Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball in Dun Laoghaire Ferry Terminal

• 10-02-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭

Not so much here to discuss the ball, as to discuss the role DL is playing.

University papers reporting that UCD and DIT will host some sort of joint ball / student concert in the car park beside the old HSS terminal. 7000 people, subject to license. 2 stages, fair, food etc. Sounds interesting.

http://www.universityobserver.ie/news/ucd-ball-returns-this-spring/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

If I'm reading that right it's in the same (outdoor) location as the Beatyard, ie the marshalling yard. Hope I'm wrong, but doing that in February is optimistic.

If it's indoors, in the former terminal, it will be a tight squeeze to get 7000 punters in. Great venue though. I had a wee explore of it last year when the bouncy castles were in on the ground floor, and it did occur to me that it would make an incredible night club venue. great mix of spaces between the passenger lounges, former restaurant, check in hall and the bit where the Shackleton expo was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If I'm reading that right it's in the same (outdoor) location as the Beatyard, ie the marshalling yard. Hope I'm wrong, but doing that in February is optimistic.

It'll be the end of April, so hopefully decent weather. I'm optimistic for its success.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

errlloyd wrote: »
    It'll be the end of April, so hopefully decent weather. I'm optimistic for its success.

apologies, I picked up the date that the tickets go on sale as the event date.

It will certainly bring a different crowd to DL, albeit only for a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Dlrcoco are so desperate to get some commerciability into funlaoghaire harbour and the local g&t swingers always veto any fun I'd be surprised if this goes ahead at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

It's already used to accommodate 2 day festivals though, http://www.the-beatyard.com/info/, so this should be no hassle getting approved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement