Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done the Ciclovia Francigena (Tuscany)?

Options
  • 10-02-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Myself and a couple of friends are flying into Rome in September to cycle up to Pisa. I had already planned to use the Ciclovia Francigena but having painstakingly mapped it via the Open Cycle Map on Bikeroutetoaster and then exported it to Google Maps it looks like a lot of it is on tracks which the Google Streetview car declined to cover.

The appeal of the route is that it avoids main roads which, in my experience of Italy are often quite narrow and lacking a hard shoulder, encouraging close passes. However, should the absence of Streetview give me pause for thought? Does it suggest that the tracks are either a) private (although having looked at the furthest point up these roads where images are available there are no signs stating this) or b) just too rough for vehicular traffic.

Any advice on this gratefully received.

Comments

Advertisement