissioner or not back yet? There's still time regardless.

Induction week 1- 18th to the 21st of April
    Week 2.. 24th/25th to the 28th April.

Then start together on the 2nd of May :)

• Advertisement

Induction week 1- 18th to the 21st of April
    Week 2.. 24th/25th to the 28th April.

Then start together on the 2nd of May :)

Thanks. Did HRM or someone tell you the dates or is it an assumption?

Thanks. Did HRM or someone tell you the dates or is it an assumption?

Well May 2nd is definitely start date.. and the induction weeks are usually always the 2 weeks before that. 17th of April is a Bank Holiday.. so maybe half assumptions :)

Well May 2nd is definitely start date.. and the induction weeks are usually always the 2 weeks before that. 17th of April is a Bank Holiday.. so maybe half assumptions :)

Okay cool. I was thinking those dates too but I suppose we won't know til the offers come out. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 JS533

The day I walk in those gates to start will be great but that's when the real tests begin. Life is fairly all over the place until we get in but Im trying to enjoy it before the real madness starts haha. Hope everyone's managing.

JS533 wrote: »
    The day I walk in those gates to start will be great but that's when the real tests begin. Life is fairly all over the place until we get in but Im trying to enjoy it before the real madness starts haha. Hope everyone's managing.

Just about!! I actually can't wait for the challenge and I'm so ready for it. Life is on pause at the moment :/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Just about!! I actually can't wait for the challenge and I'm so ready for it. Life is on pause at the moment :/

That's exactly how I feel! Just so anxious to get started hopefully it's sooner rather than later for the both of us

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    That's exactly how I feel! Just so anxious to get started hopefully it's sooner rather than later for the both of us

:)

Still waiting on a decision at the moment. Deffo out of the running for May!! Great stuff :(:(

Still waiting on a decision at the moment. Deffo out of the running for May!! Great stuff :(:(

Did they say that??!

• Advertisement

Did they say that??!

They didn't have to, to be honest I know I won't be getting an offer. Let down after let down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hope you get sorted soon Gnr_ivr

We might have to start a petition to get you on the next intake!!

They didn't have to, to be honest I know I won't be getting an offer. Let down after let down!

Am I right in saying that it's not just enough to have all your vetting cleared so??!

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hope you get sorted soon Gnr_ivr

We might have to start a petition to get you on the next intake!!

Cheers :)

Am I right in saying that it's not just enough to have all your vetting cleared so??!

I deffo think there's more to it. Not sure what but there must be something else hidden away that's holding me up :)

But have they said your vetting is back?

• Advertisement

But have they said your vetting is back?

I got an answer from one of them about a month ago saying that it's gone for a decision and until it's back it's classed as outstanding.

Basically, my file could be on the long finger for a long time yet while I wait for a decision to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

I got an answer from one of them about a month ago saying that it's gone for a decision and until it's back it's classed as outstanding.

Basically, my file could be on the long finger for a long time yet while I wait for a decision to be made.

But how long has it been gone for decision do u know, if only in the last month, it may nearly be there. If its ongoing 6 months thats different, is that the one thing thats made u miss other intakes. If so keep pushing id think.

Howard828 wrote: »
    But how long has it been gone for decision do u know, if only in the last month, it may nearly be there. If its ongoing 6 months thats different, is that the one thing thats made u miss other intakes. If so keep pushing id think.

Yeah, that's the only thing bud

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

Final decision is the commissioner stamp

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Justdoit_90

Passed my fitness test about 6 weeks ago. Haven't heard much since so might ring HR and see what the story is with my vetting. What info do i need when calling them and are they helpful ?

• Advertisement

just your name and when you applied

Passed my fitness test about 6 weeks ago. Haven't heard much since so might ring HR and see what the story is with my vetting. What info do i need when calling them and are they helpful ?

You wouldn't hear anything until you are called. I called and found them very helpful. Some people have had a different experience though. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

Just rang HR there and they told me that 3 out of the 4 sections of my garda vetting were completed and they are waiting on the final section. Anyone else on the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

Just rang HR there and they told me that 3 out of the 4 sections of my garda vetting were completed and they are waiting on the final section. Anyone else on the same boat?

who the hell are you ringing? I rang them there not 20 mins ago swear i was asking for nuclear launch codes. say i'm not gonna make may now just by the way they were going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

WARRIOR08 wrote: »
    who the hell are you ringing? I rang them there not 20 mins ago swear i was asking for nuclear launch codes. say i'm not gonna make may now just by the way they were going on.

All depends on who picks up the phone!

It really depends who answers the phone. I've been told one day thay they cant give any info at all and a week later told similar info to Crombiiiie991. It would be great if they had some kind of log in system. Even if all you would see was a status - Pending - Completed etc.

WARRIOR08 wrote: »

What did they say!?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

What did they say!?

they asked me what campaign i was from apparently it's 2015. i asked what was outstanding on my application. they said that I had outstanding vetting to be completed. i asked which part. they said the vetting and multiple parts. i asked when would i know if i was going to get may or not. they said if there is a class going in and your vetting is done. So i doubt ill get may. low 700's oom

Thats pretty much the most you'll ever get from them!

WARRIOR08, I know exactly how you feel. Its like pulling teeth with them when you're trying to get some information haha. I know their hearts must be broke with people constantly asking about it, but they should fix the system so its faster. That way they wont have to listen to us going on about it.

An online tracker system would be the right job. like ordering something off Amazon haha :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement