Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee Class May 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Butters97

Just got word on my medical 2 days ago, who contacts you about metting with the sergeant and superintendent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Haha no bother :) that's the way to have it, plenty of drink to be had.

Oh jesus... mortified!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Oh jesus... mortified!!!!

How's the head this morning pal?? :) haha

How's the head this morning pal?? :) haha

Full of gin!!! Drunk Snapping and texting I can deal with... but drunk talking on Boards?! That's a new one!!!!haha . Hope you had a few last night to celebrate :)

Full of gin!!! Drunk Snapping and texting I can deal with... but drunk talking on Boards?! That's a new one!!!!haha . Hope you had a few last night to celebrate :)

Ah embrace it :) No I won't be heading out until it's official to celebrate. Don't want to jinx it ha.
    I'm flat out working as it is, dunno how I'm gonna handle the massive pay decrease. My poor piggy bank is gonna be ruined :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

Actually will we be getting taxed on the €184 we are going to be getting weekly. The pay drop for me is already big enough and coupled with Dublin rents I could do without paying much tax on the €184. Anyway the sacrifice will be worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kobayashi.Maru

Well, it took me awhile to believe her but my vetting has finally been cleared. I'm now to expect an offer for May in the coming weeks.

I genuinely thought she was playing a cruel trick haha, " ah you're messin" I said this can't be right.
    No, no it's definitely cleared, she said.

Be jaysus, that's grand so...:):)

Long time snooper of these threads... Brilliant news, delighted for you - you've some patience!! Fingers crossed you get that May offer!

IceWeasel wrote: »
    Actually will we be getting taxed on the €184 we are going to be getting weekly. The pay drop for me is already big enough and coupled with Dublin rents I could do without paying much tax on the €184. Anyway the sacrifice will be worth it in the long run.

It's paid weekly by cheque, every Wednesday i think. And I'm not sure if it's taxable. I suppose once you're tax credits are sorted and you've had a chat with revenue, you shouldn't lose anything really because you're earnings will be far to low.

Gnr_Iver wrote:
    It's paid weekly by cheque, every Wednesday i think. And I'm not sure if it's taxable. I suppose once you're tax credits are sorted and you've had a chat with revenue, you shouldn't lose anything really because you're earnings will be far to low.

That's what I was thinking myself with regards to tax. Didn't realise it was by cheque though that's interesting. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Great news Gnr_Ivr!! Delighted for you. Hopefully we'll all be having some celebratory drinks on Thursday eve!

• Advertisement

AM11 wrote: »
    Great news Gnr_Ivr!! Delighted for you. Hopefully we'll all be having some celebratory drinks on Thursday eve!

Aye bud, now you've said it. Hopefully it comes Thursday so I can have a good weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Delighted for you man! Hopefully I will be joining you!

Wax100 wrote: »
    Delighted for you man! Hopefully I will be joining you!

Cheers bud, soon as the email arrives I'll be delighted.

Yeah, hopefully you get sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Guys random question but what did ye bring to eat for yer break at the PCT, I presume you being your own food??

Marksy8429 wrote:
    Guys random question but what did ye bring to eat for yer break at the PCT, I presume you being your own food??

I didn't eat during the break. Had pasta and tuna about 2 hours before the test and that got me through but from what I remember people brought their own food with them. I think there were vending machines down there too with crisps and sweets in them

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

These last few weeks I've been using Boards.ie more than Facebook or Snapchat!! Hoping for an offer on Thursday. We're all like one big family here! haha

M

mabf wrote: »
    These last few weeks I've been using Boards.ie more than Facebook or Snapchat!! Hoping for an offer on Thursday. We're all like one big family here! haha

M

Haha yeah that's true. We've all got the same ultimate goal at the end of the day, stepping through those gates as Garda Trainee's.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

IceWeasel wrote:
    That's what I was thinking myself with regards to tax. Didn't realise it was by cheque though that's interesting. Thanks for the reply.

IceWeasel wrote:

You get paid into the bank, only by cheque if you don't have a bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Does anyone have the heads up on what the sergeant or super asks you when they meet with you? Is it a formal interview again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

AlisonT123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the heads up on what the sergeant or super asks you when they meet with you? Is it a formal interview again ?

Neither of mine were formal,took 5 mins each and it was all laughs and jokes,saying that others have been more serious and I did wear a suit to see the super!

AlisonT123 wrote: »

I think it can vary a lot! Mine was very casual too. Super giving out to me for not knowing he was my neighbour! He asked had I always wanted to be a guard.. I said no! We had a good chat about going in to the job later in life etc. They might just mention if something comes up about your family. Two of my brothers were mentioned- nothing major they said. Just had to mention it!!

T - 4 days and counting :):):)

T - 4 days and counting :):):)

They'd never be out earlier than that would they?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redgreendragon

So everyone seems fairly confident that offers will be out Thursday. When would we expect the second round offeres to be out? The following week?

Anyone know exactly what way the offers work?Is it people declining in week 1 offers are passed to other people in week 2?Or hows it work?

• Advertisement

They'd never be out earlier than that would they?! :)

No I doubt it, Thursday at the earliest I'd say

So everyone seems fairly confident that offers will be out Thursday. When would we expect the second round offeres to be out? The following week?

Following week bud

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Donegal Disciple

Is there anyone here from Donegal , Tyrone , Fermanagh or Derry?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ma77dgn

Is there anyone here from Donegal , Tyrone , Fermanagh or Derry?

Yeah Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Great Mate

Hi guys, long time follower first time poster, I have been reading about people wondering about time off from templemore college for weddings holidays etc. Would anyone have any info about time off for a newborn baby? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Howard828

Great Mate wrote: »
    Hi guys, long time follower first time poster, I have been reading about people wondering about time off from templemore college for weddings holidays etc. Would anyone have any info about time off for a newborn baby? Thanks in advance

Tbh, i wouldn't say there isnt much leniency because everyweek is vital with regards to whats being taught. Id imagine you'd need weeks etc? Deferral would be your best bet .Unless you could get away at the end of each day to go home? Living near by?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

Great Mate wrote: »
    Ring the college, I would say they would either give you a week but best to call them to be 100% sure

Could be any day now!! Excitement and nerves are real!!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redgreendragon

Very hard to know if I should be expecting an offer for may. From 2015 campaign with an oom in the 1000s and have all stages complete. When I rang up few months back I was told there was a good few in front of me and she didn't know if I'd make May or not. What we think, should i prepare for an offer now or will it be August. Obviously I know nobody here can know for sure but a bit of speculation to get me through the week will do no harm at all lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tomcwn

Very hard to know if I should be expecting an offer for may. From 2015 campaign with an oom in the 1000s and have all stages complete. When I rang up few months back I was told there was a good few in front of me and she didn't know if I'd make May or not. What we think, should i prepare for an offer now or will it be August. Obviously I know nobody here can know for sure but a bit of speculation to get me through the week will do no harm at all lol

I'm early 1000s as well with my file complete and was told when i rang appointments a few weeks ago that i was in a good position for may so here's hoping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Well I'm also from same campaign everything complete with low 300s OOM and I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm preparing myself because I think I'll more than likely be expecting August if all goes well

Could be wrong but a guy in work told me today that a guy on the team he coaches got an offer last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

im from the 2016 campaign waiting on PCT date,

looks like there is a nice few ahead of me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kfitzerp

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Could be wrong but a guy in work told me today that a guy on the team he coaches got an offer last week.
    The switchboards at HRM hus exploded!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Why post this? It's completely speculative?

• Advertisement

Pretty sure 90% of stuff in this thread is speculative bud

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Pretty sure 90% of stuff in this thread is speculative bud

So that makes it OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

700's but still waiting on vetting ...hoping for a little miracle 😀

Wax100 wrote: »
    Well I'm also from same campaign everything complete with low 300s OOM and I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm preparing myself because I think I'll more than likely be expecting August if all goes well

When ye say everthing complete, do ye mean vetting completed as well?! No reason you wouldn't get an offer with that OOM if all complete :)

I suppose there is no definite way of knowing if you'll make the next intake.. Do they notify be email or letter?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Persieway11

super disappointed passed physical and now been told my vetting still outstanding 🙠and this could take anything up to 18months under some circumstances

mabf wrote: »
    I suppose there is no definite way of knowing if you'll make the next intake.. Do they notify be email or letter?

M

By email bud :)

super disappointed passed physical and now been told my vetting still outstanding 🙠and this could take anything up to 18months under some circumstances
    When did you pass the physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Persieway11

When did you pass the physical?

4th March I'm part of early 2016 campaign got held up with medical awaiting report

• Advertisement

Hopefully it wont take long for you. Some people on Boards have waited a long time, while others haven't. That's not considering the applicants that don't use boards so I'd keep the faith if I was you.:D

Advertisement