Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Style SM Draft GW (Finish Hi, Draft Lo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

incase anyone is not sure ... once you've bought your draft picks, no more buying other than newly adds until next seasons draft picks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

A few very welcome rises for Lazio this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Turns out I only have Podolski on loan from Japan! Dammit!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I got a lot of returning loanees today. They're going to add quite a bit to my bank balance! :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    I got a lot of returning loanees today. They're going to add quite a bit to my bank balance! :pac:

Ooor yoù ll have a cup team to compete for the extra draft slot

• Advertisement

Extra draft slot??  What Black Magic is this??

Season1:
    NFL14062017.jpg

Can a mod add this to the OP?

Thanks

World Champions ....

Ireland :cool:

WE ARE THE BOYS IN GREEN
    WE'LL BE ON YOUR TV SCREENS

Seriously what's the story with the cups? Do you get an extra draft pic if you win one? Is it all cup type trophies or just domestic? When does the bonus pic come in the order of tings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I just won the charity shield with an injured hazard. What do I win? :P

• Advertisement

To answer ur question baz...
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads and lasses ...

sorry I haven't come back to this .... So one or 2 had aimed to finish last with the understanding that they would get the earlier picks in each draft round ... whith the proposed changes above that was no longer the case soooooo..

my compromise:

start of season 2:
    Based on league standings in season1:

round1... team that finished LAST gets pick1, team that finished FIRST gets last pick
    round2... team that finished LAST gets pick1, team that finished FIRST gets last pick
    round3... team that finished FIRST gets pick1, team that finished LAST gets last pick

start of season 3:
    Based on league standings in season2:

Serpent style draft:

round1... team that finished LAST gets pick1, team that finished FIRST gets last pick
    round2... team that finished FIRST gets pick1, team that finished LAST gets last pick
    round3... team that finished LAST gets pick1, team that finished FIRST gets last pick
    Extra pick1 : Cup Winner
    Extra pick2 : Shield Winner

Subsequent seasons:
    Repeat of start of season3 based on leageu position in the previous season

Only transfers between the seasons drafts sessions allowed are newly added players or deals lined up between managed teams to trade draft positions.

Thanks for looking

Its domestic cups btw

To answer ur question baz...

Its domestic cups btw

Was gonna say ... makes sense it's the domestic cups only - the european ones tend to be won by the strongest team ... so you would just be rewarding the strongest ...

that made sense in me head

Folks
    I have a very interesting league with a daft name. We started you couldn't buy players rated over 88 and have been putting it up each season by 2. This close season I'll be putting it up from 92 to 93 as we look to slow the rate of ascent. I will also be turning off no buying from Unmanageds, which will lead to this excellent River Plate team getting gutted, so now if you are up for it would be a good time to join:
    N.KANTÉ
    C.CASEMIRO
    J.WEIGL
    F.TORRES
    D.WELBECK
    D.PEROTTI
    X.PRIETO
    M.PEREIRA
    D.PEREIRA
    M.NASTASIĆ
    M.ROJO
    E.LAVEZZI
    L.ALARIO
    G.MERCADO
    F.FERNÁNDEZ
    M.RASHFORD
    L.SHAW
    J.MAIDANA
    J.CÉSAR
    M.NETO
    G.SIMEONE
    B.EMBOLO
    K.IHEANACHO
    S.DRIUSSI
    R.MORA
    M.BASTOS
    J.MONTERO
    G.MARTÍNEZ
    I.FERNÁNDEZ
    J.BERNARDO
    N.ZECA
    M.CASCO
    A.MINA
    R.PALACIO

WALPOLE LEIBNIZ LORENZ LLIGA MMXVI PART THE ƵWEITE
    Season: 2 (it's actually Season 3 - the first gw was one of the free ones and when I created it I didn't realise they don't let you change the rules cos it's a free world, so we had a mass exodus to this one)
    Turn: 33
    Clubs: 9 / 40
    Friends: 8
    Game World ID: 342396

Be great if anyone else could join

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Folks
    I have a very interesting league with a daft name. We started you couldn't buy players rated over 88 and have been putting it up each season by 2. This close season I'll be putting it up from 92 to 93 as we look to slow the rate of ascent. I will also be turning off no buying from Unmanageds, which will lead to this excellent River Plate team getting gutted, so now if you are up for it would be a good time to join:
    N.KANTÉ
    C.CASEMIRO
    J.WEIGL
    F.TORRES
    D.WELBECK
    D.PEROTTI
    X.PRIETO
    M.PEREIRA
    D.PEREIRA
    M.NASTASIĆ
    M.ROJO
    E.LAVEZZI
    L.ALARIO
    G.MERCADO
    F.FERNÁNDEZ
    M.RASHFORD
    L.SHAW
    J.MAIDANA
    J.CÉSAR
    M.NETO
    G.SIMEONE
    B.EMBOLO
    K.IHEANACHO
    S.DRIUSSI
    R.MORA
    M.BASTOS
    J.MONTERO
    G.MARTÍNEZ
    I.FERNÁNDEZ
    J.BERNARDO
    N.ZECA
    M.CASCO
    A.MINA
    R.PALACIO

WALPOLE LEIBNIZ LORENZ LLIGA MMXVI PART THE ƵWEITE
    Season: 2 (it's actually Season 3 - the first gw was one of the free ones and when I created it I didn't realise they don't let you change the rules cos it's a free world, so we had a mass exodus to this one)
    Turn: 33
    Clubs: 9 / 40
    Friends: 8
    Game World ID: 342396

Be great if anyone else could join

Its a grand easy league.... i won D1 in season 1 :D

Its a grand easy league.... i won D1 in season 1 :D

Season 2 strictly speaking ...

Season 2 strictly speaking ...

Details....

Galatasaray SK beat Borussia M?nchengladbach 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Su?rez scored the winner for Galatasaray SK and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Great to get an early win.

Are any of you cats not managing a team in THE GOOD LEAGUE? Liverpool gig goin

Are any of you cats not managing a team in THE GOOD LEAGUE? Liverpool gig goin

What type a team they have?

very good squad

E.HAZARD
    J.MASCHERANO
    R.LUKAKU
    B.WILLIAN
    C.ERIKSEN
    R.STERLING
    Á.MORATA
    L.BENDER
    R.RODRÍGUEZ
    C.MARQUINHOS
    C.ARÁNGUIZ
    L.DANILO
    D.ROSE
    S.BENDER
    I.AKINFEEV

• Advertisement

Go on then I will give them a lash

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sevilla beat SS Lazio 4 - 1 in a penalty shootout after they could not be seperated at the final whistle, with the match ending 1 - 1.

Ronaldo scored the only goal for Sevilla and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Sevilla have won the NFL Style SM Draft GW. Finish Hi, Draft Lo... Cup!

The extra draft pick is mine :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Thought I was gona get a 2nd extra pick. When it went to pens I was sure ddg would do the business

So the extra draft pick goes to the team who wins the league probs. That doesn't seem balanced. Was there another one for the league SHIELD? Who got that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

So the extra draft pick goes to the team who wins the league probs. That doesn't seem balanced. Was there another one for the league? Who got that?

The original draft only goes by league position. The league winners don't get an extra pick at all. They get the last pick in the first round, first pick in the second round, and then last pick again in the last round.

:)

Lads and lasses ...

sorry I haven't come back to this .... So one or 2 had aimed to finish last with the understanding that they would get the earlier picks in each draft round ... whith the proposed changes above that was no longer the case soooooo..

my compromise:

start of season 2:
    Based on league standings in season1:

round2... team that finished LAST gets pick1, team that finished FIRST gets last pick
    round3... team that finished FIRST gets pick1, team that finished LAST gets last pick

start of season 3:
    Based on league standings in season2:

Serpent style draft:

round2... team that finished FIRST gets pick1, team that finished LAST gets last pick
    round3... team that finished LAST gets pick1, team that finished FIRST gets last pick
    Extra pick1 : Cup Winner
    Extra pick2 : Shield Winner

Subsequent seasons:
    Repeat of start of season3 based on leageu position in the previous season

Only transfers between the seasons drafts sessions allowed are newly added players or deals lined up between managed teams to trade draft positions.

Thanks for looking
    This was the latest version of the rules...

Wil... worth changing the OP?

Wilberto wrote: »
    The original draft only goes by league position. The league winners don't get an extra pick at all. They get the last pick in the first round, first pick in the second round, and then last pick again in the last round.

:)

League Cup I meant Swiftly :rolleyes:

This was the latest version of the rules...

Wil... worth changing the OP?

I understand now. Please strike my comments about fairness and unbalancedocity from the record. Can't say fairer than that.

Lol I actually thought I won the shield final two weeks ago, turns out it was only the semi final and I haven't got a fit team now for the final tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sevilla take the league title!

Just need the SMFA Shield to make it a treble.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement